Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Hotel Discussion  (Read 57953 times)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: SDCC 2022 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #990 on: July 20, 2022, 10:28:56 PM »
The union and HBF reached an agreement tonight! Things should be back to normal tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #991 on: July 21, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »
Has anyone checked in earlier than the time they say to check in like 3PM?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #992 on: Today at 08:00:48 AM »

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #992 on: July 21, 2022, 10:21:33 AM »
Yes, I checked in two hours early yesterday. It can’t hurt to ask and if the say no you can leave your bags with the bellman until you are ready to check in.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #993 on: July 21, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
Yes I checked in at 9 yesterday and the room was ready :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kamisbutterfly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 81
« Reply #994 on: July 25, 2022, 01:39:11 PM »
Is it too soon to leave hotel feedback in the hotels reviews thread? I really want to share my disappointing experience staying at the Hardrock.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #995 on: July 25, 2022, 01:43:02 PM »
Is it too soon to leave hotel feedback in the hotels reviews thread? I really want to share my disappointing experience staying at the Hardrock.
I stayed there a few years ago but I had a friend stay there this year and she was charged $15 to replace her misplaced key card
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #996 on: July 25, 2022, 01:43:54 PM »
Oooh, I wanna hear...

I went to Fandom Thursday night and walking around there it was soooooo loud, I don't know how peeps there slept...so I'd love to hear it all!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #997 on: July 25, 2022, 01:45:21 PM »
I stayed there a few years ago but I had a friend stay there this year and she was charged $15 to replace her misplaced key card

That is one of the craziest hotel charges I’ve ever heard of.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #998 on: July 25, 2022, 01:49:15 PM »
It's never too soon! I just got back home, so I had not had a chance to put up the reminders

Leave your review in this thread. The first post has the format.

Then I will add it to the review thread.

(You can talk about it here, too - since you got everyone curious LOL)
Ang

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #999 on: July 25, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »
That is one of the craziest hotel charges I’ve ever heard of.
Especially since I lost count of how many times the Bayfront replaced my missing,lost, or forgotten keycard d. My only complaints for Hilton Bayfront ,well outside of the one day housekeeping strike, was the digital key wouldn’t work for elevator lkike it said it would, and I couldn’t get a late check out.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline kamisbutterfly

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1000 on: July 25, 2022, 03:20:18 PM »
It's never too soon! I just got back home, so I had not had a chance to put up the reminders

Leave your review in this thread. The first post has the format.

Then I will add it to the review thread.

(You can talk about it here, too - since you got everyone curious LOL)

Oh ok! I just didn't want to leave a long rant of a post lol. It's was just generally a bad experience at that hotel where the only good thing I can say about the hotel was that it was close to the con center. I can share a few highlights.
It started even before I checked in. I drove there and it was an adventure to get to valet. They didn't believe me that i was staying there. I had my email, reservation but i figured they were just being strict.Than upon check in they wanted to charge $25 a day for wifi and amenities like the pool, gym, 207 lounge etc. All those amenities are closed because some celebrities are staying there and some of those have been reserved for parties. I tild her that too and front desk agent just laughed. I have their rewards program and the front desk agent said she never heard of the program when i mentioned it to her. Her manager came and said the rewards program doesn't do anything . I am like ok well thanks for letting me know. Also we weren't allowed to wait in the lobby. I was waiting for a friend for dinner and the hotel staff said I can't wait in the lobby and sent me to my room. She says go back upstairs or wait outside! I've never stayed at a hotel where the lobby is forbidden to wait in. Day 2 I was only allowed to use 1 elevator because the other 2 were just for celebrities. I thought ok whatever but than the day of EW party they wouldn't me use any of the elevators to get to my room on the 7th floor. They told me to go to the other end of the hotel and use those or take the stairs. When I tried to take the car out they said they weren't taking valet calls because of the party. So I paid 50 a night to have my car trapped behind celebrities cars. Checkout time came and I asked for bell service and no one came. Called again and the guy said oh we forgot we are busy. At this point I just want to leave and get my car from valet but plot twist they aren't 0taking valet calls. So me and my group go downstairs finally get a guy to find our car. 3 trips up and down to get our stuff in the car. I should mentioned that I tried to checked out like 5 times and never got my bill. I finally get a txt 3 hours later saying I checked out. I will never stay at the Hardrock again. I will say that most people staying there were industry people but the hotel needs to decide if they want to be a celebrity hotel like The Pendry or a half assed hotel experience for us regular folks.
Edit to add that the hotel was insanely noisy at all times of the day! You know your hotel stay was bad when the noise level wasn't even the worst thing about the stay. And l never received my hotel folio. I emailed them already.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:38:12 PM by kamisbutterfly »

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #1001 on: July 25, 2022, 03:43:33 PM »
Holy shnikies! That warrants an email thread as well as a social media rant (whichever networks work) to bubble that story up. I mean, that's almost criminal to charge that kinda money and then that's the experience you get...just wow.

Offline kamisbutterfly

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1002 on: July 25, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »
Holy shnikies! That warrants an email thread as well as a social media rant (whichever networks work) to bubble that story up. I mean, that's almost criminal to charge that kinda money and then that's the experience you get...just wow.
I probably should have said something to them but i just didn't want to be that person. I tried to be understanding but my patience only went so far. I just don't like the feeling of being treated like this. I hope my experience will help and save others from going through this in the future.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #1003 on: July 25, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »
I probably should have said something to them but i just didn't want to be that person. I tried to be understanding but my patience only went so far. I just don't like the feeling of being treated like this. I hope my experience will help and save others from going through this in the future.
Well, this makes it easy...taking Hard Rock off the list going forward...that's just awful.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
« Reply #1004 on: July 25, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »
Oh ok! I just didn't want to leave a long rant of a post lol. It's was just generally a bad experience at that hotel where the only good thing I can say about the hotel was that it was close to the con center. I can share a few highlights.
It started even before I checked in. I drove there and it was an adventure to get to valet. They didn't believe me that i was staying there. I had my email, reservation but i figured they were just being strict.Than upon check in they wanted to charge $25 a day for wifi and amenities like the pool, gym, 207 lounge etc. All those amenities are closed because some celebrities are staying there and some of those have been reserved for parties. I tild her that too and front desk agent just laughed. I have their rewards program and the front desk agent said she never heard of the program when i mentioned it to her. Her manager came and said the rewards program doesn't do anything . I am like ok well thanks for letting me know. Also we weren't allowed to wait in the lobby. I was waiting for a friend for dinner and the hotel staff said I can't wait in the lobby and sent me to my room. She says go back upstairs or wait outside! I've never stayed at a hotel where the lobby is forbidden to wait in. Day 2 I was only allowed to use 1 elevator because the other 2 were just for celebrities. I thought ok whatever but than the day of EW party they wouldn't me use any of the elevators to get to my room on the 7th floor. They told me to go to the other end of the hotel and use those or take the stairs. When I tried to take the car out they said they weren't taking valet calls because of the party. So I paid 50 a night to have my car trapped behind celebrities cars. Checkout time came and I asked for bell service and no one came. Called again and the guy said oh we forgot we are busy. At this point I just want to leave and get my car from valet but plot twist they aren't 0taking valet calls. So me and my group go downstairs finally get a guy to find our car. 3 trips up and down to get our stuff in the car. I should mentioned that I tried to checked out like 5 times and never got my bill. I finally get a txt 3 hours later saying I checked out. I will never stay at the Hardrock again. I will say that most people staying there were industry people but the hotel needs to decide if they want to be a celebrity hotel like The Pendry or a half assed hotel experience for us regular folks.
Edit to add that the hotel was insanely noisy at all times of the day! You know your hotel stay was bad when the noise level wasn't even the worst thing about the stay. And l never received my hotel folio. I emailed them already.
I’ve stayed there a few times and it’s always like that. I was there again this year and I’m over it, won’t be going back. No one was rude to me but that’s probably only bc I have stayed there enough to “know my place” and follow their rules. It doesn’t feel nice to be treated that way. There are a lot of other hotels, several just as close to the convention center, and all of them offer  better amenities to con goers, I’ll be giving them my business instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk