Author Topic: Badge Buying for the greater good?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Deose

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
Badge Buying for the greater good?
« on: July 24, 2019, 12:36:25 PM »
I'm curious in what other people will think is a better option to help "the greater good" for someone who wants 4 days + PN

1) Buy only 4 days during returning registration, so that for open reg, the person can get back into the sale with the option to buy 3 more people badges.

2) Buy all 4 days + PN night during returning registration, so that during open registration, no one has to stop and buy them a 1 day badge, and thus have the option to buy someone else a 4-5 day badge.

Thoughts?

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
Re: Badge Buying for the greater good?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
I spent most of my years only doing 4 days so I could help out in both sales, which ended up saving quite a few folks, but the chances of getting PN in the second sale were always much harder. I didnt usually want PN, so no spot was lost, but if someone relied on getting it in the second sale it would just take away a spot that could be used to get a full event pass for someone else (one of the 3 spots your allowed to buy for upon purchase screen entry, I mean)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:31:51 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 01:00:29 PM »
If you want PN, and you have the opportunity it buy it in returning registration, do so! It is extremely difficult to get PN in open registration. Don't ever count o being able to buy it later.

Even if you have PN from returning registration, you can always help ut during open registration by running codes for others. Every year our group has people who got 4 days in returning registration (and are happy with that) who cannot be there for open registration. They pass their codes on to others in our buying group, so everyone cal still help.

Offline Deose

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you want PN, and you have the opportunity it buy it in returning registration, do so! It is extremely difficult to get PN in open registration. Don't ever count o being able to buy it later.

Even if you have PN from returning registration, you can always help ut during open registration by running codes for others. Every year our group has people who got 4 days in returning registration (and are happy with that) who cannot be there for open registration. They pass their codes on to others in our buying group, so everyone cal still help.

That's true and a good way to do "both" in a way.

I've always been a 4 day person, not buying PN to help buy tickets for others, but this year PN would have been nice to have and am considering getting it going forward, but got stuck with the problem of "what's best for the group". I really like your solution!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
I once gave up my slot and opportunity to buy PN to help others. I got 4-day during Returning Reg, and I got in really quick during Open, but I decided to help my friends instead. So the irony is they got PN and I didn't, even though I got 4-day months before they did.

Honestly, if it happens again, I'd do the same. I'll always give up a (half) day to help others out.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »
If you really want PN, 2 because it's unlikely you'll get the chance again, and you should put your own mask on first. If you don't care that much about PN, then 1.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 04:58:02 PM »
I don’t care too much about preview night so if that’s all I would “need” in open I don’t go for it and instead use my spot to help others. Sometimes I don’t even try for preview night in returning but it’s been a few years so I may try for it next year. If you are dead set on getting preview night and/or have never gotten it before and want to experience it, then I wouldn’t judge you for getting it in open even if you already had all 4 days, everyone has different priorities and sometimes preview night is a big deal to certain con goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk