Author Topic: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange  (Read 14576 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange
« on: March 02, 2022, 10:27:03 AM »
UPDATE, April 27, 2022:

The FoCC SDCC Hotel Exchange section of the forum is now open. If you are interested in participating in the Hotel Exchange, please check out this area.

Please note that the Hotel Exchange section is a private area of the forum that is only visible to eligible members. Eligibility has already been determined and was made based on members' activity levels. If you are not able to see the private area, then you did not meet the criteria. The list of eligible members will not be changed, and no more people will be added to the area for this year. To be a part of the Hotel Exchange next year, please remain on the forum and contribute, to become an active member. We understand that many members have not been on the forums since 2020. The criteria were based on lifetime activity, so this should not impact anyone's access. We welcome all of our members back to the forums.

It is not in the nature of FoCC to exclude people. The forums are open to all and we encourage new members to join. However, over the past few hotel exchanges we have noticed a trend of people coming to the forum only for the hotel exchange and this caused some serious security concerns, since there is a lot of private information involved in these exchanges. Our priority (and the reason the Hotel Exchange was created in the first place) is to give back to the active forum members who contribute to the community as a whole. We strongly encourage new members to stick around and become involved in everything else the forum has to offer. This site is a great resource of information for all things Comic Con, and as SDCC approaches there will be many threads about a wide variety of topics, from programming and offsites to cosplay and packing. You do not have to be a part of the Hotel Exchange to be a part of FoCC.

We understand that some may be disappointed to not be a part of the Hotel Exchange. We hope that you will stick around and be a part of the exchange with us next year.

*** Original Post ***

The most stressful time of SDCC preparation is coming up. No, I'm not talking about badge sales; I'm talking about Hotelpocalypse. Of course, it's not 100% certain that there will be a SDCC this year (much less a hotel lottery), but we at FoCC are optimistic that our favorite event will return, and we are doing as much as we can to be prepared.

Although no date for the hotel lottery has been announced, FoCC is planning to run a hotel exchange again this year in the event that the lottery happens. If you participate in the Hotel Sale and are shut out, or are successful but don't get the hotel you REALLY want, we may be able to help. If you were lucky and have an extra room, increase your Con Karma by offering it here on the forum! Please keep in mind that the official FoCC Hotel Exchange will be only for active members of the FoCC forum. To participate, just make sure that you remain active on the site. We hope that we can once again assist our members with getting a room in San Diego.

Please keep checking back for details of the exchange. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 11:00:40 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline verovero8

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 46
Re: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
Ahhhhh. The panic in my stomach has officially hit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:08:22 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 10:57:15 AM »
Hopefully I'll be able to participate this year?.....

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:16:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The most stressful time of SDCC preparation is coming up. No, I'm not talking about badge sales; I'm talking about Hotelpocalypse. Of course, it's not 100% certain that there will be a SDCC this year (much less a hotel lottery), but we at FoCC are optimistic that our favorite event will return, and we are doing as much as we can to be prepared.

Although no date for the hotel lottery has been announced, FoCC is planning to run a hotel exchange again this year in the event that the lottery happens. If you participate in the Hotel Sale and are shut out, or are successful but don't get the hotel you REALLY want, we may be able to help. If you were lucky and have an extra room, increase your Con Karma by offering it here on the forum! Please keep in mind that the official FoCC Hotel Exchange will be only for active members of the FoCC forum. To participate, just make sure that you remain active on the site. We hope that we can once again assist our members with getting a room in San Diego.

Please keep checking back for details of the exchange. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
I never thought I'd miss the SDCC hotel stress/panic/despair but I definitely did these past two years. Ready to be back. Let's DO this!

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:04:30 PM »

OMG, thank you! I cannot wait!

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

If there was a Mardi Gras this year (I was just there), there will be a SDCC this year!!!   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 06:56:41 PM »
If there was a Mardi Gras this year (I was just there), there will be a SDCC this year!!!   :)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 07:59:39 PM »

Fingers crossed!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 08:26:42 PM »
We feel the same! That’s why we are doing our best to be prepared.

Offline xavier2518

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 05:29:59 AM »
bring it -Hotelpocalypse!!!!!!  im ready, got my hotel in september in case i didnt get chosen .

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 09:27:07 AM »
I'm ready. Already have a downtown backup hotel.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1287
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »
Those old Hotelpocalypse juices are flowing....bring it!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1766
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 10:12:02 AM »
This has been a favorite thing for me the last couple of Cons.  I'm local and don't need a hotel, but I've been able to jump into the lotto and help people out.  Transferring reservations is incredibly easy (I don't have to put any money down to secure a reservation; I transfer the reservation immediately after securing it and then the other person deals with the deposit) and is a nice way to feel like I'm giving back/helping someone else out.

Any other San Diego locals out there, I recommend you trying this to help others; I know I have been a benefit of folks helping me secure parking, and the old mantra 'it takes a village...' can be applied to "...to secure a fun, successful Comic-Con!"

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 10:49:14 AM »
This has been a favorite thing for me the last couple of Cons.  I'm local and don't need a hotel, but I've been able to jump into the lotto and help people out.  Transferring reservations is incredibly easy (I don't have to put any money down to secure a reservation; I transfer the reservation immediately after securing it and then the other person deals with the deposit) and is a nice way to feel like I'm giving back/helping someone else out.

Any other San Diego locals out there, I recommend you trying this to help others; I know I have been a benefit of folks helping me secure parking, and the old mantra 'it takes a village...' can be applied to "...to secure a fun, successful Comic-Con!"

I am grateful for all those who traded with me in the past. Thank you.