Author Topic: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019  (Read 45691 times)

Offline Femfunatic

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »
To anyone who's successfully gotten tickets for Funko Fundays: During the window of three hours when have they (in the past) posted the link?
This will be our first SDCC and hopefully our first Funko Funday!

Offline Gunnerjed

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2019, 12:55:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
To anyone who's successfully gotten tickets for Funko Fundays: During the window of three hours when have they (in the past) posted the link?

I’ve never tried but from what I’ve read last year was about 3 hours into the 4 hour window they gave. This heat it’s only a 3 hour window though. I suspect they’ll go later rather than sooner into the 3 hours as the whole point of it is to not have so many people all trying at once as they would have if they gave one specific time such as the start time they’ve given. Hope this helps

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 09:06:14 AM »

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2019, 03:41:10 AM »

PW has only been done once and it was 3 hours into a 4 hour window. That said; the windows been reduced to 3 hours this years so who knows. Hopefully early some people have jobs asking to carve out 3 hours mid day to monitor is obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Femfunatic

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2019, 08:44:41 AM »
Thanks for the help. good luck to everyone!    :)

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »
For those that were lucky enough to get from the Funatics board, do you remember if you were able to change the attendee name from the buyer? (ex. using parents cc info but having son/daughter attend?)

[member=2389]Mario Wario[/member] [member=268]Kevin Rutan[/member] [member=1542]lostninja[/member] [member=615]Miterin[/member] or anyone else who may have got in... any info would help.. thanks in advance!

Offline lolaswill

• Exhibit Hall
  • =) Feel free to PM me
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2019, 02:46:32 PM »
Waiting 3 hours was pretty harsh. I'm glad they shortened it.

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2019, 03:48:47 PM »
There is irony in the chilled atmosphere at my office today.  Perhaps a bit of parallelism with the calm before the storm of the general sale tomorrow?

Although I must say...the build-up to last year's general sale felt bigger -- much bigger.  That surely had to do with the fact it was a 20th Anniversary year coupled with the imminent release of Funko's documentary, 'Making Fun'.

Another distinction this year is that we had a full-on theme reveal prior to the general sale, whereas last year the Prom theme wasn't unveiled until just a few weeks prior to the event.  We then only received a week's notice about the epic Stranger Things tie-in (I still think about that coveted Gold Hopper, haha).

On that note, what are your thoughts on the Tiki theme?  Do you think that will translate into Tiki-themed Freddy's, or just be the theme of the decor/drinks/entertainment?  I am certainly intrigued by it!  I can totally see hula hoop contests, fire-dancing, hula dancing, etc.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »

On that note, what are your thoughts on the Tiki theme?  Do you think that will translate into Tiki-themed Freddy's, or just be the theme of the decor/drinks/entertainment?  I am certainly intrigued by it!  I can totally see hula hoop contests, fire-dancing, hula dancing, etc.

I'm excited! I think it's fun! I'm curious how it ties into the POPS!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2019, 04:25:14 PM »
For those that were lucky enough to get from the Funatics board, do you remember if you were able to change the attendee name from the buyer? (ex. using parents cc info but having son/daughter attend?)

[member=2389]Mario Wario[/member] [member=268]Kevin Rutan[/member] [member=1542]lostninja[/member] [member=615]Miterin[/member] or anyone else who may have got in... any info would help.. thanks in advance!

You cannot change them. The name on the ticket must match the name of the attendee per their rules. Also I find it a little odd that a twitter account with a similar name to yours  is doing some suspect fake eventbrite setups.

Offline parrity

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »

any info would help.. thanks in advance!

Nope, last year they asked me for my ID and the card I paid with at the door to verify. They also checked my +1's ID to make sure he hadn't bought tickets.

Apparently people last year somehow botted tickets and they were making sure they couldn't get in.

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »
It's been a couple of years since I'm gone for Funko tickets (and I've never actually succeeded in the years that I've tried), so apologies in advance for this ELI5 question:

Does every ticket come with a +1, or is that a separate ticket (and thus an additional charge) that one can purchase?

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2019, 05:10:15 PM »
It's been a couple of years since I'm gone for Funko tickets (and I've never actually succeeded in the years that I've tried), so apologies in advance for this ELI5 question:

Does every ticket come with a +1, or is that a separate ticket (and thus an additional charge) that one can purchase?
Additional charge sep ticket

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
You cannot change them. The name on the ticket must match the name of the attendee per their rules. Also I find it a little odd that a twitter account with a similar name to yours  is doing some suspect fake eventbrite setups.

What's a fake Eventbrite setup? You got my curiosity piqued.

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »
What's a fake Eventbrite setup? You got my curiosity piqued.

Someone took the time to photoshop a fundays poster to say fandays for some reason. Also changed the text in the description to be almost verbatim what funkos was. It’s just super sketchy.

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
Hey [member=4657]nootheroptions[/member] that is mine and those are just test events that I use to practice. I’m not sure how they were found though bc I don’t have followers and this account is solely used for me to practice. If the images are inappropriate bc of the likeliness, I will change that moving forward. Again, I’m being fully honest bc I’m not trying to screw anybody over, all I’m doing is trying to practice for tmro with as much detail as is think there would be tmro.