Author Topic: Swag?  (Read 7551 times)

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
Re: Swag?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone received the What We Do In Shadows cards yet?
Wait, what?!!!?!!!? How did I miss this?!?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline SwagCollector

• Exhibit Hall
    • SDCC Swag Collector
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
Wait, what?!!!?!!!? How did I miss this?!?!

The cards were given to the daily top 50 players, on the Guillermo Vampire Killer game leader board.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:33:20 AM »

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
The cards were given to the daily top 50 players, on the Guillermo Vampire Killer game leader board.
Wait, what again?!?!? Obviously I'm not as big of a fan as I had thought. I know nothing of this game and I'm crushed, I don't

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2020, 04:36:36 PM »
Neither of our Boys shirts have arrived.... :(

Offline SwagCollector

• Exhibit Hall
    • SDCC Swag Collector
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »
Neither of our Boys shirts have arrived.... :(
You're not missing anything. The shirts are horrible quality.

Offline SwagCollector

• Exhibit Hall
    • SDCC Swag Collector
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2020, 04:44:08 PM »
Wait, what again?!?!? Obviously I'm not as big of a fan as I had thought. I know nothing of this game and I'm crushed, I don't

The game was in the WWDIS Room of the FXSDCC website.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 02:26:24 PM »
We want a picture when you get it!

Our t-shirts came! Here's my husband's design:

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2020, 03:32:20 PM »

You got all fancy! I LOVE it!!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
Yep. I had mentioned that my husband made a freaky design, which is why NCDS asked to see it. ;)

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »

AWESOME design, tell him i love it.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »
Yep. I had mentioned that my husband made a freaky design, which is why NCDS asked to see it. ;)

And NCDS loves that you did share it!   He did a great job!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
So anyone else got influence by this freebie and watching The Boys? I actually watching the second season and find it slower then last season.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
So anyone else got influence by this freebie and watching The Boys? I actually watching the second season and find it slower then last season.
I was already watching before SDCCI@Home.  I feel like thematically the series is going into bigger things than the 1st situation, with now A LOT of stuff up in the air story-wise.  The 1st season spent _A LOT_ of time letting us get to know 1) the characters (and the 'world' of the show is deep with characters) 2) the "tenor" or whatnot of the world 3) broad-ish plot developments.  It's easier to be fast-ish paced when there is so much to set up (the first season generally did a good job of show-don't-tell developing characters, actions, storylines, etc).  I think the first season barely scratched the surface of the overall world, which is leaving Season 2 to do a lot of heavy lifting as it delves into deeper issues.

I personally _LOVE_ how they've quickly developed the corporatization of superheros in general, and how superheros-as-a-lucrative-business runs deeper with the secret super-drug that creates Supes in that world.  Homelander coming to the realization that he's not born 'special,' and instead has 100% developed in a lab is making for some interesting TV/character development!  How Starlight is caught inbetween the corporate world & wanting to be a legit superhero 'good guy' is fascinating; Hughie also caught in the middle of pseudo-terrorist stuff while fighting the evils of corporate heroes; Butcher having deep-seeded issues with Supes that we're now learning might've been totally manipulated by CIA; Queen Mauve's private life conflicting with the corporate world; Ashley quickly moving up the corporate ladder only to quickly realize she's still just a pawn in the organization; A-train having all SORTS of issues; Deep being problematic but maybe on a redemption arc; Stan Edgar as the head of the corporate Vought, the drug-manufacturer that we thought was focused on the hero business but has far more evil enterprises that we're only starting to scratch the surface.  And we have Kimiko still a bit of a mystery, Homelander having _massive_ mental stress/issues. 
Oh, and there are super TERRORISTS (er....super villains - don't laser my face off Homelander  ??? ) still out there!

This season has jumped into a lot of depth, and I think just 'shifting the pieces' of the story & characters takes a bit of time to do it right.  I don't mind the seemingly slower-paced, especially when the action set-pieces involve huge whales being ridden by Deep right before being eviscerated by The Boys on a boat!  The new character Stormfront, as the mega-social media influencer type, is such a great addition! 

IDK; I'm digging in, and I think it's easy for it to feel slower-paced since we're only getting one ep. at a time nowadays.  It's easy while binging a 10 episode series to forget that there were slower episodes or moments when you're watching, say, 4 or 5 episodes continuously over an afternoon/evening.  It's more obvious when watching one week/one 60ish minutes at a time.  For example, I think I would've REALLY disliked "Warrior Nun" if I watched it one ep a weeks, as that felt like there were so many slow eps/moments.  But in totality it's a relatively fun series: binging the season it's easier to overlook all the moments of absolutely gorgeous  20-somethings hanging out and talking about stuff I don't really care about (or gobbly-gook nonsense that is the heart of the series story, which is absolutely craptacular and gloriously fun).

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2020, 12:56:13 PM »
That is true.. i did binge the whole season 1 in 2 days.  ^-^

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »
So in cleaning out stuff last summer, I found the swag bag from The Predator panel in 2018 which included a vial of hand sanitizer.  I was doing some more cleaning, and just found a face mask given out at the Venom panel the same year.  SDCC 2018 swag was trying to prepare us for the pandemic!