Author Topic: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---  (Read 115472 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---
« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2013, 04:18:56 AM »
usually too much traffic backed up to check.

but it's one of those at your own risks things.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »
If you chose "rental" when you bought the pass, you didn't have to enter any specific vehicle information.

Yep, I have friends who do this, not to scam the system, but because they're not actually sure which car they will be taking at the time they buy the pass.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #287 on: Today at 03:19:58 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »
Not sure how garages in SD work but I have left a garage here (Baltimore) at 2AM before. The gates were closed but as your car approaches the gates open.

Offline angeladominguez

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »
Where is the best place to park for the Con?
I don't want to park too far but I saw that parking was $50 dollars for two days /:

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »
I don't want to park too far but I saw that parking was $50 dollars for two days /:

If you want to park close, you will pay at least $20 a day. If you don't mind walking, park free on the street past the train station. It seems a bit sketchy, but I haven't heard of anyone getting broken into.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »

if you want to park for free, park at qualcom then take the trolley into the con
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline angeladominguez

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
If you want to park close, you will pay at least $20 a day. If you don't mind walking, park free on the street past the train station. It seems a bit sketchy, but I haven't heard of anyone getting broken into.

Are the locations that are $20 dollars per day close to the convention? Or would I be paying $20 to walk from an outrageous distance?

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »
Are the locations that are $20 dollars per day close to the convention? Or would I be paying $20 to walk from an outrageous distance?

Past years, some of the lots around Petco Park, but I think most of the ACE parking lots are sold out. There are others, and those others are first come, first served. It's closer than the free parking on the street. The idea of parking at Qualcomm and taking the shuttle sounds to be a good idea too. There's free parking at Balboa Park/Zoo, but I don't think there's a shuttle from there but there is a bus. Probably the worst choice.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Ive driven for 8 years and I Just park in the parking structure behind the hard rock. I never paid more than $80 for 5 days. but maybe that was with a discount from staying at the Marriott across the street. Thats about $16 a day and you can split it with whoever went with you.

I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my car far away. I'd be afraid of it getting stolen or broken into. Plus, being so close, you can put stuff in the car whenever you want instead of carrying it around.

Downside is you gotta get there very early to get a spot each day, if your not leaving it overnight.

I guess petco park isn't far, and you can walk across the skywalk from the bayfront hotel by hall H. Not sure about pricing or how early you need to park or if they allow overnight parking, and if they have overnight security though.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »

Here's a useful website I just came across.

Just scroll down to the convention center area and it will pop open graphics on where you can park.  I recommend you go to satellite view so that you can see which are lots and which are hotel parking areas or covered garages.  I know this means extra work, but if you have time, it might pay to take a trip downtown so that you can scope out where the lots are, what streets you take it get in, etc.  Also, note that some lots get bought out by companies for promotion.  For instance, last year, the lot at Island and First Ave was taken over by History Channel for their BBQ roadshow, so be aware some lots will be taken out.  Also, once you have a list of lots you want to go, maybe get there early on Wednesday or Thursday and take a quick drive around to shop for a competitive price.  I have to think most lot operators know what the going rate is around them, so you may not get much of a deal if one at all (maybe pay $18 all day instead of $20, $20 instead of $25, etc.).  Most of us choose to go to the ACE parking website because in years past, driving around that area in the morning SUCKED!  If you couldn't get your preferred lot, you basically had to wander around until you found a nearby lot and just parked there.  Now, most of us have no qualms about the higher rates (and service fees they charge) all for the name of convenience.

As someone noted earlier, if you go on Harbor and drive south of the convention center, there is parking along that road as well as the area around it.  As far as I know, there are no restrictions but it is in a middle of a bunch of warehouses, loading stations, car shops, etc.  Google Maps says the walk can be anywhere from a .5 to .7 walk.  In the day, this should not be a prob, but night time you may want to walk with a group in that area.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
I just sent another email to ACE Parking via the website contact page to see if they will open the Hilton Bayfront Garage by 5AM on Friday and Saturday morning of Comic-con so that those that have paid to park there won't miss out on the chance of getting into Hall H on those days (last year I was there by 6:30am and in line before 7am and didn't get into Hall H until much later in the day. The most recent info I received from ACE awhile back is that the Hilton Bayfront hours would be from 6am to 2am - while the convention center garage is opening at 5am - it seems like they should be able to do the same 5am open for the Hilton Bayfront. If everyone goes to the ACE parking page and sends and email via the Contact Us section - maybe we can put the heat on :)

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
Official Word: Hilton Bayfront Garage will not open until 6AM During Comic-con Week

I just got an email from James Hilgsen, Site Manager for the Hilton Bayfront that the Bayfront Garage will not open until 6AM each day during comic-con week - going to be pretty rough to get in line for Hall H on Sat.

Offline andrewsims

• Sails Pavilion
Convention Center parking pass for sale - all five days
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
Hey everyone,
I purchased a parking pass for the San Diego Convention Center for all five days (July 17 - 21), mistakenly thinking that overnight parking was allowed. I came to realize today it's NOT allowed, which leaves me with parking passes I can't use because I need somewhere to park overnight.

I read in a separate thread that people have been selling their parking passes, and I would like to do the same. While they do have my name and car info on them, others said that they do not check this information and just scan the bar code.

Ideally, I would like to sell all the passes at once since that would just be easiest. I am offering all five for $70 (that's $10 less than I paid). If you are interested, or want to buy just a few of the days, please reply and/or e-mail me: [email protected].

When you purchase, I can forward you the parking passes via e-mail. Alternatively, I can meet you at Comic Con or in the West LA area and hand them to you. Whichever way we do it, I will take the money at the same time.

If you have any questions just reply here or e-mail me at the address above! Thanks.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Convention Center parking pass for sale - all five days
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
k, this is a tricky post.  Our policy has been to disallow all selling- but this is a great deal and you *are* selling these at a loss.  I'm going to let it ride & merge this in with the parking pass thread with the understanding that we do not endorse the sale & this is with the usual caveat 'buyer beware'.

Personally, i'd at least sell the four days together & maybe the preview night to one person.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2013, 07:24:36 AM »
Official Word: Hilton Bayfront Garage will not open until 6AM During Comic-con Week

I just got an email from James Hilgsen, Site Manager for the Hilton Bayfront that the Bayfront Garage will not open until 6AM each day during comic-con week - going to be pretty rough to get in line for Hall H on Sat.

someone posted on the cci FB page that the hilton is open earlier with no restrictions on when someone could enter.