Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveaway Round 2 - Friday 10/4/13  (Read 27758 times)

Offline BigJoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveaway Round 2 - Friday 10/4/13
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »
When and where did Brian declare that there would be no Walking Dead signing please?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
I asked him via Twitter about who would be there for Teen Wolf and he added that there would be no TWD signing.

Brian Stephenson ‏@briansteez 15h

@SDCCnerdsattack We also got some bad news today. Looks like the walking dead cast are not going to do a signing unfortunately.

I asked if he knew why and said it was an AMC decision.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 08:05:29 AM »
Yes. There will be no walking dead signing at NYCC this year. We wanted to make it happen but ultimately AMC decided that they didn't want to move forward with it. It is a bummer but these things happen sometimes and I'm sure that there were some legit reasons for AMC not doing it. My guess is that their schedule is extremely tight and that they are running in for the panel and then right back out of the building.

If Marvel is doing a signing it will take place in their booth and they will handle how tickets are given out.

On the autographing front we are supposed to find out who from Teen Wolf is attending very shortly and we will let you know as soon as we do. We are also adding in all of the forfeit autograph tickets from round 1 so everyone will have another shot at Person of interest, robot chicken, etc. There weren't many that were forfeit but there were some so we are adding those into round 2.

If you are a winner in round 2 you will receive an e-mail from us with specific instructions and you must respond back to us with the required info. We are making some small tweaks to make everything a bit clearer this time around. Good luck to everyone!

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
displeased. As a UA VIP ticket holder I do have some level of expectations and I think that is something that should not occur.

There are a lot of great things but this highly upsets me. If they are on the badges, have the best panel timeslot, and as heavily promoted as they are, they should be forced to sign for 50 fans. They can take an hour.

Yes, thanks for the info Brian. I am sure you pushed heavily
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:13:09 AM by mllNY »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
Thanks again for all the info Brian!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »
The #TeenWolf panel at this year's @NY_Comic_Con will be Jeff Davis, @dylanobrien and @lindenashby! It's a Stilinski family affair!

Offline MissyC

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
Bummer about TWD but I understand these things happen   :(

Brian, is there any chance of a meet and greet w/Archer??  I would love to meet the cast!

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
"displeased. As a UA VIP ticket holder I do have some level of expectations and I think that is something that should not occur.

There are a lot of great things but this highly upsets me. If they are on the badges, have the best panel timeslot, and as heavily promoted as they are, they should be forced to sign for 50 fans. They can take an hour."

I'm not sure what being a UA VIP ticket holder has to do with the signing. Your UA VIP pass will get you reserved seating for their panel but it did not guarantee you a signing. You would have been in the same random raffle for WD autograph tickets as everyone else so being a UA VIP holder really wouldn't benefit you in any way for a walking dead signing. Furthermore, we can't force any guest to do something they or their studio don't want them to do. There are tons of huge panels at SDCC that do not have signings attached to them. I'm sure that AMC had some very good reasons for not doing a signing this year. Yes it is a bummer and we wanted it to happen but unfortunately sometimes these things are out of our hands.

Missy...I'm not sure if there will be a signing with the archer cast. I will check with our content team and let you know. Thanks!

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure what being a UA VIP ticket holder has to do with the signing. Your UA VIP pass will get you reserved seating for their panel but it did not guarantee you a signing. You would have been in the same random raffle for WD autograph tickets as everyone else so being a UA VIP holder really wouldn't benefit you in any way for a walking dead signing. Furthermore, we can't force any guest to do something they or their studio don't want them to do. There are tons of huge panels at SDCC that do not have signings attached to them. I'm sure that AMC had some very good reasons for not doing a signing this year. Yes it is a bummer and we wanted it to happen but unfortunately sometimes these things are out of our hands.

Hey Brian,

I fully I understand that there was no guarantee of getting an autograph ticket regardless of pass level. That said when people do place a lot of money into the tickets, such as the VIP tickets, part of the expectations is for the show runners to bring the content you as the show attendee feels is worth paying extra for. In my opinion, one of my expectations was to see TWD doing a cast signing regardless of whether or not I got a ticket. If they were there and I did not get a signing pass ok fine but there is not even the possibility now of getting a signature, and that is where my displeasure comes from.

Also I should not have said forced them to sign, what I was getting at in an uneloquent fashion was that it really should have been made part of the contract for them to do a signing, considering how heavily they are being promoted.

I understand you guys did a great job for the show, and I really do not mean to create tension, especially as we have met and hung out at the NYCC events and you are a cool guy, but for once we will just have to disagree on this.  I did not mean any hard feelings between  us, but I am a bit upset about this news.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:44:52 PM by mllNY »

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
I admit I am NOT happy about the news of no autographs/pics/etc. with TWD cast, especially seeing that they made the time to do so at SDCC. But us East coasters who weren't able to make it to that miss out...and that sucks that AMC has made this decision, that's all I can say.

Bet they won't be able to discuss season 4 all that much on their Q&A panel either, just judging by how they've handled appearances of cast members at other Cons I've attended this year. That was also AMC's decision. In fact at one Con at Norman Reedus' Q&A no one was even allowed to ask about the show AT ALL. Nothing about past seasons, even. We were only allowed to ask him about his other roles in other shows, movies, etc. And none of the cast at that Con was allowed to appear at the same Q&A -- they all had to have their own separate sessions. Also dictated by the network.

So to say I'm not happy with how AMC's handing cast appearances this year is an understatement. Yes, I know...at least they're allowed to be guests at Cons at all. But still....  :-\  :(

Thanks, Brian, for letting us know. I'm sure you tried your best.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
well then you will be happy at the panel, this is a licensed AMC TWD panel. They will be discussing the show, likely will have a clip of the new season or opening scene of the new season (last year they did).

They can talk about TWD here

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
Wow, the info about the other conventions is really interesting.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »
Wow, the info about the other conventions is really interesting.

it is true at Wizard World they are not allowed to discuss. But lets get back to the topic of giveaway 2.

One final note, I did have a job interview today so was a bit on edge from my earlier post and may have spouted my first post without a reread

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »
I'm looking forward to Teen Wolf now, knowing who's going to be there. Fingers crossed for that one!

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »
well then you will be happy at the panel, this is a licensed AMC TWD panel. They will be discussing the show, likely will have a clip of the new season or opening scene of the new season (last year they did).

They can talk about TWD here

Thank goodness!! I was half hoping we'd get a clip from S4 that hasn't aired yet, since the premiere after all is Sunday the 13th.  It would be even neater if there was a special airing of the first episode at the Con.  ;D Hey...I can dream. But even the first 15 minutes of the show would be a treat.

Wondering now who will be included in Round 3. Maybe there will still be someone I'll want to see......