Author Topic: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange  (Read 14581 times)

Offline AlaskaRainbow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 139
Re: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2022, 04:18:33 PM »
Not sure where to post this but Kelly and I are available to participate in the Hotel sale for anyone on the Forum. We already have our hotel (huge heavy thankful sigh to a certain Forum Member). 
If anyone wants to send me a good idea of what to put in the request I would be happy to do so. We were going to participate and offer it up here if we get anything.

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2022, 04:30:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is going to be fun (NOT).  Well, I'll try to have fun with this.  It's been a crazy few years.  We went to CCSE and actually got Marriott Marquis a week before the event.  Was weird.

I also went to CCSE and I was able to book the Hilton Bayfront, which I could never get during the hotel lottery.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 04:40:47 AM »

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2022, 04:32:38 PM »
Not sure where to post this but Kelly and I are available to participate in the Hotel sale for anyone on the Forum. We already have our hotel (huge heavy thankful sigh to a certain Forum Member). 
If anyone wants to send me a good idea of what to put in the request I would be happy to do so. We were going to participate and offer it up here if we get anything.

Since you get to put 12 choices down, I imagine that if you put the first 12 downtown hotels based on proximity to the Convention Center, you can't go wrong.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2022, 04:33:26 PM »
Since you get to put 12 choices down, I imagine that if you put the first 12 downtown hotels based on proximity to the Convention Center, you can't go wrong.
It's 6 downtown & 6 other if you go full 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »

Ahh! I didn't know that.  Thanks!  Now I have to redo my list.

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2022, 04:47:42 PM »

I just tested out the sample online form and it allowed me to select any 12.
I then went back into the 2022 hotel lottery instructions pdf and I couldn't find anything in there about having to split it up for 6 downtown and 6 other.

Can you show me where you got that information from?  It changes my ordering if it is the case.  I just want to be sure.

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2022, 04:55:17 PM »

I just tested out the sample online form and it allowed me to select any 12.
I then went back into the 2022 hotel lottery instructions pdf and I couldn't find anything in there about having to split it up for 6 downtown and 6 other.

Can you show me where you got that information from?  It changes my ordering if it is the case.  I just want to be sure.

I think the 6 downtown and 6 anywhere else is based on previous years. I think they now allow 12 anywhere.

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2022, 04:59:56 PM »

If your offer still stands, I'd love some help.  My usual people are out this year, so I'm going to do the lottery alone. Never hurts to have some help!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2022, 05:23:48 PM »
LUCKILY, I got dismissed very quickly from jury duty (I basically walked up to the back desk and told them how I'd literally just restarted from medical leave and my employer doesn't pay any days for jury duty and they let me go) and got to go back to work early in the day today. I DID miss the emails going out though, because there's basically 0 cell signal at work and I haven't figured out the wifi situation yet.

Time to go rally the troops even more than they already are on alert lol
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Darxlot

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2022, 05:33:51 PM »
I’m going to try for a hotel but my normal group bailed this year. Willing to share a room with someone.

39 M looking for hotel downtown. Cost isn’t an issue as long as it’s split evenly.

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2022, 06:50:56 PM »
How do we sign up for the hotel exchange

Offline The Mighty Jerd

• Exhibit Hall
    • The Jerd
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2022, 07:10:49 PM »
I will be sitting there at my keyboard with baited breath, but the last several years I have had to rely on the hotel exchange for accommodations. So here I am to participate, either to help someone get a room or to beg once again. Lol
"Making fitness & healthy lifestyles available to geeks and nerds the world over!"

Website: The Jerd You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Podcast: Geek Fitness Matters You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline magicalme7

• Sails Pavilion
    • Follow me on IG
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »
I also went to CCSE and I was able to book the Hilton Bayfront, which I could never get during the hotel lottery.

Yes please!! I will be flying during this time frame so can’t imagine I will have the best luck doing this on the plane.
I will message you when I have time to look at the hotels and all tomorrow if your offer still stands. :) 

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 178
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »
Strategy question:

Does anyone know how the ranked choices actually work?

For example, if my number comes up, and my #1 choice is the Hard Rock and my #2 choice is the Bayfront, and the Hard Rock is full, do I immediately get a crack at the Bayfront, or does someone else with the Bayfront as #1 get their choice first?

I've never been quite sure of how they're picked, and I think I've made some bad choices as a result...

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2022, 08:31:21 PM »
It's been awhile since I've dealt with anything SDCC (it's basically been off my radar since the pandemic started). So how does this exchange work again? Is there a spreadsheet? Or do we just stalk this thread, looking for people having hotels to offer and those who need one?