Author Topic: Chevy Bolt lease  (Read 1995 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Chevy Bolt lease
« on: September 18, 2020, 03:32:55 PM »
This is kind of a weird post, and it'll probably read like "hey look what I great deal I got." But it's one of those stars-are-aligning kind of things so I figured I would share in the off chance it helps out someone else. Otherwise look what a great deal I got :)

We have been leasing a 2017 Bolt and are returning it next week, we had planned on going without a 2nd car for a while but then I randomly saw an article about the current incentives. Some of them are of course region specific, etc., but if you are in the market it might be worth checking out what is available where you live, especially if you are a Costco member.

I can also answer any questions about driving one, seriously, random people ask me all of the time.

For us, there was:

$3,000   bonus from Costco
$5,750   GM national lease incentive
$1,500   bonus from Chevy if currently leasing a 2015 or newer GM vehicle
$1,400   bonus for people in the San Francisco area

with all that, we were offered a $0 down, $181 per month 3-year/36K mile lease for a 2020 Bolt. There is also a $800 rebate from PG&E and a $2000 rebate from the California CVRP thing which effectively brings it down to $103 per month, $3716 overall.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Chevy Bolt lease
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
i was all set to delet this until i saw it was really you LOL
congrats on the deal
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:38:54 PM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i was all set to delet this until i saw it was really you LOL
congrats on the deal

I should have put it under the Deals thread :) I normally wouldn't post something like this here but it's a really low price.

If I start making posts about mortgage rates or something send help.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »
That is an insanely good deal, congrats.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
Picking it up tomorrow :) I do have to say, doing all of the dealership stuff online was much less painful than the old way.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »
Picking it up tomorrow :) I do have to say, doing all of the dealership stuff online was much less painful than the old way.
yeah, it's going to be hard going back to inperson stuff LOL
doing classes in my pj's is wayway to easy
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 01:55:54 PM »
yeah, it's going to be hard going back to inperson stuff LOL
doing classes in my pj's is wayway to easy

It's been a dinner table discussion topic for the last few nights, we all obviously want the covid situation to get under control but there are some changes it would nice to keep. My daughter is really liking the remote learning aspect, but at the same time is really missing the social aspect of being at school. She is applying to colleges this year, and my son to grad school, and both are quite happy to not have to take the usual standardized tests.

We are currently refinancing our house too, curious to see how that goes.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
oh yes with the refi!
i was talking with a fellow enumerator last night about the insainly cheap price you got on your bolt and extrapolating to the hopeful eventual incentives of Harley motorcycles. LOL She was looking at getting s new bike soon.
I've been buying most everything i need for my new place off of Offer-Up. I was even able to negotiate a lower price at my local reptile/pet store for a new-to-me Bearded Dragon LOL. They specialize in re-homing unwanted reptiles and Cutie-Pie(her name) had not been treated well.

i just had one of my in-person certification test's canceled. i think i'm going to re-schedule for a at-home test.

My folks who are in their 80's are saying 5 years to get ourselves out of this economic situation.  But there's the environment changes which seems to be costing a lot of money also.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »

Congrats on the Bolt.  I've been keeping an eye out for a used 1st gen Volt.  Those were made as a demo of tech by GM and thus they were sold for less than they cost to make.  They are tanks.  They can be found for cheap.  I've seen two sell for less than $5,000 here in San Diego.  One only had about 40K on the clock.  I would have bought that but it sold by the time I could contact the seller.

My folks who are in their 80's are saying 5 years to get ourselves out of this economic situation.  But there's the environment changes which seems to be costing a lot of money also.

I think it will take much longer than that.  We still haven't fully recovered from the great recession of 2008-2009.  It's been over 10 years.  Even ignoring 2020, interest rates are still at historic lows.  That's a sign that the economy is still on life support.  An economy is not strong if it relies on low interest rates to function.  Until interest rates go back to normal levels, we haven't recovered.

