Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration  (Read 24247 times)

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
This is the first year they've combined Trade & Creative, which may impact the sale date for this round.

It does seem like they have been doing a lot of "Open Registration" and Member ID reminders lately, so it could be that Open Reg is next on the calendar.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 06:35:44 PM »
From Member ID Notices tab and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic-Con 2019 Professional Registration

Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration will open soon! All NOT DUE professionals are guaranteed a badge for Comic-Con 2019. You must register your badge online while professional badge registration is open, but there is no need to rush! For Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration there will be no waiting room, and each professional’s allotment of badges and guest badges is guaranteed until May 6, 2019. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for important badge registration instructions.

Comic-Con 2019 Professional Badge Registration

Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration will open soon! If you have been approved as a professional for Comic-Con 2019, or if your professional verification status is NOT DUE, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to register once online professional badge registration opens. Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration will close on May 6, 2019.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Professional Registration Info

Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration opens soon! All NOT DUE professionals are guaranteed a badge for Comic-Con 2019, but you must register online during the professional online registration period. Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration closes on May 6, 2019.

Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration will not have a waiting room! Instead, all professionals will receive guaranteed individual allotments and pricing for their badge and guest badge(s). For your convenience, we will send you a notification to the email address associated with your Comic-Con Member ID account when registration opens. At that time, you may log in to your Member ID account and select the “Professionals” tab for your personalized allotments. Your personal allotment of guest badges will be guaranteed for the duration of badge registration, and will not be on a first-come, first-served basis! Please note that you must register before Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration closes on May 6, 2019.

TO REGISTER FOR COMIC-CON 2019 PROFESSIONAL BADGES WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

• All professional guests (paid or complimentary) must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. You will not be able to register a guest without entering their Member ID.

• To register a guest, you will need their Member ID, first, and last name. You do not need their Member ID password.

• Log in to your Member ID account and select the “Professionals” tab to find your personal allotment, registration code, and direct link to online registration.

• Click the direct link in your Member ID account to visit badge registration. You will need your LAST NAME, registration code, and Member ID to log in. You do not need your password. You will also need the last name and Member ID for all guests you wish to register.

• You will be directed to select between two options: “I am registering only myself” or “I am registering myself and my guest(s)”.

• If you choose to register guests, you will need to enter their first and last name, and their Member ID before selecting the “validate” button.

• If you choose to only register yourself at this time, you may return at a later time within the registration period to add your guests. Please note that you must register before registration closes on May 6, 2019.

• Once guest Member IDs are validated, you will need to enter your payment information.

• As the costs of badge production have risen, each paid order will now be subject to a $7.50 handling fee. This will be added regardless of the number of badges in your order, and regardless of the final total at checkout.

• Children age 12 and under are free with a professional badge and do not count toward your guest limit. Child badges must be registered onsite.

PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION CODES:

You will need your unique professional registration code to enter the badge registration system. Your registration code can be found on the "Professionals" tab in your Comic-Con Member ID account when registration opens. Remember, there is no need to rush when you receive your email! Eligible professionals can register for badges at any time during the registration period. Comic-Con 2019 professional badge registration closes on May 6, 2019.

Do not share your professional registration code! Your registration code belongs to you, and will authorize one browser and one device only.

IMPORTANT BROWSER SETTINGS:

The online badge registration system has been tested on the following browsers. We cannot guarantee your results should you use a browser not listed below:

Firefox: Any Version

Edge: Any Version

Google Chrome: Any Version

Internet Explorer: Version 11 or later

Safari: Version 7 or later

MOBILE DEVICES:

The registration system is not formatted for iPads, tablets, or mobile devices. Although mobile devices have been tested and can be used to register for a badge during professional registration, Comic-Con International is unable to guarantee that the registration system will behave as expected using a mobile device.

THE FINE PRINT:

While Comic-Con International has made every effort to make the badge registration experience easy for everyone, it is possible that problems outside of our control could result in the system not working as planned. The possibility exists that anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software may aggressively block browser cookies, JavaScript, or other operations of modern web applications. It is also possible that user error, specific hardware problems, local ISP issues, or simply the extremely high level of demand beyond our control may result in your computer and/or browser not behaving as described above. While Comic-Con International has done extensive testing, we make no guarantees that your efforts will result in a successful badge registration regardless of when you enter the process. Please contact [email protected] if you experience any issues.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:31:41 PM »

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 06:47:25 PM »
Wow, interesting change for guest badge process!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
So, if I read that correctly, it sounds like complimentary badges are randomly assigned to pros prior to registration.  If you're lucky enough, you're guaranteed your allotment no matter when you sign in and register.  It is an interesting change.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »
It is an interesting change.

And a welcome one too

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
I really hope this is done before Open Reg in case Guest Badges run out!

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »
I like this part: If you choose to only register yourself at this time, you may return at a later time within the registration period to add your guests. Please note that you must register before registration closes on May 6, 2019.

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
So, I feel better about getting a pro badge now.

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »
BIG question remains: what does "individual allotment" mean?

Who gets a free pro-badge? Who gets a free guest badge? Who gets a paid guest badge? Are these randomly assigned -or- tied to type of professional. I know that they combined some pro categories. Wondering if Educator Professionals have different benefits than other pros.

Happy to have joined the ranks of Pro this year! Wondering where it will lead me in regards to Comic Con registrations.

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 02:03:37 PM »
BIG question remains: what does "individual allotment" mean?

Who gets a free pro-badge? Who gets a free guest badge? Who gets a paid guest badge? Are these randomly assigned -or- tied to type of professional.

No one knows yet. This "individual allotment" is all brand new for this year.

Offline littlebrisby

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »
hi! I sent my verification materials the very last day, and I just got my professional status approval email :3 I must have been the very last one for sure

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
hi! I sent my verification materials the very last day, and I just got my professional status approval email :3 I must have been the very last one for sure

Congrats!

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 11:31:39 AM »
It's very non-ideal that they haven't disclosed whether or not professional's can get their guest badges when general registration is coming up.

Do the intended guests just try for general reg as a safety blanket?

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
Was hoping pro info would be out prior to Open Reg. I have people asking and I really have no answer other than they should all be online 11/10.

Hoping maybe we get info before the sale since so much of the new system is up in the air.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
I wish open reg would be after Pro-Reg - Should I try for Open reg and maybe only get one day or hope that the Pro-Reg Guest Pass allotment comes through with a guaranteed 4day + Preview nite.

I am just worried that if I go with Open Reg and only get one day that I will be locked out of trying to get a Guest Pro Badge.

I sent this question to Comic-con via their contact form - waiting for a response:

Hello - Will Pro-Guest Badge allocations be provided before Open Reg? It would be great to know to determine whether some may not need to go through Open Reg and risk only getting one or two days that may be able to get an all-days badge through Pro Reg as a guest. If someone does go through open reg and go just one or two days but later finds out if they would be able to get a Pro Guest badge instead would they be shut out of getting the Pro Guest Badge because they already purchased a badge through open registration? Thanks for any info you can provide.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:38:01 AM by RSilvaConFan »