Author Topic: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives  (Read 26621 times)

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
Re: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2018, 03:28:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's kind of rude to say to someone you don't know. I'm not a flipper. Originally I brought these in order to trade to get funko pops. However, the pops I want are sold out. So I'm trying to sell these at face value before I leave tomorrow since these items I don't need!

My apologies. Just needed farther explaination. Selling products for profits are really frown upon around these parts.

It will also get you a quicker response to what you are trying accomplish. Hope you get a response soon.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2018, 07:18:54 AM »
Quote from: kohyuta ilink=topic=8983.msg253548#msg253548 date=1532246388
Didn’t Hasbro include tax in their prices?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 03:52:06 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »
Hasbro Porg set and MLP sold out.  No line to enter.

Transformers card back in stock.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:18:33 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2018, 12:11:00 PM »
MTG, Transformers card sold out

Offline litex2x

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »
So I have curious question. I didn't win the online lottery and thought I was screwed this year. Fortunately I bought what I wanted just by walking in Thursday afternoon. It seems like most of their items did not sell out. Were their items this year not popular or something? I remember a few years ago anything Star Wars was unobtainable without camping or going through a re-seller.

Offline flyt2b0ston

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »
So I have curious question. I didn't win the online lottery and thought I was screwed this year. Fortunately I bought what I wanted just by walking in Thursday afternoon. It seems like most of their items did not sell out. Were their items this year not popular or something? I remember a few years ago anything Star Wars was unobtainable without camping or going through a re-seller.

I'm usually into the star wars exclusives and sometimes the transformers exclusives but I didn't find any of them particularly interesting or cool this year, hopefully next year.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
It’s interesting that the sell outs were the Bumblebee Razor scooter, MLP set, Transformers card game and Forces of Destiny Chewie and Porg.  Most of these being kid targeted items. 

Also, even within their fandoms, the Bumblebee movie set, the Optimus Primal,
the Dr. Aphra and droids and even the Netflix Defenders set were all niche items.   A lot of Transformers collectors aren’t into the movie toys or Beast Wars.   A lot of Star Wars collectors aren’t familiar with Dr. Aphra as she is featured in recent comics and no other medium.  A lot of Marvel collectors aren’t into MCU or Marvel tv figures ( believe it or not).   So you have a bunch of items that don’t necessarily have universal appeal in their respective fandoms to say nothing of more casual minded fans. 

Definitely hurting the cause is that most of these will be available at retail, albeit in different pacakages or different colors.   Red Skull will be at retail without the Tessaract.   Most of the Defenders are available already but in different costumes.  Optimus Primal will be released in different colors. 

Yet another thing is that Star Wars collecting isn’t what it used to be.   Not only have a lot of long time collectors dropped out of the game but Hasbro themselves release less product.   What they displayed and revealed at SDCC seems but a fraction of what they would have had 5+ years ago. 

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »
Reason why the Hasbro line seemed shorter and more manageable is due its lackluster offerings.  In addition participating in the lottery, there was a standby line for confirmation not redeemed from the designated time slot.  On Saturday, Hasbro offered its exclusives to general attendees.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
They opened late Thursday afternoon (see above posts) to general attendees.  One big drawback, the Hasbro booth did require an ID match your badge at the counter, even on Sunday with no line.  I think they also had more stock than last year.  Either way, gonna be a good online sale.  I liked the baby porgs idea.  There was a rumor that Han and Leia may be in a future set, so maybe people didn't want to buy him again.  That just adds to the lackluster idea.

Did anyone find the Transformers Card game at the booth on Friday or Saturday?  Was back in stock on Sunday, fo a small bit of time.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
I went Saturday not too long after WB panel let out and they said they had Transformers cards back in stock. I was only there for Dr. Aphra and the workers were like are you sure that’s all you want? Yes. We have these Transformers cards back in stock. No thank you. All you want is Dr Aphra? Yes.

I think the one comment was right about some items being niche and not much crossover. I normally don’t do Hasbro but since there was literally no line when I walked up and I love the Dr Aphra comics I decided to buy her because as of now it’s really the only merch for that book/character available. I would take a guess at there being a lot of people like me only going up and getting one or two items, if anything even catches their eye in the first place.

They also still did the id check and stamped my badge even with no line (I was the only person the whole time of my transaction and walking through the snake) and what looked like tons of things still in stock.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »
I only bought 3 items from Hasbro - Aphra and her droids, Optimus Primal and then because they were sold out, on a Saturday transaction, one MLP ‘83 set.  Although I do collect Marvel Legends, passed on both offerings for various reasons. 

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2018, 10:42:44 AM »
edit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
looks like they (Regular and SDCC versions) were available to order on PN

It’s interesting that the sell outs were the Bumblebee Razor scooter, MLP set, Transformers card game and Forces of Destiny Chewie and Porg.  Most of these being kid targeted items. 

The Razor is was up.  I'm sure they said not at HTS but only at the Razor store, for those that didn't go.

Regular Version link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Shipped and Sold by Logo
$79.99

FREE SHIPPING ON EVERY RAZOR.COM ORDER

Inspired by fan favorite Autobot Bumblebee

This Limited Edition scooter, inspired by fan favorite AUTOBOT BUMBLEBEE, is a Razor original classic style A-Kick Scooter (Est. 2000), made from aircraft grade aluminum in limited edition yellow colorway with black anodized telescoping T-bar and brake, with Bumblebee movie style griptape.

See post by [member=2163]AzT[/member] below for SDCC link!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:45:49 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2018, 10:51:41 AM »
Slight variation from the SDCC version:

The exclusive yellow scooter will feature an additional white stripe and two black stripes with a black movie Autobot insignia. The regular version will only feature a red G1 Autobot logo.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (out of stock)

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
They did!

So the Bumblebee I bought off someone from here for $72 didn’t actually cost them that?

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
So the Bumblebee I bought off someone from here for $72 didn’t actually cost them that?

Booth prices include sales tax: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online listing prices do not: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A reminder from the General Disclaimer for this section You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Afterwards, you two work out all the additional details via PMs or your own communication channels. Two in-thread posts should be all it takes to get the ball rolling!

We, the global moderators and administrators, are not responsible for and do not vet the individual actions of forum members in this community, so engaging in a trade will be done at your own risk.  As always, we encourage you to please use your best judgement.

Thank you!  ^__^

How to Send Personal Messages (PMs) on the Forums ->