Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50364 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2016, 03:24:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have more registration codes than devices.  I know that previously you could use one device and use two different browsers with 2 different registration codes.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?  I did watch the instructional video but it stated your registration code is good for only one device and one browser. It did not address if you had more than one code with only one device.  Any advice will be helpful  :)

The Toucan heard you  :)

3. Will you need multiple computers to register a family of four?

No, we don’t expect you all to have an unlimited supply of MacBooks at your fingertips! If you have a family of four with four unique registration codes, simply open four separate browsers on your device and enter one registration code per browser. It goes a little something like this …

1. Open Safari (or another browser of choice). Click the link in your email to access the EPIC landing page. Enter your first registration code on the landing page and authorize that browser to enter the waiting room.

2. Open Google Chrome on the same computer. Repeat the steps above and enter your second registration code on the landing page to authorize this browser to enter the waiting room.

3. Open Firefox and Internet Explorer on the same computer and repeat the steps above for the third and fourth registration codes.

Viola! You are on your way to registering your fantastic party of four.  Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be selected for a registration session. It is possible that none of your waiting room entries will be selected.

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »

No, we don’t expect you all to have an unlimited supply of MacBooks at your fingertips! If you have a family of four with four unique registration codes, simply open four separate browsers on your device and enter one registration code per browser. It goes a little something like this …

1. Open Safari (or another browser of choice). Click the link in your email to access the EPIC landing page. Enter your first registration code on the landing page and authorize that browser to enter the waiting room.

2. Open Google Chrome on the same computer. Repeat the steps above and enter your second registration code on the landing page to authorize this browser to enter the waiting room.

3. Open Firefox and Internet Explorer on the same computer and repeat the steps above for the third and fourth registration codes.

Viola! You are on your way to registering your fantastic party of four.  Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be selected for a registration session. It is possible that none of your waiting room entries will be selected.
Thank you AzT!!!  I can breathe a little easier tonight

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 07:03:15 PM »

Offline LaDracul

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »
So it's one device per code? Just wanting to make sure.
Going to C2E2 and SDCC

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »
Wishing everyone luck tomorrow.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »
Does anyone know if chrome vs chrome incognito mode counts as two separate browsers?

Devorah's correct :) not to risk it ->

- Do not use “Private Browsing” during your waiting room or registration session. Some private browsing applications disable cookies and can cause major technical issues.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »

Viola? Really? Aargh. I try to give spelling errors a pass but ones like this drive me crazy!!! A viola is a string instrument. Voila is a French exclamation expressing "there it is". Ugh.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
For anyone wanting to do a browser check before the badge sale tomorrow, simply click the link in your registration email message.

When you land on the Open Registration page, the next to last paragraph contains a link to check your browser settings.  Never hurts to make sure that Java is installed and functioning normally while you have time to fix it.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Thanks for the tip [member=5411]trekster[/member]!

Offline codeviolet

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
I used Chrome Incognito and it passed the browser test....I'm with everyone else in that I don't want to take any risks I don't have to... but I might have to XD

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

No, you can use on device and open multiple browsers.   Each browser will need it's own unique login code

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »

If you only have one browser installed, the landing page won't let you open two tabs of the same browser.  One tab will boot out the other.

If you have two different browsers installed, you need two different registration codes.  Those twodifferent browsers can be on the same device.

You'd have to keep an eye on the two browsers, because...

Either way, test all your browsers, bookmark the landing page on each browser, and have your code printed out or ready to copy and paste!

See the post by [member=2163]AzT[/member]

No, we donÂ’t expect you all to have an unlimited supply of MacBooks at your fingertips! If you have a family of four with four unique registration codes, simply open four separate browsers on your device and enter one registration code per browser. It goes a little something like this Â…

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »
I used Chrome Incognito and it passed the browser test....I'm with everyone else in that I don't want to take any risks I don't have to... but I might have to XD

I keep getting the cookie failure link.  I'll figure it out, I'm sure.  Just reporting my computer hates me. :)

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
I keep getting the cookie failure link.  I'll figure it out, I'm sure.  Just reporting my computer hates me. :)
Try the incognito mode on a different browser like Firefox or IE. Does the same thing happen?

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
Lucked out and tomorrow will be primarily a research day. So I should be able to micromanage my group through the sale.

Of course, today at work was so unbelievably stressful I kind of just want to cry... and now I'm attempting to do the last organizing for Gen Reg. It's going to be time for xanax soon.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2016, 06:44:24 PM »
Try the incognito mode on a different browser like Firefox or IE. Does the same thing happen?

Thank you, not only did Firefox work but when I went back to try Chrome again, it worked.  So, maybe it's just a flaky internet day for me or something?  I'll probably have both open just in case.  Thanks again!

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2016, 08:11:38 PM »
Thank you, not only did Firefox work but when I went back to try Chrome again, it worked.  So, maybe it's just a flaky internet day for me or something?  I'll probably have both open just in case.  Thanks again!
Glad it worked out for you. I've heard of people using both normal and incognito mode on multiple browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE -- all at the same time. Sounds awfully risky, but hey, whatever works for them!