Author Topic: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread  (Read 53394 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At this point, hotels within walking distance are all gone. My limit is $280 per night for 2 people (since I am paying for both of us). Also need washer and dryer, since I am going to Asia right after.

Have you tried the TP link Quislings posted?

I think there are still hotels within 1 mile of the convention center listed. The Sofia, the W and the Westing (all 9 blocks) are available for $200-$300 per night. Go for a rate closer to $200 and that will pay for a bunch of laundry.

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »
I think there are still hotels within 1 mile of the convention center listed. The Sofia, the W and the Westing (all 9 blocks) are available for $200-$300 per night. Go for a rate closer to $200 and that will pay for a bunch of laundry.

Transmute Jun,

I am all set now, 4 blocks away from Convention Center with laundry. I just don't have time leaving things behind at a hotel. Prefer airbnb this way,  since I am traveling to another country right after as part of the trip.

For a fun fact... I am the artist who drew that Gatchaman Phoenix icon you used in your signature? ;)

-T

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
love it
glad you find this site helpful!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
I am all set now, 4 blocks away from Convention Center with laundry. I just don't have time leaving things behind at a hotel. Prefer airbnb this way,  since I am traveling to another country right after as part of the trip.

For a fun fact... I am the artist who drew that Gatchaman Phoenix icon you used in your signature? ;)

I'm glad you got something that works for you! I know how frustrating it is when you think you have things all set and then it unravels at the last minute.

Wow, I had no idea you had drawn the icon! I love that icon set. I use them on my file folders on my computer. So I'm looking at your work everyday... :D

Offline jaimetz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »
After a long day at Comic Con, what you need is a place close by to refresh and get ready for a night on the town. Wyndham Harbour Lights is walking distance from Horton Plaza, the Trolley, the Convention Center, and several acclaimed night spots. I have stayed here several times myself and I love it. I have a timeshare reservation available at this resort during Comic Con. The room sleeps 4. Please message me back directly for details.

Here's a link to the resort

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
perhaps an idea of the cost???
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jaimetz

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
After a long day at Comic Con, what you need is a place close by to refresh and get ready for a night on the town. Wyndham Harbour Lights is walking distance from Horton Plaza, the Trolley, the Convention Center, and several acclaimed night spots. I have stayed here several times myself and I love it. I have a timeshare reservation available at this resort during Comic Con. The room sleeps 4. Please message me back directly for details.

Here's a link to the resort

Sure. I know that rooms in the Gaslamp area are going for an outrageous $400+ per night. I'm flexible, but was leaning to around $300 per night for the above-mentioned room. I want this room to be used by a true Comic-Con Fan so please message me and we can make a deal. I currently have it reserved for check-in on July 17 and check-out on July 23

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »
If anyone is still looking i just got an email about the property below being available. I don't know anything about it other then i emailed the guy about a different place 6 months ago and he emailed me today about this one.

Offline SD_HIHostel

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
We had last minute cancellations are only a couple blocks away from the convention center. Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or call 619-525-1531

Offline CasadelBancroft

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
Hi Everyone!  A friend of mine directed me here because we just put our 1 bedroom/1 bath vacation apartment up for rent for Comic Con.  The reason it's so last minute is because we have been working to get it rent ready for the last couple months. 

It's in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego which is approximately 5 minutes from downtown. It has a queen size bed and accommodations for more sleep in the living room.  It has internet access, flat screen tv, blue ray, Netflix, towels, dishware, etc.   We are renting for 150.00/up to 3 people...200.00/ for 4 people.  100.00 security (refunded no major damage) 50.00 cleaning fee.   Just pm me if you are interested or would like more information! 

I tried to attach some pictures but I can't figure out how to do it.....

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
I tried to attach some pictures but I can't figure out how to do it.....

You can use a site like photobucket to host your pictures.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline artookitty

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Hi!

I know with me being a brand spanking new member and this being my first post, this could seem suspect but I promise, I am just a fellow geek trying to save a buck.

Also, this is not a condo, it is a private guesthome with private entry.

Due to some miscommunications, I have ended up with an extra rental. The one available for rent is a studio/guesthome with private entry and kitchenette in El Cajon about 15-20 mins away from the con available from Thurs-Sun with a free night Weds with late arrival (after 9pm) for 150/night totaling $450 for the weekend.

I have already put down a 100$ deposit through paypal, and a better option has come up for me and I must find someone to take this studio off my hands. This is a GREAT DEAL for those comic con veterans. I can only get my deposit back if someone rents from Thurs-Sun with late arrival Weds night free.

PLEASE contact me for more information and photos!