Author Topic: SDCC 2022: Housing Options (Outside of the Official Hotel Block)  (Read 20481 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: SDCC 2022: Housing Options (Outside of the Official Hotel Block)
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2022, 07:29:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Early bird hotels are typically on sale by February. In some years the main sale was as early as March, or at least announced to take place as late as May. It definitely does feel like it's running late for news

I am hopeful we'll see a Early Bird rooms again
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2022, 05:46:36 AM »

When I watched the unofficial blog's last broadcast on Wondercon, I made a comment about early bird for SDCC.  Kerry's response was she doubted there would an early bird due to the practice that reservations were non-refundable.  That makes sense if there is still some reluctance as we come out of the pandemic.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2022, 06:06:48 AM »
I expect the sale to be later this year just in case they have to cancel. Late May or so is when i expect, but then again im likely completely wrong.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2022, 11:11:09 AM »
Early bird hotels are typically on sale by February. In some years the main sale was as early as March, or at least announced to take place as late as May. It definitely does feel like it's running late for news

Early Bird Hotel Sale

NEW PROCESS FOR 2022:[/b] In order to defray the costs of credit card processing, a non-refundable service fee equal to 3% of each hotel deposit will be charged to the credit card provided for each reservation. Any change to a reservation that increases the required hotel deposit amount, such as extending the length of stay, changing to a more expensive room type, changing hotels, etc.; will incur an additional non-refundable service fee in the amount of 3% of the additional deposit amount. All charges will appear as “Comic-Con 2022 Hotels” on the user’s credit card statement.

The Comic-Con Early Bird Hotel Sale is Back for 2022!

This page contains important information about the reservation process. Please read everything carefully before clicking the link at the bottom to reserve a room.

Are you attending Comic-Con 2022? Did you know you have the opportunity to book your room NOW with the Comic-Con Early Bird Hotel Sale?

The Early Bird Hotel Sale offers exclusive hotels along the complimentary Comic-Con Shuttle route in the Mission Valley and Airport area at great rates. This is your only chance to reserve early! Save both stress and money with onPeak, the official hotel partner of Comic-Con 2022.

A limited number of Mission Valley and Airport area hotel rooms will be made available. No downtown hotels will be available in this sale.

The Early Bird Hotel Sale is only available BEFORE general housing opens. All rooms must be paid for in advance and are non-transferable. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.

IMPORTANT: Reserving an Early Bird hotel room does not guarantee you a badge for Comic-Con 2022. If you do not currently have a badge for Comic-Con 2022, please DO NOT purchase a prepaid, non-refundable hotel room. We will not refund any part of your Early Bird hotel reservation pre-payment if you do not have a badge.

NEW PROCESS FOR 2022: In order to defray the costs of credit card processing, a non-refundable service fee equal to 3% of each hotel deposit will be charged to the credit card provided for each reservation. Any change to a reservation that increases the required hotel deposit amount, such as extending the length of stay, changing to a more expensive room type, changing hotels, etc.; will incur an additional non-refundable service fee in the amount of 3% of the additional deposit amount. All charges will appear as “Comic-Con 2022 Hotels” on the user’s credit card statement.

Shuttle service is available on Wednesday, July 20 from 3:00 PM until 12:00 AM. Thursday, July 21 through Saturday, July 23 shuttles will run from 5:00 AM to 1:00 AM, and from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Sunday, July 24.

There will be no daily shuttle service between 1:00 AM to 5:00 AM.

BOOKING POLICIES:

Each room reservation requires full pre-payment at the time of booking.

Your full pre-payment is NON-REFUNDABLE, regardless of circumstance.

You must be over 18 years of age to book a reservation.

The "Comic-Con Early Bird Hotel Sale" rates are limited and subject to availability.

Reservations are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Name changes and adding nights to your stay must be submitted to onPeak by May 1, 2022.

Reduction in room nights will not be eligible for refunds.

Within 2 weeks of your arrival date, please contact the hotel directly for any date changes.

If you do not check in on your scheduled arrival date, the hotel will consider your reservation a "No Show" and your entire reservation will be forfeited, along with your entire pre-payment.