These low interest rates had a direct impact on the covid economic response.  Since the main response for a recession is to lower interest rates to stimulate the economy.  With interest rates already so low there wasn't much to be done there.  So instead we had to print money and hand it out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:11:20 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

These low interest rates had a direct impact on the covid economic response.  Since the main response for a recession is to lower interest rates to stimulate the economy.  With interest rates already so low there wasn't much to be done there.  So instead we had to print money and hand it out.

Which leads to inflation. I know.
It's a lot better to have money in things then in the bank. This is my rational for keeping my eyes out on a new Harley.
Not really but it illustrates the point of buying items like the bolt as an inflation hedge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Which leads to inflation. I know.
It's a lot better to have money in things then in the bank. This is my rational for keeping my eyes out on a new Harley.
Not really but it illustrates the point of buying items like the bolt as an inflation hedge.

It's the reason the stock market has risen in the last 10 years.  There's no where else to get a return.  15 years ago a high yield savings account or CD would yield 5%.  Now it's under 1%.  It's not a good time to be retired and hoping to get a good safe yield for stable income.

So everyone piles into the stock market.  The stock market was never the economy but historically they have  been correlated.  Now, they are so disconnected that one doesn't remotely reflect the state of the other.  Many companies don't make any more money than they did years ago but their stock prices have appreciated.  Apple makes the same amount of money as it did in 2018 but the stock is almost 300% higher.  It's all multiple expansion.  There's no where else to put money to get a decent yield.  It's no longer investing.  Fundamentals don't seem to matter.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 12:30:29 PM »
It's been a dinner table discussion topic for the last few nights, we all obviously want the covid situation to get under control but there are some changes it would nice to keep. My daughter is really liking the remote learning aspect, but at the same time is really missing the social aspect of being at school. She is applying to colleges this year, and my son to grad school, and both are quite happy to not have to take the usual standardized tests.

We are currently refinancing our house too, curious to see how that goes.
I hope your refi went well! I refi’d our place starting in June. 70 days later it finally closed. The whole process was a mess due in part to COVID and also broker incompetence.

After everything was signed, recorded, and funded the broker came back a week later asking for employment verification. I refused on the grounds the whole deal is now done and irreversible. Not my fault they didn’t get their things together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
I hope your refi went well! I refi’d our place starting in June. 70 days later it finally closed. The whole process was a mess due in part to COVID and also broker incompetence.

After everything was signed, recorded, and funded the broker came back a week later asking for employment verification. I refused on the grounds the whole deal is now done and irreversible. Not my fault they didn’t get their things together.

That was timely :) the notary just came by this morning and we sat at a table in the driveway signing everything. That went fine but overall it was more of a Columbo process than usual, "just one more thing" again and again, with the most recent being the employment verification. Hoping we are done with it now.

With the lease we did end up dealing with some incompetence at the dealership, they messed up things with the financial department so we started getting calls about why we hadn't paid our bill when we hadn't received one. Then yesterday we got a notice from the DMV since the dealership didn't submit the paperwork they said they would.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »
That was timely :) the notary just came by this morning and we sat at a table in the driveway signing everything. That went fine but overall it was more of a Columbo process than usual, "just one more thing" again and again, with the most recent being the employment verification. Hoping we are done with it now.

With the lease we did end up dealing with some incompetence at the dealership, they messed up things with the financial department so we started getting calls about why we hadn't paid our bill when we hadn't received one. Then yesterday we got a notice from the DMV since the dealership didn't submit the paperwork they said they would.
Ah, that’s good to hear. I think it still took a week to record with the county after signing for us and they wanted another emp verification within 10 days of funding(this one I did provide). It’ll be over for you very soon!

It’s the worst spending so long under a financial microscope.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 12:24:43 PM »
It's $4600 all in for a 30K/3 year lease on a 2021 Bolt in the Bay Area.  If you qualify for the $2000 California rebate on top of that, it makes it cheaper than buying gas alone to drive those 30K miles.