Author Topic: Ace Parking for SDCC 2022  (Read 18194 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: Ace Parking for SDCC 2022
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2022, 04:02:04 PM »
I'm open to accepting a Group 3 from anybody if you find anything better.  I only need parking for Saturday and Sunday (maybe also Friday).  I just have a Sunday badge this year.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2022, 04:12:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm open to accepting a Group 3 from anybody if you find anything better.  I only need parking for Saturday and Sunday (maybe also Friday).  I just have a Sunday badge this year.
Lets see how it group 1 sale plays out. I'm not confident on the size of the groups or the amount of spaces offered.

rebroadcasting for folks just tuning in

form to submit

view the submissions

I WILL be occasionally sorting this sheet on post count.

Responses are editable once you find parking! Please come back and edit the form

Let me know if there's a problem with this set up. I'm new to forms & feeding them into sheets.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 06:05:24 PM »

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2022, 04:14:57 PM »
Don't i have ever been skunked this bad before by ACE.  I really think they held back parking for the general sale.  Its the only thing that can explain how so few people seem to get anything.  I also remember during the last SDCC parking sale even group two was getting under con parking which had never happened before.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline kamisbutterfly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 81
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2022, 05:04:23 PM »
I got a group 2 and 3. I only did 3 requests so I figured I had no chance but parking gods are a strange bunch!

I honestly feel like even with group 3 you will still have a good chance.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2022, 07:35:27 PM »
I got all group 4, oof.

Edit: I honestly don't want under the con parking, I've heard it's a massive pain to get out of during peak times. I usually aim for HBF parking structure parking.

Anyone checkout yet?  What's the convenience fee?

Sale doesn't open to group 1 until June 20th, so we still don't know the convenience fee. If I'm recalling right though, it was like $7/day at one point though (or am I mixing this up with something else... I feel like it's pretty steep though considering.)

Yet another edit: I would go check my prior parking passes, but I'm fairly certain they went to a defunct email address...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:51:35 PM by Iris »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2022, 08:04:44 PM »
Don't i have ever been skunked this bad before by ACE.  I really think they held back parking for the general sale.  Its the only thing that can explain how so few people seem to get anything.  I also remember during the last SDCC parking sale even group two was getting under con parking which had never happened before.
It's hard telling: sometimes a lot of people on a forum just get cruddy luck.  Sometimes I've gotten really lucky w/this, sometimes I strike out.  This year I've unfortunately struck out: I hope that I get lucky with help here, especially with a little one who plans his whole year around Comic-Con (down to outfits!). 
We'll see :-X

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2022, 08:09:03 PM »
I haven’t used Ace Parking with a rental car before, does the purchase site ask for make/model or car and license plate? What would you enter for a rental car?

We went in a rental car one year and it was no problem. I believe they do ask you for details about your car, but I just listed our usual vehicle and figured I would explain it to the parking attendant if they asked. But no one ever questioned it.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2022, 09:26:56 PM »
We went in a rental car one year and it was no problem. I believe they do ask you for details about your car, but I just listed our usual vehicle and figured I would explain it to the parking attendant if they asked. But no one ever questioned it.

To follow up on this, their FAQ says that once you know the car info to update the car info in your online SpACE account/website. I'm pretty sure I ended up using a different care one year than one I registered with and it wasn't questioned at all though. It does seem a bit ridiculous with the number of people who come in from out of town and may not know what license plate until the day of sometimes...
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2022, 10:05:51 PM »
It's hard telling: sometimes a lot of people on a forum just get cruddy luck.  Sometimes I've gotten really lucky w/this, sometimes I strike out.  This year I've unfortunately struck out: I hope that I get lucky with help here, especially with a little one who plans his whole year around Comic-Con (down to outfits!). 
We'll see :-X

it's not just us
the facebook group also got less then they expected

ace has changed their formula. We just need to figure out the new formula. The spaces won't go empty, the question is how will they be distributed.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2022, 10:19:33 PM »
I got lucky; one Group 1 and 3 “not selected.” I’m relieved, my dad’s in his eighties so I’m hoping to avoid a super long walk at the beginning of our days.

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2022, 10:40:53 PM »

Sale doesn't open to group 1 until June 20th, so we still don't know the convenience fee. If I'm recalling right though, it was like $7/day at one point though (or am I mixing this up with something else... I feel like it's pretty steep though considering.)

Yet another edit: I would go check my prior parking passes, but I'm fairly certain they went to a defunct email address...

The 2019 parking thread mentions $7.95 for the convenience fee. So somewhere around there? We'll know more next Monday!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2022, 07:52:51 AM »
I got lucky; one Group 1 and 3 “not selected.” I’m relieved, my dad’s in his eighties so I’m hoping to avoid a super long walk at the beginning of our days.

I've heard about 2 winners for group 1's, a couple of group 2's, and a fair amount of group 3's

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2022, 08:33:08 AM »
I've heard about 2 winners for group 1's, a couple of group 2's, and a fair amount of group 3's
I wonder if each group is equally sized. Guess we'll find out over the next few weeks.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2022, 09:17:29 AM »
I wonder if each group is equally sized. Guess we'll find out over the next few weeks.

I know 5 winners of Group 1 and all of them submitted their email addresses either on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning last week.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 09:55:53 AM by f22raptor »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2022, 09:24:14 AM »
so in the interest of finding out the stats for winning.....
I've generated a FORM   :D

it is anonymous, just the numbers

There are two pages, iow, click the next button to enter your results