Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127726 times)

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #555 on: January 20, 2021, 02:21:21 PM »
I know that SD has a way smaller supply than anticipated, so very limited openings. I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #556 on: January 20, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »
So it turns out that a neighbor of my father's who runs a care center had extra doses today and offered them to my father and step mother.
So that worked out good for them.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #557 on: Today at 09:10:49 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2021, 06:54:43 PM »
My parents were vaccinated at Petco today.  On the local news, they have a story about how people were upset the lines and wait were long.  I thought it went very smoothly.  Exactly 1 hour from when we pulled up to when we drove off the lot.  Half that time was the mandatory safety wait for an allergic reaction after vaccination.  It's 15 mins but it's 15 mins from the last vaccination in your group.  We were first vaccinated so it ended up being about 30 mins for us.

We got there very early.  It didn't matter since no one seemed to care when our appointment was, only that we had one.  There was a tiny line to get on the lot then we were in line for registration.  Contrary to what the confirmation email said, they only wanted to see ID.  They didn't want the confirmation email.  Once through registration we got into the line for vaccination.  Like Hall H, they take cars in chutes.  So groups of cars at a time.  All are put into the chutes and released at the same time.  The actually jab was speedy.  Verbal confirmation of ID, handing out a vaccination card and then the jab.  Then wait to be released.

I didn't know but there's also drive up and walk in options.  It's not just drive thru.  We were the last car chute next to the walk in chute.  That option looks to be much faster.  At first I thought it was a chute on break.  There were very few people there.  Then I realized it was where they gave jabs outside of cars.  People could either walk up or just park and go there.  It was never anywhere close to full.  It was empty a few times during my 30 mins there.

All in all, I think it went well.  It's well run and gets the job done.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:56:55 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2021, 08:32:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My parents were vaccinated at Petco today.  On the local news, they have a story about how people were upset the lines and wait were long.  I thought it went very smoothly.  Exactly 1 hour from when we pulled up to when we drove off the lot.  Half that time was the mandatory safety wait for an allergic reaction after vaccination.  It's 15 mins but it's 15 mins from the last vaccination in your group.  We were first vaccinated so it ended up being about 30 mins for us.

We got there very early.  It didn't matter since no one seemed to care when our appointment was, only that we had one.  There was a tiny line to get on the lot then we were in line for registration.  Contrary to what the confirmation email said, they only wanted to see ID.  They didn't want the confirmation email.  Once through registration we got into the line for vaccination.  Like Hall H, they take cars in chutes.  So groups of cars at a time.  All are put into the chutes and released at the same time.  The actually jab was speedy.  Verbal confirmation of ID, handing out a vaccination card and then the jab.  Then wait to be released.

I didn't know but there's also drive up and walk in options.  It's not just drive thru.  We were the last car chute next to the walk in chute.  That option looks to be much faster.  At first I thought it was a chute on break.  There were very few people there.  Then I realized it was where they gave jabs outside of cars.  People could either walk up or just park and go there.  It was never anywhere close to full.  It was empty a few times during my 30 mins there.

All in all, I think it went well.  It's well run and gets the job done.

I know people are complaining a lot about the lines and appointments and all, it's all going a lot faster than I expected.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #559 on: January 20, 2021, 11:11:36 PM »
For San Diego people, another super site has opened.  This time in the South Bay.  Right now, it has appointments while all the other sites don't.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #560 on: January 21, 2021, 07:00:58 AM »
i am thrilled to hear of everyone's successes! It gives me hope

Philly on the other hand is a clusterXXX
There's been an organization handling free testing which already started a 'pre-commitment' sign up for the Vaccine. They have the inferstructure in place to do the Vac so were shiffting from testing to vac'ing.
yesterday, the local public radio published this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Essentially the City is saying- that's garbage, cese&desist. The City goes on to say they're rolling out their own 'interest' sign up portal next week. They're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 
I'm getting to the point i want to fly my folks out here so i can get them Vac'ed

I know people are complaining a lot about the lines and appointments and all, it's all going a lot faster than I expected.
I'm not sure if this is true in the LA region but SD is doing great compared to other places!- yes, it's a pita but shots are getting into arms.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:09:36 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #561 on: January 21, 2021, 09:14:27 AM »
Made the second dose appts for my parents.  Petco seems to have appts every morning but they disappear quickly.  Southbay still has open appts right now.

I heard on NPR that the no show rate in LA is 20%.  So that's why they already opened it up to 65 and over.  Basically as a standby line for the no shows.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: January 22, 2021, 12:01:36 PM »
I'll be heading to Petco this afternoon assisting an older gentleman in getting his first shot.
i will report back
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: January 23, 2021, 07:16:00 AM »
Unlike You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login we were in the chute to the far left & did not see any walk ups. Apparently, the red line stop is close to the site and can be used for public transport.

the car line for the site started just as we got off the 5 & took about a half an hr to get to the gates. We arrived at 3:25pm.
The process was fast once in the gate.  We were driving away at 4:45

There are ways to cut the line to the gate, as it isn't monitored but it annoyed me when someone did. #grumble What was even worse is the person tried to give me a hard time about not letting them in line after i'd been waiting a half an hour--- #narrowEyes #personalDigression

oh, one other point of interest, the second appointment is made through the MyChart app

oh and another data point. the county said on thursday it received about 150,000 doses that day. There should be enough to get shots into arms for a few days.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:31:54 AM by alyssa »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #564 on: January 23, 2021, 08:25:59 AM »
I'll be heading to Petco this afternoon assisting an older gentleman in getting his first shot.
i will report back

HUGE shout out to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , that was my dad she took to Petco today!!  I appreciate her help so much!

Another reason FoCC is the absolute best!!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: January 23, 2021, 08:43:30 AM »
HUGE shout out to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , that was my dad she took to Petco today!!  I appreciate her help so much!

Another reason FoCC is the absolute best!!
thanks
i didn't want to 'out' him without your permission. ;) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #566 on: January 23, 2021, 09:18:40 AM »
I friggin love our nerd family!!!

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #567 on: January 23, 2021, 09:21:13 AM »
I'm trying to get my aunt in at a HS and appointments open up at noon. I'm going to have the Onions help, but let's be honest, they were born with a Comic Con badge in their mouth. So they don't get the urgency. Crossing fingers!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #568 on: January 23, 2021, 09:34:07 AM »
massive amounts of appointments available at petco right now

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: January 23, 2021, 01:06:09 PM »
still massive number of appointments available at petco
at this rate the county can lower their age bracket to 65 soon

i just really really hope they get to the 55 + bracket by mid march. I'm scheduled to fly to philly
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:09:02 PM by alyssa »