Author Topic: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?  (Read 20077 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2020, 09:20:15 PM »
sdcc.2020 It wouldn’t be #ComicConAtHome without an Art Show! Join us tomorrow, July 22, on @tumblr for our virtual art show where you can explore the artwork of dozens of featured artists from home. Links to artist shops are provided, so be sure to grab a memento! Find us on Tumblr @ comicconathome #SDCC2020

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2020, 12:58:14 AM »

Welcome to Amazon Virtual-Con! A digital experience that celebrates superfans and amplifies the spirit of Comic-Con@Home. Join us for a curated virtual event that brings together the best content, comics, cosplay, gaming, experiences and more from across various Amazon brands and platforms. The schedule will consist of a mix of live content, scheduled events and evergreen experiences. The full schedule will go live at 12AM PST the morning of July 23.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 06:21:35 AM »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2020, 01:14:16 AM »
It's a nice video... but it just makes me sad for everything we have lost. When people talk about the 'new normal' I am sometimes afraid that we will never have it again. This video brought on that depressing feeling.

I hope that the video is right and that we will be back in San Diego next year. I miss all of you!

These are my exact feelings..

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2020, 07:45:20 AM »
It's a nice video... but it just makes me sad for everything we have lost. When people talk about the 'new normal' I am sometimes afraid that we will never have it again. This video brought on that depressing feeling.

I hope that the video is right and that we will be back in San Diego next year. I miss all of you!

I miss you too!!!

There have been pandemics in the past, and we have recovered.  We'll recover from this one.

We WILL be together again next year!  Have Faith!   :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:12:53 AM by sessionka »
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2020, 10:50:10 AM »
I miss you too!!!

There have been pandemics in the past, and we have recovered.  We'll recover from this one.

We WILL be together again next year!  Have Faith!   :)

Thanks! *hugs*  I generally try to keep a positive attitude, but with the way this thing is stretching out, sometimes it is tough. The video brought on those depressing feelings I normally try to keep under control.

But we do have panels for the next few days that should get my spirits up again!

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2020, 12:46:08 PM »

Listen, young'un.  We are going to get it all back.  All of it.  Concerts, movies, sporting events, comic book conventions ... we ARE going to go to comic-con again.  Maybe not this year, but we ARE going back.  I know it.  It's going to happen.

I'm 61 years old.  I have maybe 20 or 30 years left.  And I'm not going to live the rest of my life like this.  No way.  Ain't happening.

Hang in there.  Before you know it, we'll be raising glasses and making a toast.  To the end of the pandemic, and the beginning of getting our lives back.

As someone we all knew and loved once said: "Excelsior!"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:19:57 PM by SDcomics »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:57:13 PM by AzT »

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »

Very, very cool.  I'll have to drive down there and take a look.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
Less than 2 hours to go before the panels start.  I hope everyone has their badges ready.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »

You're Invited To ComicBook At Comic-Con 2020 - A Live-Stream Aftershow

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2020, 11:11:17 AM »
IGN live stream for Thursday (it's listed on the YouTube page) Just used the spoiler to make it a smaller post. They live stream the official panels and add in their interviews, etc. in between. Gives it a nice feel.

Comic-Con@Home Schedule in PT (Pacific Time):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Ang

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2020, 08:16:04 AM »
When are they showing the masquerade?  I can't find it on the schedule.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
When are they showing the masquerade?  I can't find it on the schedule.

Here ya go!  Got this from the SDCC newsletter:

The link from the Comic-Con@Home main page to the Masquerade tumblr site went live yesterday and remains active through the convention and for a time after. Tumblr accounts are free and easy to set up and use, and all entries can be viewed on the Comic-Con@Home Virtual Masquerade page on tumblr. Later today the winners will be announced on the Comic-Con@Home website and also across the Comic-Con social media platforms, but if you miss it there, we’ll have the results and pictures in tomorrow’s Newsletter.

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

According to Comic-Con Spokesperson/Chief Communications and Strategy Officer David Glanzer, the process of transitioning the event to an online forum held out as long as possible. As stay-at-home orders were implemented across the country, the event was hopeful they’d have to make some modifications but could still hold a physical Comic-Con. This explains why, to fans and others who go to Comic-Con, they seemed slower to announce a virtual event in comparison to other big comic conventions like Wizard World.

“The thought of an online version began shortly after the governor of California said something to the effect that he couldn’t imagine concerts or large gatherings at least until August,” Glanzer said. “It was a heartbreaking realization and it took a little time to digest that. But almost immediately we thought two things, a) is an online version possible? and b) if so, how do we make it happen?”

Comic-Con isn’t just a place to indulge in genre fare like comic books. In the last decade it’s become a major marketing tool for films and television shows to showcase their upcoming features. It’s one element fans are certainly missing with this festival. The majority of the panels are pre-recorded via Zoom, leaving no audience Q&As or a way for fans and talent to come together. Much of the online experience people are seeing this weekend is the result of working in uncharted territory in a short amount of time, according to Glanzer.

And while SDCC is, at the moment, set to return in its physical form next year many questions remain. As Glanzer says, “No in-depth discussions have taken place regarding during an entire online event next year” but he is open to the possibility of doing more with an online component in some form going forward. He says they will be looking at social media response and emails to judge the success of this year’s event and where things could turn going forward.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »

Very, very cool.  I'll have to drive down there and take a look.

I loved when the shrine got created.  The folks who started it, and I mean this in the nicest most complimentary way, are absolute lunatics and geniuses for creating it.  :)