Rates listed below are for 1 or 2 people in each room. Additional people in the room or rooms with two (2) beds may increase the room rate. You will be able to view these additional rates before confirming your reservation. Some of the hotels will be offering special incentives for those booking early. Please review the list below for details.

Courtyard by Marriott SD Airport / Liberty Station

2592 Laning Road

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Rate includes a "welcome bag", airport shuttle, parking, and Wi-Fi in guest room.

Courtyard by Marriott SD Mission Valley

595 Hotel Circle South

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Rate includes complimentary breakfast for two (2), complimentary Wi-Fi in guest room, and complimentary parking for up to two (2) cars per room per day.

Days Inn Hotel SD Hotel Circle (Mission Valley)

543 Hotel Circle South

Requires a 3-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Reduced rate of $180.00 per night plus tax.

DoubleTree San Diego Mission Valley

7450 Hazard Center Drive

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Rate includes 1/2 off guest room internet.

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley

901 Camino del Rio South

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Discounted rate per night plus tax includes complimentary wireless internet access and a 50% discount off self-parking.

San Diego Marriott Mission Valley

8757 Rio San Diego Drive

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Discounted rate to $217.00 plus tax per night; or
Requires a 3-night stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Discounted rate to $222.00 plus tax per night.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina

1380 Harbor Island Drive

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Rate includes complimentary internet in guest room.

Sheraton Mission Valley, San Diego

1433 Camino Del Rio South

Requires a 4-night minimum stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Rate includes a discount of 50% off breakfast for two (2).

Town and Country Resort

500 Hotel Circle North

Requires a 4-night stay (must include Friday 7/22 and Saturday 7/23). Discounted rate of $222.00 for 1 or 2 people ($20 each additional - max 4 people per room), includes complimentary buffet breakfast daily, discounted parking of $8 per day (max two (2) cars per room), and complimentary in-room internet.

SDCC 2022 Early Bird Prices

Compared to 2020 Early Bird prices

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 03:12:36 PM by SamTurtledove »

Online sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2022, 11:33:32 AM »
So I’m guessing that will put hotelpocalypse in the first week in May.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2022, 11:50:15 AM »
Hope we get enough notice I can put in for time off. At work they have limited sites we can access, so don’t want to chance it
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2022, 01:22:05 PM »
Has anyone received an email about the Early Bird sale?  I was looking for an email about the sale.  Nothing for me.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2022, 01:24:48 PM »
was an email announcement sent for this? i updated my memberid info on the new site but didnt get anything

thanks

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2022, 02:01:04 PM »
I didn't get an email either - saw that SDCC Blog posted about on Facebook!

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2022, 02:07:02 PM »
One could assume that they didn't send out an email blast for early bird is that they never really sold out in the beginning (IIRC), so call it them just getting it out there.

Now, regular hotel reg...bring that $#!7 on...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2022, 05:24:35 PM »
I find it interesting that there is only 9 hotels on the list and that they are all non-refundable, I know that in previous years that been the case but I figured that there might be some change with Covid still around.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2022, 09:06:30 AM »
So I’m guessing that will put hotelpocalypse in the first week in May.
Is that how long the gap usually is?  I was thinking putting the Early Bird stuff out now maybe meant we'd see the regular hotelpocalypse by maybe mid-April: like, a couple weeks after WonderCon. 

Online sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2022, 09:13:06 AM »
Is that how long the gap usually is?  I was thinking putting the Early Bird stuff out now maybe meant we'd see the regular hotelpocalypse by maybe mid-April: like, a couple weeks after WonderCon.

Usually they open up early bird long before now I think.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login There's no 'usual' gap that way - Early Bird has historically been all over the place, including once starting the NOVEMBER before con. But they usually like to close it before Hotelpocalypse so there's no overlap.

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2022, 02:45:16 PM »
Once more into the breech! Just booked an Early Bird Hotel and used up frequent flyer miles I literally have been collecting for 20+ years! Back after seven years! (I'll go over and reintroduce myself in the other forum...)

YIKES!