Author Topic: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019  (Read 45690 times)

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
Re: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You cannot change them. The name on the ticket must match the name of the attendee per their rules. Also I find it a little odd that a twitter account with a similar name to yours  is doing some suspect fake eventbrite setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply but I think my original question was misunderstood. I didn’t plan to change the name after purchase or try to have someone attend in place of.. my question is can a parent buy the ticket (with their cc info) but list the child’s name as the attendee (who doesn’t have a cc). All address info would still be the same. It’s just the owner of the credit card being used is not the person who will be attending. I’m not sure if this is even possible, but this is why I was asking.

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2019, 08:07:45 PM »
Hey [member=4657]nootheroptions[/member] that is mine and those are just test events that I use to practice. I’m not sure how they were found though bc I don’t have followers and this account is solely used for me to practice. If the images are inappropriate bc of the likeliness, I will change that moving forward. Again, I’m being fully honest bc I’m not trying to screw anybody over, all I’m doing is trying to practice for tmro with as much detail as is think there would be tmro.

Why did you photoshop the poster? That looked super sketchy. You are clearly setting up scripts. It’s not hard to spot.  As far as billing goes I don’t know I believe the billing needs to match the acct.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 09:05:26 AM »

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
Why did you photoshop the poster? That looked super sketchy. You are clearly setting up scripts. It’s not hard to spot.  As far as billing goes I don’t know I believe the billing needs to match the acct.

I really don’t know how to do scripts lol, I wish I knew just for my own benefit but I really have no idea. The picture was just bc I really didn’t think anyone was going to see it. If I’m good at anything, it’s photoshop so don’t mind my personal reasons of trying to do something I’m good at to make me feel better lol. Anything beyond that, there is no reason. I’ll go ahead and take that off for any future testing I do.

With that said, and related to scripts, was I really close? Lol, I really don’t have any idea but I thought scripts is more related to coding.

And thanks, I won’t try to deal with another account. Hoping to just get two then instead of just going for one

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2019, 08:23:07 PM »
I really don’t know how to do scripts lol, I wish I knew just for my own benefit but I really have no idea. The picture was just bc I really didn’t think anyone was going to see it. If I’m good at anything, it’s photoshop so don’t mind my personal reasons of trying to do something I’m good at to make me feel better lol. Anything beyond that, there is no reason. I’ll go ahead and take that off for any future testing I do.

With that said, and related to scripts, was I really close? Lol, I really don’t have any idea but I thought scripts is more related to coding.

And thanks, I won’t try to deal with another account. Hoping to just get two then instead of just going for one

You’re overthinking this whole thing way too much.  Setting up Eventbrite Accounts?  Photoshop?  My head is spinning at the very thought.

Amigo, all you need to do is react quickly to a Tweet.  There’s nothing else to practice other than speed and diligence.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2019, 09:39:42 PM »
hey guys one question, eventbrite wont let me add CC info before the event, (I have never bought a ticket on eventbrite) but testing on other events, when I click buy, it says it protects my ticket for 10 min so I can enter my info without a rush, fundays works this way too? If I get in on time, click buy and get in, will it protect my ticket or do I have to speed type everything?

thanks!

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »
For those that won the lottery to get tickets, did you purchase them through eventbrite as well?

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2019, 10:18:30 PM »
For those that won the lottery to get tickets, did you purchase them through eventbrite as well?

If by lottery you are referring to the Funatic Forum presale, yes, those were also through Eventbrite.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »
Was the password case sensitive?

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2019, 10:28:11 PM »
Was the password case sensitive?

Another assumption here, but if you are referring to last year's password, yes, I would say it was.  It was tweeted out as 'TUMBLEBEE', so I didn't take any chances and entered it into Eventbrite in all caps.

I would definitely treat any type of password with case sensitivity.  The easiest way to guarantee your entry would be to simply copy/paste.

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2019, 06:54:26 AM »
Anyone else super nervous this morning? Been trying for years and have yet to go. Fingers crossed this is the year! Good luck to all!
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Conan - 2017, 2019
Funko Fundays - Not yet. Still trying!

Offline Femfunatic

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »
Anyone else super nervous this morning? Been trying for years and have yet to go. Fingers crossed this is the year! Good luck to all!
yeah, i'm pretty anxious this morning.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »
hey guys one question, eventbrite wont let me add CC info before the event, (I have never bought a ticket on eventbrite) but testing on other events, when I click buy, it says it protects my ticket for 10 min so I can enter my info without a rush, fundays works this way too? If I get in on time, click buy and get in, will it protect my ticket or do I have to speed type everything?

thanks!

Anyone knows something about the question I posted earlier?

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2019, 07:51:20 AM »
Anyone knows something about the question I posted earlier?

If you actually get to the buying page you are supposed to have 15 minutes to complete the purchase, so you should be fine.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2019, 07:58:07 AM »
Why did you photoshop the poster? That looked super sketchy. You are clearly setting up scripts. It’s not hard to spot. 

That's a lot of paranoia for a simple billing question.  ???

Offline parrity

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2019, 08:01:15 AM »
That's a lot of paranoia for a simple billing question.  ???

I saw what he was talking about too. It was really sketchy.

If you wanna see it for yourself here is the link.

THIS IS NOT FUNDAYS, DO NOT BUY THESE TICKETS.

Password is FUNKOFUNDAYS.