Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 10428 times)

Offline beanzerz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: Risa

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Any hotel, but I've never stayed downtown and would be more interested in trying that out this year.

Days: Wednesday - Sunday

Price Per Night: Will consider any price point

Smoking/Drinking: No preference

Spaces: No preference, so long as the room is not overcrowded.

Preferences and Description: My boyfriend may be attending with me but it's not set in stone yet. I am going either way so hoping for enough room for both of us, with flexible cancellation for my boyfriend. I'm cool with sleeping on a cot but hoping for a bed lol

Age Preference of Roommates: Any

Gender Preference of Roommates: Any

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm easy going, a bit shy but always willing to make new friends. I am a cosplayer but my props are easily put away. This is my fourth year and my boyfriends first. Hoping to try for the Marvel Hall H panel this year and would love some company in line as my boyfriend does not have a badge.

Additional preferences for roommates: n/a

Offline kneque

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates)

Name: kneque 
Name of Hotel: Residence Inn Gaslamp - 1 Bed w/ Sofa Sleeper, full kitchenette, free breakfast
Days: check-in Tuesday afternoon, check-out Sunday morning. Looking for ONE roommate for Tuesday night only - ONE floor spot open.
Spaces:The sofa sleeper (1-2 persons) and one floor spot are available, price adjusted accordingly.
Price Per Night Negotiable. Varies depending on whether we can fill the floor spot. There is currently space on the sofa sleeper and for one person on the floor.
Assuming 4 persons in the room: Sofa sleeper $166/night for the whole sofa
Assuming 5 persons in the room: Sofa sleeper $138/night for the whole sofa; floor spot $64/night
Full amount must be paid upfront. Strong preference for those that can stay all 5 nights and for either a single on the sofa or two persons that know each other.
Smoking/Drinking: Please no smoking or drinking in the room.

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed, but preferably not all male
Include a brief description about yourself: Myself and my boyfriend are in our mid-20s. We plan on spending most of our time outside of the room and will really only be using the room to sleep and store our stuff.
Additional preferences for roommates: We only ask that the room stay clean and organized and for our roommates to respect each other's space and belongings. We won't be sleeping much so we'd prefer the room to be quiet when it needs to be. Please give a short description of yourself and anything you feel we should know. Thanks!

Edit 5/17: The floor space Wed-Sun is currently spoken for.
Edit 5/29: All spots taken for Wed-Sun. Looking for those interested in staying only Tuesday night. Price negotiable. Good luck to those still searching!
Edit 6/26: Still looking for anyone interested in staying only Tuesday night.
Edit 6/29: Only one floor spot available. Price negotiable.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:00:35 PM by kneque »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:32:33 AM »

Offline Froggy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES - room already booked, just need roommates

Name: Froggy

Name of Hotel: San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina

Days: Tue 16 to Mon 22 (6 nights)

Price Per Night: $585 for the entire duration (Tues to Mon) if we are 4. We're already 2.

Smoking/Drinking: No

Spaces: 2 spaces available. We have 2 double beds. My friend and I will be using one. The other one is free for 2 other people.

Preferences and Description: Clean and quiet people. My friend and I want to use this room to rest during the Con. No gathering/parties. Super important point: no snorers. My friend & I cannot sleep if someone snores and it has ruined our nights in the past when someone snored.

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+ preferred

Gender Preference of Roommates: We are 2 women so we prefer an all female room.

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm french, living in Canada. This will be my 4th sdcc. My friend is from LA. We are both relaxed people. We're mainly going for the tv shows panels. We'll be going in line pretty early most days (midnight - 2am) so we will be going to bed around 8pm to get a bit of sleep. Being respectful of everyone's schedule is important to us.

Payment: Full payment is expected to reserve your spot. Payment has to be in CAD (because that's the currency I paid in). $585=CAD801. Paypal only as this is the only thing available.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:56:11 PM by Froggy »

Offline AshleyD

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »
Looking for Room

Name: Ashley

Hotel: Closer is better.

Cost: can not afford nights that I am not there

Days: Wednesday- Sunday

Smoking/Drink - don’t smoke, will be out late for drinks but will not bring them back with me.

I’m 35 F Canadian and an attending Guest. This will be my second year and will be primarily “working” so I won’t be around much. I’m quiet, clean, and generally shy.

Offline Tex Murphy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
Looking for Roommate

Name: James

Name of Hotel: Condo - right next to Embassy Suites, across from the Manchester Hyatt.

Days: Monday, July 15 to Monday, July 22

Price Per Night: $650 for the entire duration (7 nights). $625 (6 nights). $600 (5 nights). $575 (4 nights)

Smoking/Drinking: No on smoking, but ok on drinking.

Description of the condo: 2 beds, 1 pull-out sofa. *Beds/sofa might be taken*. Plenty of space for an air mattress or a cot if you want to bring your own. 1 bathroom. Gym/pool access. There will be 5 people in the room already and looking for a 6th person.   

Preferences: Looking for clean/hygienic and quiet people. People who can respect other people's personal space. We don't mind if you go out and party, just don't bring people back. 

Brief description about myself: This will be my 7th, maybe 8th... or maybe it was my 9th year of SDCC. I'm sorry, I lost count after my 5th year. Anyways, I'm a laid back and down-to-earth guy. I have my own business and on the side, I do work at other conventions as a guest liaison, heck I'm a guest at some of the cons. I'll be at SDCC this year to help some friends who are in the industry. And we're just looking for an extra roommate.

If you need more info about the condo, or about me, feel free to PM me and ask. :)

Offline admiral-lira

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
LOOKING FOR ONE ROOMMATE
Still available as of Jul 17

Name: admiral-lira

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Town and Country Resort, room only has a king bed.

Days: Wed Jul 17 to Mon Jul 22 2019

Price Per Night: $570 for the entire stay

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking or drinking in the room

Spaces: Only me right now, looking for one more person.

Age Preference of Roommates: 21 or older

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed or all male

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a male in my early 40s. Star Trek and Sci Fi fan. This is my 3rd comic-con and I will be volunteering. I'm coming from south of the border so English is not my first language. I don't mind waking up early if I have to, but probably I will do it well after dawn.

Additional preferences for roommates: Somebody that respect other persons property and be quiet during sleep time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:23:30 PM by admiral-lira »

Offline conkwe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 03:43:51 PM »
I'm looking for roomates for a hotel share.

Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Two Double Beds

Hotel rates: $375 for whole stay (partial stay allowed, but still full price)

How long are you staying: Check in July 17 Wednesday - Check out July 21 Sunday
Check-in time 4 PM (I'll try to check in as early as I can though)
Check-out time is 11 AM.

Room Arrangement: Maximum of 6 people in the room.
First come, first serve for bed space. At least two people per bed.

Commute Info: Walking distance

Payment: Full payment must be made ahead of time. Bed space is reserved in order through payments received. Chase QuickPay (Zelle), PayPal (prefer gifted), or Venmo is accepted. Payment is non-refundable, even if you cancel your stay. You can possibly wait until the con starts to pay cash in person, but that's only if a room spot is still available by then.

Additional preferences for roommates: : Co-ed room. Clean, responsible roommates.

Rules and Requirements:
- Ages 18+ only, preferably 21+
- No smoking or drugs, light drinking allowed
- Refrain from bringing other guests to room
- This is not a party room. Try to keep it quiet past sleeping hours, at least past 12AM, especially if you're coming back late.
- Any damages, thefts, and charges to the room caused by you will be paid by you.
- Only four key cards will be provided to the room and will be given to the first 3 people. The last two people will need to work out with others on how to get access to the room later during midday. If you're in a group of two or more and can share key cards to give up a key card to another person, then please do.

Amenities:
- Standard hotel amenities
- Snacks and possibly water will be provided. Feel free to pitch in and bring some drinks/snack to share with the group.

More about me:
I'm 29 years old. I like video games, particularly Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Halo.  I've been a part of room shares before for SDCC and Anime Expo.

