Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26655 times)

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All of the Disneyworld parks are located in Orange County which is under a stay at home order.

They need to do this with the entire state.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
The initial word from our big clients was to be ready to activate in June but we are being told that it’s more likely our first activation will be in late August at the earliest.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
Anytime Anyplace, i'll be there! 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
The initial word from our big clients was to be ready to activate in June but we are being told that it’s more likely our first activation will be in late August at the earliest.

What do you do?

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
What do you do?

He is the leader of a group mechanical lions that interlocks into a giant robot...

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
He is the leader of a group mechanical lions that interlocks into a giant robot...

Really? I thought he was one half of an extraterrestrial twin brother and sister superhero duo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
It would be a miracle to have a cure or vaccine available to everyone by July, and then maybe a superhero will swarm down and save us all.

So I just saw the pipelines for the companies trying to make a vaccine for covid.  The way they are getting to the 12 month mark is by eliminating 2 of the clinical trials.  A drug normally goes through 3 clinical trials.  Phase 1(is it safe?), Phase 2(does it work?) and finally Phase 3(how does it compare to what's already out there?).  While dropping Phase 3 might be reasonable, there's nothing out there now, only one company is conducting Phase 1 and Phase 2.  The rest of the companies are only conducting Phase 1 and then straight to deployment.  So long as it doesn't kill you, they are going to deploy the vaccine.  How well or if it works isn't going to be evaluated.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
What do you do?

I work for an event marketing agency.  Our clients activate in the big events: Super Bowl, CES, Wimbledon etc., although I only come in at the very beginning and very end of the project (after the event is over and we have to do the recaps) .  Not surprisingly, we’re bleeding right now but we have some other business lines that are keeping us afloat.

We’re being told to keep working and to be ready if some miracle happens by June but that most likely the earliest we’d be able to do anything would be the US Open.

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
I don't know how this is rolling out elsewhere, but I was just notified that the University of Texas at Dallas will extend its shutdown and conduct ALL summer session classes online. I think it's the right move, but I was still surprised.

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
So I just saw the pipelines for the companies trying to make a vaccine for covid.  The way they are getting to the 12 month mark is by eliminating 2 of the clinical trials.  A drug normally goes through 3 clinical trials.  Phase 1(is it safe?), Phase 2(does it work?) and finally Phase 3(how does it compare to what's already out there?).  While dropping Phase 3 might be reasonable, there's nothing out there now, only one company is conducting Phase 1 and Phase 2.  The rest of the companies are only conducting Phase 1 and then straight to deployment.  So long as it doesn't kill you, they are going to deploy the vaccine.  How well or if it works isn't going to be evaluated.
12 months till they find a cure. Another 12 months to have it readily available to the general public. Hell, they can't even make enough tests.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684

The tweet above is about Gov. Newsom’s opinion on when sporting events (mainly football) will start up again in California. Overall, how I see it, Newsom doesn't want any large event to happen for some time now. That's why I shared the tweet. SDCC is quickly approaching and it is a big event (obviously).

And here are a few recent articles about the vaccine process and all, since it is being discussed here:

Of course, there are way more articles about this topic on the internet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:42:06 PM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline sassafrass

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
It depends on how contained they virus is and how soon vaccines and medications are available. If we’re at the level China is now by, say, next month (HIGHLY doubtful), then I’ll consider it. Also, if we have the option to defer to next year so we don’t have to go through Registration again, I’m taking it, no matter if SDCC is happening this year or not.
What level is China at?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Honestly, that part about the sports teams gives me the most doubt about SDCC than anything else I’ve read.  I thought MLB was hoping to start up in June/July.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Honestly, that part about the sports teams gives me the most doubt about SDCC than anything else I’ve read.  I thought MLB was hoping to start up in June/July.
i agree, CCI has to go along with whatever Gov. Newsom & Mayor Faulconer think best. The stories out of NYC are heart breaking.

I am coming around to changing my vote from 'yes with disinfectant' to 'No'
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:57:26 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
i agree, CCI has to go along with whatever Gov. Newsom & Mayor Faulconer think best. The stories out of NYC are heart breaking.

I am coming around to changing my vote from 'yes with disinfectant' to 'No'
I changed my vote to no last week. It goes against all my die-hard SDCC instincts but that’s just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk