Author Topic: 15 Superheroes Who Deserve a Great Reboot  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
15 Superheroes Who Deserve a Great Reboot
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
Fun read:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Let's step it up a bit. Who do you think should be cast in the role? And what other franchises could use a reboot?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: 15 Superheroes Who Deserve a Great Reboot
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
It's an interesting list... but I'm guessing it's a matter of taste in some of these cases? If a Hollywood movie has been released in the last 10 years, I'm not sure it needs a 'reboot' to remain 'fresh'. That being said, sometimes a movie is bad enough that fans immediately wish for another version to be released... ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:45:36 AM »

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
  sometimes a movie is bad enough that fans immediately wish for another version to be released... ;)
Ha, so true, did anyone besides me see Dolph Lungrens Punisher flick? Wow, even as a big Frank Castle supporter, that was pretty bad  :o
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »
Ha, so true, did anyone besides me see Dolph Lungrens Punisher flick? Wow, even as a big Frank Castle supporter, that was pretty bad  :o

i vaguely remember it but then again, doesnt dolph lungren play nearly the exact same role in every movie that it gets difficult to determine which one is which unless you keep track of who he is avenging?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
the only memorable scene was Louis Gossett Jr yelling FRANK!!! FRANK!!!! I didn't even watch the latest one, Castle looked old in the trailers, guess I should see it someday
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:07:16 AM »
I saw it.  Don't remember it, but I saw it.  :)

Offline Beowulf

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »
What if??-  Aquaman saves the group of people stuck in the submarine on the ocean floor in "The Last Resort" show? haha

I could go for a sequel to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Green Lantern could be cool if they introduce a few other characters into the movie. Reynolds wasn't great, but he'll do with the right supporting actors. I enjoyed the first Fantastic Four, but the second was pretty slow & dul for an action movie. No more of those needed either IMO.

Other than that I'd say Punisher has had enough chances. Blade was already a fairly successful few movies, and with all the vampire stuff out there already, we really don't need another.

NO to -Rocketeer, Catwoman, Elektra, Shadow & the others!

I'd rather see some new innovation instead of new versions of old movies. Especially if they aren't going to top the original!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
What if??-  Aquaman saves the group of people stuck in the submarine on the ocean floor in "The Last Resort" show? haha

ROFL! I love it!!!!!!

Offline TrustNo1

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
Honestly one of my favorite characters is the Silver Surfer and I was kinda bummed when they just made him a side character in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie... it would be nice to see him get his own movie... I like how he's so dramatic and almost Shakespearean in the older comics... althought that might not go over so well with audiences now, lol.... 8)
Also, am I the only one who could see Michelle Rodriguez playing Wonder Woman? She could kick AZZ unlike most of the Hollywood actresses today...

Offline Beowulf

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »
Honestly one of my favorite characters is the Silver Surfer and I was kinda bummed when they just made him a side character in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie... it would be nice to see him get his own movie... I like how he's so dramatic and almost Shakespearean in the older comics... althought that might not go over so well with audiences now, lol.... 8)
Also, am I the only one who could see Michelle Rodriguez playing Wonder Woman? She could kick AZZ unlike most of the Hollywood actresses today...

I totally agree! I was so looking forward to the Silver Surfer in FF2, but was disappointed with the movie overall. The SS character wasn't bad, they just didn't do enough with it.

Not sure on Michelle Rodriguez as Wonder Woman, but I would love to see Eureka's Erica Cerra play the part! ;) She kicks butt & looks great doing it!

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
I was far more agast at what that movie did to Galactus. Turning one of the best villians in the Marvel universe into a giant cloud is inexcusable (I really don't want to hear about the Ultimate Marvel universe either, the majority of that is garbage.)
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper