Author Topic: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange  (Read 14577 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
Re: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2022, 08:44:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  When the Hotel Exchange section is open, those who are eligible should be able to see it and access it. Instructions will be posted in the exchange section.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I believe that each form is accommodated one at a time. So YOU are allocated a room before going on to the next person. So if your #1 choice is not available, it will looks for your #2 choice. And so on and so on, until it has been through your entire list. If it goes through your entire list and nothing is available, it will allocate you a room based on the instructions you give it (in the check boxes at the bottom of the page) and if there is till nothing, put you on the waitlist (if you clicked that box on the bottom of the page). THEN it goes to the next person.

Offline kamisbutterfly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 81
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2022, 09:16:41 PM »
I am most certainly not ready for this!!!
So it says randomization will take place at 9 am. I really hope that's true!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 12:44:37 AM »

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2022, 09:22:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I believe that each form is accommodated one at a time. So YOU are allocated a room before going on to the next person. So if your #1 choice is not available, it will looks for your #2 choice. And so on and so on, until it has been through your entire list. If it goes through your entire list and nothing is available, it will allocate you a room based on the instructions you give it (in the check boxes at the bottom of the page) and if there is till nothing, put you on the waitlist (if you clicked that box on the bottom of the page). THEN it goes to the next person.

I so hope this is how its done

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 178
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2022, 09:30:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I’m going to hope this is the case, and order the choices accordingly.

Quote from: Transmute Jun
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I believe that each form is accommodated one at a time. So YOU are allocated a room before going on to the next person. So if your #1 choice is not available, it will looks for your #2 choice. And so on and so on, until it has been through your entire list. If it goes through your entire list and nothing is available, it will allocate you a room based on the instructions you give it (in the check boxes at the bottom of the page) and if there is till nothing, put you on the waitlist (if you clicked that box on the bottom of the page). THEN it goes to the next person.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 09:33:09 PM by Jesse O »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2022, 09:52:29 PM »

This is the way OnPeak/CCI have said/implied it is done, and it seems to line up pretty well with results we've seen here over the years. Although given OnPeak's general proficiency at this process, I would also believe that they just print out all the requests, roll them up into balls, let a small army of cats play with them for a bit, and then begin booking whichever ones they can still read in the order they find them.

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2022, 11:07:31 PM »
This is the way OnPeak/CCI have said/implied it is done, and it seems to line up pretty well with results we've seen here over the years. Although given OnPeak's general proficiency at this process, I would also believe that they just print out all the requests, roll them up into balls, let a small army of cats play with them for a bit, and then begin booking whichever ones they can still read in the order they find them.

I had a good chuckle at that visual 🤣

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2022, 11:17:12 PM »
Yes please!! I will be flying during this time frame so can’t imagine I will have the best luck doing this on the plane.
I will message you when I have time to look at the hotels and all tomorrow if your offer still stands. :)

Sorry for any confusion.  I was replying to another poster who said that for Comic Con Special Edition, they were able to get a good hotel room.

I was replying that the same thing happened for me as well for San Diego Comic Con Special Edition.  I was able to book a room for THAT EVENT that I could never get for the San Diego Comic Con in July.

I don't have any rooms yet, since the lottery has happened yet. 

Offline SARAHHINSLEY

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2022, 03:20:19 AM »
I am most certainly not ready for this!!!
So it says randomization will take place at 9 am. I really hope that's true!
I don't think I have ever been ready for this but more so this year after a three year break!

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2022, 07:26:43 AM »
I'm so nervous.   I work at a school so I'm having to ask if I can come in late tomorrow.   I have yet to get a hotel through this process and have to keep trying every day to get a hotel so I really hope this year is different.   I have horrible knees so I have to rent a scooter which makes it necessary to get a downtown hotel within range of taking a scooter.   Fingers crossed for everyone.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2022, 07:41:16 AM »
I'm so nervous.   I work at a school so I'm having to ask if I can come in late tomorrow.   I have yet to get a hotel through this process and have to keep trying every day to get a hotel so I really hope this year is different.   I have horrible knees so I have to rent a scooter which makes it necessary to get a downtown hotel within range of taking a scooter.   Fingers crossed for everyone.
Good luck! I need both my knees replaced so I understand the issue of needing to get a decent hotel (close by). I am grateful to be still able to get around but by the end of the day after the con good gravy am I in pain! Keeping fingers crossed for you and all!!

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2022, 09:22:25 AM »
Hopefully I've been active enough in the past few months :-). 

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2022, 09:26:54 AM »
Hopefully I've been active enough in the past few months :-).

Same here, I'm not sure what this year's requirements are, but I feel like I haven't met them. I hope I have. but feel scared nonetheless.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1766
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2022, 09:30:55 AM »
I wonder if the 'only' 2-day notice = LESS stress since it's only at most 48 hrs. of stress (plus, what, the extra weeks' waiting?).
FWIW, I live in San Diego and almost certainly will not be going after a hotel for me, but I am participating to help out my group and even I'm a bit stressed  :P

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1881
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »
I wonder if the 'only' 2-day notice = LESS stress since it's only at most 48 hrs. of stress (plus, what, the extra weeks' waiting?).
FWIW, I live in San Diego and almost certainly will not be going after a hotel for me, but I am participating to help out my group and even I'm a bit stressed  :P
Actually I'm viewing it as 48 hours + 2 years worth of stress all jammed into a 48 hour time period!

And then it's another 5 days until the confirmations roll out.

So...2 years + 5 days + 48 hours of stress :D
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Ugh, I got so stressed about 9-9:15AM tomorrow that I forgot about the 5 (or 12 if you're unlucky) days of waiting! The waiting is BRUTAL. At least now they tell you which day... didn't they used to not tell us exactly how long the wait would be? I have distinct memories of frantically refreshing my email in a car on the freeway while my husband drove...