PM me if interested or email me at conkwe87 (at] yahoo [.) co
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:45:04 AM by conkwe »

Offline butterflycheesecake

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Alana Lee

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: on the shuttle route or walking distance

Days: Wed Night - Sun/Mon

Price Per Night: Negotiable

Smoking/Drinking: Smoking no if I can help it. Drinking I dont care.

Spaces: I just want a bed or sofa spot and I'm happy

Age Preference of Roommates: I'm 26 as long as everyone is over 18 I'm ok.

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed is no big deal to me. All females is always a plus

Include a brief description about yourself: I'll be cosplaying but I won't have any large props as far as I know.

Additional preferences for roommates: As long as everyone keeps their stuff together I'm ok!

Offline sd_135

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: sd_135

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina (near the airport, right outside the shuttle stop – shuttle info You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

You can check out the hotel facilities at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Days: Wednesday 17th July – Sunday 21st July (check in 4pm, check out 12midday)

Price Per Night: For 4 nights = $300 per person ($75 per night) or up for negotiation)

Smoking/Drinking: preferably non-smoking/ok if responsible drinking

Spaces: I have 2x double beds and 3x available spaces as long as you don’t mind sharing.

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+

Gender Preference of Roommates: All-female preferred

Include a brief description about yourself: I’m a light cosplayer but all of my props will stay in my suitcase and I will keep my area as tidy as I can. I’m a non-smoker and non-drinker. I am travelling from Australia and this will be my first time at San Diego Comic Con (or any overseas con). I imagine I won’t be spending much time in the room and more time trying to figure out how to get a seat in Hall H. Any tips from more experienced con attendees are welcome.

Additional preferences for roommates: I’m looking for roommates that are respectful of other people’s boundaries, possessions and sleep times.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:14:37 PM by sd_135 »

Offline PhoenixArcade

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Ashley, Aaren, Karen

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: San Diego Marriott Gaslamp (0.8 miles away)

Days: (7/16-7/22.) Check-in Tuesday / Check-out Monday

Price Per Night: $500 Whole Stay

Smoking/Drinking: No/Not in the room

Spaces: 1 (shared bed)

Preferences and Description: Just be respectful and responsible

Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-Female

Include a brief description about yourself: 1 is a seasoned SDCC Volunteer, I’ve done 4 years at SDCC as a badge holder but volunteering for the first time; the other went last year when I didn’t go but heard she’s great :D

Additional preferences for roommates: Shares space, keeps belonging in their “area,” more of an early bird vs. all nightery room.

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: azul120

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Walking distance or shuttle route

Days: Wed-Sun

Price Per Night: Up to 500-600 preferably

Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No) None preferably

Spaces: No preference

Preferences and Description: I am quiet, clean and respectful. Will be away much of the day, and will often leave early.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Male/co-ed

Offline kate

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 10:40:47 AM »
LOOKING FOR TWO MORE ROOMMATES!

STILL AVAILABLE AS OF 7/8!

Name: Katie & Kellen

Hotel: Hotel Indigo - Gaslamp Quarter (0.8 miles, about a 7-10 minute walk) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Days: Wednesday, 7/17-Sunday, 7/21

Price: $352 total, for the entire stay (this includes your portion of the deposit and remainder owed for the rest of the stay)

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, but light drinking is fine. (My boyfriend and I will likely be doing some of the con bar crawls, so you're more than welcome to join us!)

Spaces: Two queen beds.

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+

Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed is fine.

Include a brief description about yourself:
+ I'm 28 years old, female, and this will be my 9th con (or is it my 10th? I can't remember)! I'm a sucker for all things Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones (books and I guess the show ::)), Riverdale, Lucifer, Good Omens, etc. I'm super chatty and not shy, so you won't have to worry about awkward silences.
+ My boyfriend, Kellen, is 35 years old, male, and he's into just about everything I am (minus Riverdale), but he's also a big gamer (Fortnite, Overwatch, Fallout, etc). This is his first ever SDCC. He's a lawyer, so he'll either be on his laptop or his phone 90% of the time because ya gotta keep grinding, right?
+ We're both very laid back people and very easy to get along with!

Additional preferences for roommates:
+ Clean and respectful!
+ We don't care if you cosplay, so long as it doesn't take up the entire room.
+ Be personable? I understand we're all strangers, but let's be friendly to one another. If there's an issue, let me know, and we'd do the same. Let's not be miserable around each other for 4 days.

Notes:
+ I will require you to link me to your Facebook or LinkedIn account to verify your identity.
+ You will need to PayPal or Venmo me or Kellen ASAP once we've finalized everything.

Bed is taken. However, if you're interested in a floor spot because you just need a space to sleep and shower, we could do an air mattress? Price would only be $200 for that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:00:15 PM by kate »

Offline modruiz

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: Mario

Email: [email protected]

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: near SDCC or near trolley line

Days: Wed 7/17 - Mon 7/21

Price Per Night: $50 to $100-ish/night

Smoking/Drinking: non-smoking preferred, light drinking fine

Spaces: open (please describe)

Preferences and Description: open (please describe)

Age Preference of Roommates: any (but either 18+ or a family situation)

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed or all male fine

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm an elementary school robotics teacher, salsa dancer, and comic geek. I've been to the Con twice before. I'm quiet, have good hygiene, am used to roommates (male and female), and don't snore.

Additional preferences for roommates: non-snoring preferred, no drama / crazy scenes. Respectful, cool people.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:37:02 PM by modruiz »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 01:14:09 PM »

Name: Elysia
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt (Just down the street from the convention center)
Days: July 17 – 21st (check in Wednesday, check out Sunday)
Price Per Night: $280 per floor spot. Price is for the entire stay.
Smoking/Drinking: No/No. I don’t care what you do outside the room, but please no getting wasted.
Spaces: 1 floor spot. (There will be two people in each bed and two on the floor, so six people total in the room.)

18+ preferred.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Ladies preferred, but will consider men on a case by case basis.
Include a brief description about yourself: Graduate student rooming with my younger, cosplaying sister, two other female friends, and one male friend. All of us are in are 20s and 30s. This is my and my sister’s eighth Comic Con and I’ve run rooms every year I’ve attended. Personality wise, I’m usually very calm and a bit shy, although I warm up quickly. My sister and I are both very neat in hotel rooms and tend to keep most of our stuff in suitcases unless we’re using it. We do a pretty good mix of things during the con, with Hall H Saturday/Marvel normally being our biggest thing.

Additional preferences for roommates: Everyone should be capable of being clean, respectful, and mature.  (Bathing daily is a MUST).  Also, if you’re a light sleeper, be forewarned that my sister and I will be heading out very early each day. Cosplayers are welcome, but please, no storing large props in the room.

Payment: Half is due in order reserve spot. The second half due by July 13. Paypal or Venmo is preferred. I don’t do refunds or at con payments.

If you are interested, please send me a PM with the following details:
1.   Name
2.   Age
3.   Gender
4.   Plus any other questions you might have :)

Thanks!

Room is currently full.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:31:07 PM by oneroomdisco »

Offline mari_guerra

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

Name: Mariana

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: InterContinental San Diego in Downtown

Days: Wed Jul 17, 2019 and Check-out Sun Jul 21, 2019

Price Per Night: The total for 4 nights is $1,465.12. Divided by 4 =$366.28 FOR TOTAL STAY

Smoking/Drinking: I don't drink or smoke but I do not mind if you smoke outside of the room and drink moderately in the room.

Spaces: 2 spaces 1 space available (share a queen bed). 3 other girls in the room already. 4 will be the total max.

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+

Gender Preference of Roommates: I'm a female and looking for 2 females 1 other female to share a queen bed. This is an all female room. there will be a total of 4 girls in the room.

Include a brief description about yourself: This will be my 7th year of CCI and I mostly do panels and the experiences.

Additional preferences for roommates: Just respect each others space and belongings.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:51:59 PM by mari_guerra »
SDCC: 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
WonderCon: 2015 | 2017