Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65185 times)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Should be interesting this year. Wonder how crazy the badge sales are going to be now since VIP is gone...

Also, no comic store sales...

I think they will still be a little insane.  Especially if they haven't solved their server issues.  Only time will tell :)
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »
I was shocked  :o to see that they were eliminating the VIP tickets, seems strange for a "for profit" to do that.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 07:17:17 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »
I just read that tickets are NOT refundable.  I have not been to NYCC before.  Is that standard for them?  Below is taken from their ticket info:

"NYCC Tickets are non-transferrable. They are also non-upgradeable, non-refundable and non-resellable. They are yours to have and to hold until the Show is over."
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »
I just read that tickets are NOT refundable.  I have not been to NYCC before.  Is that standard for them?  Below is taken from their ticket info:

"NYCC Tickets are non-transferrable. They are also non-upgradeable, non-refundable and non-resellable. They are yours to have and to hold until the Show is over."

Yes, it is standard for them.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2016, 09:52:30 AM »
I was shocked  :o to see that they were eliminating the VIP tickets, seems strange for a "for profit" to do that.

Me too! I've never attended a ReedPop con and always sort of side-eyed them b/c they were for-profit. I can't help but wonder if keeping all the VIP lines separate, maintaining the lounge, extra security to make sure only VIPs had access to their stuff, added up to more cost than the VIP badge sales brought in.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »
Very disappointing that they are not going to have VIP tickets this year. The VIP lounge and not having to wait in the super long line to get into the con was worth it alone. It's funny because waiting on the long line to get into SDCC doesn't bother me as much as the waiting on the long line to get into NYCC does. I've also been disappointed in the panels the last 2 years at NYCC so not waiting in line and the quick access to the show floor helped make up for what i felt were not enough and somewhat disappointing panels. It's strange because i don't feel like i want or need SDCC to offer VIP tickets but with NYCC i almost don't want to go without the VIP tickets. Something about the way they run the lines and the panels and just the whole show compared to SDCC that makes me feel like i am going to have a much morse time without the VIP tickets.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »

I had lingering doubts about not attending this year, but that aspect of it convinced me not to go. The Ultimate VIP made my con last year, and it was fantastic! Without it, I'd be much more stressed and get a lot less done. If I want to wait in lines all day, I'll go to SDCC. ;)

But yeah, I'm shocked too. Why wouldn't they just double the price for VIP if it was costing them so much? It would still sell out!

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2016, 09:55:39 AM »
lets be honest they were fed up with VIPs at NYCC. They still do VIPs at all other shows even upcoming 2017 SWCO supposedly is having VIPs but they got tired of it here.

'Fairness' is a nice way of saying it
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »
Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many ultimate VIP and special access VIP badges were sold? It does seem like a lot of work but the ticket costs were a lot higher. That being said, I had an ultimate VIP badge last year, and it was awesome. Now it's back to the wristband lines!

Offline bradk

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:10 AM »
at least I'll be saving $600 this year. or at least putting it to the D23 Expo pool when they announce their VIP tickets went up by $1000.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:34 AM »
I had lingering doubts about not attending this year, but that aspect of it convinced me not to go. The Ultimate VIP made my con last year, and it was fantastic! Without it, I'd be much more stressed and get a lot less done. If I want to wait in lines all day, I'll go to SDCC. ;)

But yeah, I'm shocked too. Why wouldn't they just double the price for VIP if it was costing them so much? It would still sell out!

I feel the same way. If this wasn't a local con for me i would not be going this year. Since no travel is involved for me to go i figure whatever i do and see at the con is good enough. But i'm definitely not looking forward to it as much.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »
lets be honest they were fed up with VIPs at NYCC. They still do VIPs at all other shows even upcoming 2017 SWCO supposedly is having VIPs but they got tired of it here.

'Fairness' is a nice way of saying it

Yea i don't think it has anything to do with Fairness. What were they fed up about?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »
It's funny because waiting on the long line to get into SDCC doesn't bother me as much as the waiting on the long line to get into NYCC does.

ummm, the difference between being in a sm city in SoCal in July VS a large city, way north in Oct? 

^^ might have something to do with it-  I'd have no concerns throwing a sleeping bag down at sdcc- nycc not so much
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
I don't know how I'm going to deal with a regular pass again... I just can't go back to being a regular pass... D:
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2016, 10:06:13 AM »
ummm, the difference between being in a sm city in SoCal in July VS a large city, way north in Oct? 

^^ might have something to do with it-  I'd have no concerns throwing a sleeping bag down at sdcc- nycc not so much

That's part of it. It's also just something about the whole experience being different at SDCC vs NYCC. The line at SDCC feels like it's part of the whole experience, the line at NYCC feels like it's just waiting on a long line. I can't really put it in words what the difference is but for me there is a difference.