Author Topic: Unable to log in with Firefox  (Read 2897 times)

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
Unable to log in with Firefox
« on: March 20, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »
For the past month or so have not been able to log into this site with Firefox, but I can with Chrome. Not sure what the problem is. I'm not the most computer proficient so if anybody can provide any help or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks :)

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: Unable to log in with Firefox
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 09:14:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For the past month or so have not been able to log into this site with Firefox, but I can with Chrome. Not sure what the problem is. I'm not the most computer proficient so if anybody can provide any help or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks :)
You may want to try deleting your Firefox cache or just the friendsofcc.com site from your browser.
To remove the friendsofcc site from Firefox:
  In Firefox, press CTRL-H to bring up your history and search for friendsofcc in the search box.
  In the search results right click on one of the entries and select "Forget About This Site".
  This should remove all traces of FoCC from the browser.  You can do another search to verify.
  After all traces have been removed, try again to go to the site and login.
Let us know if that helps.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:16:00 PM »

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
You may want to try deleting your Firefox cache or just the friendsofcc.com site from your browser.
To remove the friendsofcc site from Firefox:
  In Firefox, press CTRL-H to bring up your history and search for friendsofcc in the search box.
  In the search results right click on one of the entries and select "Forget About This Site".
  This should remove all traces of FoCC from the browser.  You can do another search to verify.
  After all traces have been removed, try again to go to the site and login.
Let us know if that helps.
Thanks so much, Steve! I'm going to try that right now. :)

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:52:17 AM »
I followed your instructions to delete the friendsoffcc.com site but I am still unable to log in. So frustrating! I really appreciate your help Steve!

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:56 AM »
I followed your instructions to delete the friendsoffcc.com site but I am still unable to log in. So frustrating! I really appreciate your help Steve!
Sorry to hear.  What type of error are you seeing?  The browser is not prefilling in your login credentials, is it?
Are you going to the correct site to log in, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login?
I just checked on another computer as was able to log into my account with a fresh version of Firefox, so I don't think it is a problem with the browser.
Maybe an add-on is causing problems?  You can try and start Firefox in safe mode. Hold the SHIFT key and double-click on the Firefox icon on your desktop or quick launch bar, select Safe Mode when prompted.

I can't think of anything else to try at this time.
Hope you can figure it out.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
Sorry to hear.  What type of error are you seeing?  The browser is not prefilling in your login credentials, is it?
Are you going to the correct site to log in, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login?
I just checked on another computer as was able to log into my account with a fresh version of Firefox, so I don't think it is a problem with the browser.
Maybe an add-on is causing problems?  You can try and start Firefox in safe mode. Hold the SHIFT key and double-click on the Firefox icon on your desktop or quick launch bar, select Safe Mode when prompted.

I can't think of anything else to try at this time.
Hope you can figure it out.
OMG! That worked, Steve! I started Firefox in safe mode and I was able to log in. I really appreciate your help! I hate being so inept at anything computer related. I usually have to ask my kids for help! ;) Hope you have a great day!

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »
OMG! That worked, Steve! I started Firefox in safe mode and I was able to log in. I really appreciate your help! I hate being so inept at anything computer related. I usually have to ask my kids for help! ;) Hope you have a great day!
That's good, so it's most likely one of your Firefox add-ons that is causing the issue.  You may have to go into your settings, then Add-ons and disable each one at a time until you find the culprit.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »
Thank you [member=3710]SteveD[/member]
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5