Author Topic: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?  (Read 20126 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Speculation that Zoom will be used is relevant because Zoom is probably the most common program currently to get groups of people to meet remotely. If none of the panels end up using Zoom to record, please feel free to tell me "I told you so" after SDCC@home.

The source doesn't matter.  It's being broadcast through youtube.  As I already pointed out, when it's bounced off of youtube the source is obfuscated.  How will any troublemaker be able to ID and thus connect to the Zoom meeting to cause trouble?  IP cams are notoriously easy to hack since many people don't change the default password.  Does that mean that a live youtube stream sourced from an IP cam is easy to hack into?  No.  Youtube doesn't give out the IP address of the source cam.  Youtube doesn't give out the ID of the Zoom meeting.  So unless the IP cam streamer makes the title of the youtube stream the IP address of his camera, no one is finding it through the youtube live stream.  Similarly, unless a Zoom meeting streamed through youtube makes the title the ID or URL of the Zoom meeting, how will anyone watching it on youtube find the Zoom meeting?  If you can't find the meeting, you can't cause trouble.

The cases you brought up of problems on Zoom were because the Zoom meeting was well known and thus easy to find.  Finding the source of a stream on youtube is not.  A troublemaker would be better off trying to hack the youtube account.  Then they could do anything to the live stream or any recording for that matter.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »
shoutfactorytv Pop culture fans rejoice! Although the traditional San Diego Comic-Con will not be held this year, Shout! Factory is pleased to announce it will be participating in the convention’s official virtual event, Comic-Con@Home, as well as programming supplementary content for the company’s streaming channel, Shout! Factory TV. Stay tuned for more information!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #107 on: Today at 10:20:35 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2020, 01:12:23 PM »

IGN is exclusively collaborating with San Diego Comic-Con to bring you Comic-Con@Home on IGN Live from July 22-26! We'll bring you a selection of livestreamed panels and screen our own exclusive content all week long. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2020, 01:17:22 PM »

IGN comes through with live panels!  Those I will watch as they happen.  The recorded ones I'll watch whenever there is nothing else to watch.  That is if they are going to stay on youtube for at least a while.  CCI isn't going to one and done them are they?

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »
The source doesn't matter.  It's being broadcast through youtube.  As I already pointed out, when it's bounced off of youtube the source is obfuscated. 

And I already pointed out why the source does matter even though the final broadcast is through YouTube. People see what happens on the conference.

How will any troublemaker be able to ID and thus connect to the Zoom meeting to cause trouble?  IP cams are notoriously easy to hack since many people don't change the default password.  Does that mean that a live youtube stream sourced from an IP cam is easy to hack into?  No.  Youtube doesn't give out the IP address of the source cam.  Youtube doesn't give out the ID of the Zoom meeting.  So unless the IP cam streamer makes the title of the youtube stream the IP address of his camera, no one is finding it through the youtube live stream.  Similarly, unless a Zoom meeting streamed through youtube makes the title the ID or URL of the Zoom meeting, how will anyone watching it on youtube find the Zoom meeting?  If you can't find the meeting, you can't cause trouble.

The cases you brought up of problems on Zoom were because the Zoom meeting was well known and thus easy to find.  Finding the source of a stream on youtube is not.  A troublemaker would be better off trying to hack the youtube account.  Then they could do anything to the live stream or any recording for that matter.

Didn’t say it was easy for a troublemaker to get the Zoom ID. Just said it was possible. It probably wouldn’t be a random person who’s watching the stream. It could be someone that somehow gets ahold of the ID while it’s being shared between panelists. Most likely they’d take measures to prevent this. But it’s a possibility however small. If prerecorded, it’s not a possibility.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2020, 01:20:46 AM »
If prerecorded, it’s not a possibility.

It is a possibility.  As I described in my last post, a troublemaker might be better off trying to hack the youtube account.  If they do that, they can swap out any prerecorded video for any other video of their choice.  Youtube accounts get hacked all the time.  Whether they have 10 subscribers or 1,000,000.  There's a cottage blackmarket industry of hacking, stealing and then selling youtube assets.  So it's entirely possible that precorded videos can be tapered with.

Either live or prerecorded there are risks.  But these risks are so infinitesimal, that it shouldn't sway any behavior.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:24:17 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »

Here is programming for Friday, July 24, 2020, for Comic-Con International. All times listed are PDT.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2020, 12:44:15 PM »

thoughtbubblefestival Even more news! We are so excited and honoured to have our own panel as part of @comic_con‘s #ComicConAtHome incredible programming. 🌟Thought Bubble & Comic-Con@Home: Tula Lotay in Conversation 🌟 Friday 24 July - 8:00pm BST / 12:00pm PST Join Laura Jones and our own Lisa Wood (aka @tulalotay) in conversation as part of #comicconathome. They talk about starting in the industry, how and why Thought Bubble was created, and about the Comic-Con International team-up!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2020, 01:43:35 PM »
Looking forward to all of the TWD panels on Friday!

I am guessing a lot of people here will be tuning into the Zoom session with Joss Whedon?

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »
Looking forward to all of the TWD panels on Friday!

I am guessing a lot of people here will be tuning into the Zoom session with Joss Whedon?

Joss?   Ummm,....yea! :D
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »

Here is programming for Saturday, July 25, 2020, for Comic-Con International. All times listed are PDT.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2020, 03:30:45 PM »
Con: See above. You ever park yourself in Hall H or Ballroom 20 for a day mostly to get a good seat and wait for a panel that comes on later in the afternoon. At first, you groan over the prospect of putting up with uninteresting panels. And then comes that one panel you otherwise probably wouldn't have seen and it actually sounds interesting. The cast seems cool. You decide to give it a try and suddenly you have another must see show. Probably going to happen much less this year.

Ah...  The Hidden Gems :-* :-*
My first one was the "Sponge Bob Square Pants" Panel in 2015 (My first year).  I was actually waiting for the 'A Person of Interest' Panel in 6AB.  Sponge Bob was before it.  It was absolutely HYSTERICAL!!!  Every year I've encountered a hidden gem.

My own personal feeling about the On-Line panels is...eh.  Live or Recorded, it's definitely not even close to actually being there.  So, I'm not excited at all by any of this.  sorry guys...   :( :(
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2020, 09:31:57 AM »

Here is programming for Sunday, July 26, 2020, for Comic-Con International. All times listed are PDT.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
hey guys, i got a question i'd like folk's feedback on.

should we(the forum) do a breakout of the programing per day? iow, set up Thurs/fri/sat/sun threads so everyone cn chat during the set up and con?

I have not been following this so am wondering if we'll actually be able to get into the panels, logistics etc all. BUT i am very behind the curve on this con! LOL
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »
No Starship Smackdown on Sunday :(