Author Topic: Fringe Screening and Q&A, Hall H, 10:00-11:00  (Read 14547 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Fringe
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
Season four finale tonight.  Let's see how it goes and what William Bell has in store...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
Fringe
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 03:12:07 AM »
I've been downloading the 720p's to stay ahead of the game - and ironically, I'm about ten episodes behind! Catching up steadily, had the epi with Stephen Root and his wife ("And Those We've Left Behind") and the 'hollow man' epi ("Wallflower") yesterday, going to hit the rest today and tomorrow; hoping I'll be up-to-date for the season finale when it becomes available. Monday, I should be all up to speed - here's hoping (from what I'm hearing on FB and twitter, I should prepare to have my mind well and truly blown, yeah??)
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Fringe Screening and Q&A, Hall H, 10:00-11:00
« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:11:40 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been downloading the 720p's to stay ahead of the game - and ironically, I'm about ten episodes behind! Catching up steadily, had the epi with Stephen Root and his wife ("And Those We've Left Behind") and the 'hollow man' epi ("Wallflower") yesterday, going to hit the rest today and tomorrow; hoping I'll be up-to-date for the season finale when it becomes available. Monday, I should be all up to speed - here's hoping (from what I'm hearing on FB and twitter, I should prepare to have my mind well and truly blown, yeah??)

Oh, I really liked the "Wallflower" episode.  (Yes, I suppose you can say that it'll get really good near/at the end, ha ha.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
Fringe
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 06:15:30 PM »
Three more to go! And I've run out of episodes, yet to download them - damn it, that flash-forward episode is a two-parter! I'll do it in the morning but the wait is going to kill me!
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
Are you referring to the "future" episode ("Letters of Transit")?  Oh, I really liked that one!  Makes you wonder how it will all play out in the next season...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:07:38 PM by Zero »

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »
Okay, you guys have officially gotten my interest piqued enough that I started watching the series. Am just starting S1 and HOLY HELL IT'S ADDICTIVE! It's been a long time since I -haven't- watched most of the show in x2 speed (I have severe ADHD and most shows move too slowly for me so I increase the speed and read the subtitles).

So far I really really love Walter, he's so adorable. :D

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »
It only gets better.  You're gonna have to slow it down to 1/2 speed or watch season 3 twice when you get to it!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »
Okay, you guys have officially gotten my interest piqued enough that I started watching the series. Am just starting S1 and HOLY HELL IT'S ADDICTIVE! It's been a long time since I -haven't- watched most of the show in x2 speed (I have severe ADHD and most shows move too slowly for me so I increase the speed and read the subtitles).

So far I really really love Walter, he's so adorable. :D

Try watching it a little bit slower.  It gets really good in the later episodes/seasons!  I'm glad that you're enjoying it so far though.  ^_^  I really liked season one--it was a great start to introducing Peter, Olivia, and Walter.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Right now I'm only a couple of episodes left to finishing S1 of Fringe. So far it's been an awesome ride! I do so love massive conspiracy theories, blurring the lines between science and ethics and fast-paced thrillers. And now we have the implication of Alternate Universes - LOVE IT.

I'm panicking right now because I still have so many more series to catch up on for SDCC!! (Dr. Who, Grimm, Dexter) and I still have 3 more seasons to go!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Right now I'm only a couple of episodes left to finishing S1 of Fringe. So far it's been an awesome ride! I do so love massive conspiracy theories, blurring the lines between science and ethics and fast-paced thrillers. And now we have the implication of Alternate Universes - LOVE IT.

I'm panicking right now because I still have so many more series to catch up on for SDCC!! (Dr. Who, Grimm, Dexter) and I still have 3 more seasons to go!

I was a little skeptical of the alternate universe story line when they first introduced it, especially since it could potentially turn out to be either really good or really bad.  I still believe that out of all of the Fringe seasons so far, I didn't like season 3 that much because of the way characters and their doubles ended up interacting together.  I did enjoy season 4 though.

I love Walter's character.  He can be so far "out there," but he's still a genius scientist all at the same time.  If you go on the Fox website for the Fringe series, you can see some interviews with the cast members.  Some of them are really interesting!

*sighs* I'm a little sad that Fringe's next season will only have 13 episodes (and it'll be the last season)...

Offline Beowulf

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
I've tried getting into FRINGE several times, it just doesn't seem to keep my attention. Not sure what it is about the show, but it's hard to even make it through a whole episode for me, and I love watching tv/movies!

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:41 AM »
@Beowulf: I have a really short attention span but Fringe was one of the few shows that piqued my interest right from the beginning. Then again I've always had a predilection for fast-paced mystery thrillers with macro-conspiracies aplenty and SLIGHT bizarro science involved, so Fringe was everything I enjoyed in a show.

@Zero: Just finished S1 and asjdksalda!! What what WHAT. I love the AU implications so far and I can't wait to marathon my way to the end of S4, except I have to catch up on a s**tload of other shows hopefully before SDCC!! At the rate I'm going I'd be able to better appreciate the Fringe panel at least! :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
@Zero: Just finished S1 and asjdksalda!! What what WHAT. I love the AU implications so far and I can't wait to marathon my way to the end of S4, except I have to catch up on a s**tload of other shows hopefully before SDCC!! At the rate I'm going I'd be able to better appreciate the Fringe panel at least! :)

I really liked the last four episodes of season one of Fringe (season two's season finale--a two-parter--was really good too!).  ZFT, William Bell, and David Robert Jones...

There's one particular episode of season two that I thoroughly enjoyed--it's the one called "Peter."  ^_~
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:32:42 AM by Zero »