Author Topic: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange  (Read 14577 times)

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
Re: SDCC 2022: FoCC Hotel Exchange
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2022, 10:11:29 AM »
Can the Onpeak link be shared to others going to San Diego with you or this a link with unique identifier? l

-MM

Offline dianosaurus

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2022, 10:15:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Actually I'm viewing it as 48 hours + 2 years worth of stress all jammed into a 48 hour time period!

And then it's another 5 days until the confirmations roll out.

So...2 years + 5 days + 48 hours of stress :D

You're telling me - I woke up this morning in a panic thinking it was Thursday past 9 am and I missed the sale...it was 6:30 am on a Wednesday :-[

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #152 on: Today at 01:32:55 AM »

Offline magicalme7

• Sails Pavilion
    • Follow me on IG
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2022, 10:21:34 AM »
Can someone clarify what the whole 3% is about?

I am hoping I can try while I am on a plane to Boston tomorrow morning but am also asking my son to try and possibly husband if he can get away from work for a bit - if we all get in by chance - and do our hotel selects - we have to enter a CC? and they take out money then? And if we end up NOT getting whatever hotel they give us do we still get charged? This is all new since I tried in 2019 and wasnt selected to get a hotel so just want to make sure I understand the process. Thanks.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2022, 10:29:10 AM »
Can someone clarify what the whole 3% is about?

I am hoping I can try while I am on a plane to Boston tomorrow morning but am also asking my son to try and possibly husband if he can get away from work for a bit - if we all get in by chance - and do our hotel selects - we have to enter a CC? and they take out money then? And if we end up NOT getting whatever hotel they give us do we still get charged? This is all new since I tried in 2019 and wasnt selected to get a hotel so just want to make sure I understand the process. Thanks.

Absolutely no money will change hands tomorrow. You just submit your form(s) and that's it. There's no credit card information on the form.

On 5/3/22 (or 5/10/22 if you're in the second round), you will (hopefully) receive an email letting you know your hotel assignment. At that point you will need to login to OnPeak (or create an account, or reset your password, or whatever) and CONFIRM your reservation by giving them a credit card and authorizing them to charge the hotel deposit and, this year, a non-refundable 3% credit card processing fee.

The fee is new but it's just added on to the make-the-deposit step of the process. That step does not happen tomorrow.

Offline magicalme7

• Sails Pavilion
    • Follow me on IG
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2022, 10:31:30 AM »
Absolutely no money will change hands tomorrow. You just submit your form(s) and that's it. There's no credit card information on the form.

On 5/3/22 (or 5/10/22 if you're in the second round), you will (hopefully) receive an email letting you know your hotel assignment. At that point you will need to login to OnPeak (or create an account, or reset your password, or whatever) and CONFIRM your reservation by giving them a credit card and authorizing them to charge the hotel deposit and, this year, a non-refundable 3% credit card processing fee.

The fee is new but it's just added on to the make-the-deposit step of the process. That step does not happen tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the clarification.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2022, 10:51:01 AM »
Hopefully I've been active enough in the past few months :-).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The requirements were based on lifetime activity. Given the cancellation of SDCC for the past 2 years, many of our members haven't been on the site.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »
The FoCC SDCC Hotel Exchange section of the forum is now open. If you are interested in participating in the Hotel Exchange, please check out this area.

Please note that the Hotel Exchange section is a private area of the forum that is only visible to eligible members. Eligibility has already been determined and was made based on members' activity levels. If you are not able to see the private area, then you did not meet the criteria. The list of eligible members will not be changed, and no more people will be added to the area for this year. To be a part of the Hotel Exchange next year, please remain on the forum and contribute, to become an active member. We understand that many members have not been on the forums since 2020. The criteria were based on lifetime activity, so this should not impact anyone's access. We welcome all of our members back to the forums.

It is not in the nature of FoCC to exclude people. The forums are open to all and we encourage new members to join. However, over the past few hotel exchanges we have noticed a trend of people coming to the forum only for the hotel exchange and this caused some serious security concerns, since there is a lot of private information involved in these exchanges. Our priority (and the reason the Hotel Exchange was created in the first place) is to give back to the active forum members who contribute to the community as a whole. We strongly encourage new members to stick around and become involved in everything else the forum has to offer. This site is a great resource of information for all things Comic Con, and as SDCC approaches there will be many threads about a wide variety of topics, from programming and offsites to cosplay and packing. You do not have to be a part of the Hotel Exchange to be a part of FoCC.

We understand that some may be disappointed to not be a part of the Hotel Exchange. We hope that you will stick around and be a part of the exchange with us next year.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2022, 11:03:13 AM »
Can the Onpeak link be shared to others going to San Diego with you or this a link with unique identifier? l

-MM

NOT a unique link! If I recall, they usually post the link on the main site once it goes live.

As a press attendee, my badge hasn't been officially confirmed yet, so I had to rely on someone forwarding me the email.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »
The FoCC SDCC Hotel Exchange section of the forum is now open. If you are interested in participating in the Hotel Exchange, please check out this area.

Please note that the Hotel Exchange section is a private area of the forum that is only visible to eligible members. Eligibility has already been determined and was made based on members' activity levels. If you are not able to see the private area, then you did not meet the criteria. The list of eligible members will not be changed, and no more people will be added to the area for this year. To be a part of the Hotel Exchange next year, please remain on the forum and contribute, to become an active member. We understand that many members have not been on the forums since 2020. The criteria were based on lifetime activity, so this should not impact anyone's access. We welcome all of our members back to the forums.

It is not in the nature of FoCC to exclude people. The forums are open to all and we encourage new members to join. However, over the past few hotel exchanges we have noticed a trend of people coming to the forum only for the hotel exchange and this caused some serious security concerns, since there is a lot of private information involved in these exchanges. Our priority (and the reason the Hotel Exchange was created in the first place) is to give back to the active forum members who contribute to the community as a whole. We strongly encourage new members to stick around and become involved in everything else the forum has to offer. This site is a great resource of information for all things Comic Con, and as SDCC approaches there will be many threads about a wide variety of topics, from programming and offsites to cosplay and packing. You do not have to be a part of the Hotel Exchange to be a part of FoCC.

We understand that some may be disappointed to not be a part of the Hotel Exchange. We hope that you will stick around and be a part of the exchange with us next year.

Thank you so much!  At first I thought I didn't meet the requirement and didn't see the section, then double-checked and found it.  Thank you all so much!  One never knows how crazy this can be.

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 178
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2022, 11:30:16 AM »
Don't see the section. Guess I didn't make it again this year. Bummer. I participated in for several years through 2018. I hope I have better luck with onpeak than here. Blah.

Offline SlmDiva30

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2022, 12:07:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I can't tell if I am in or not. Let me know I cool with the decision either way. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything I should be seeing since this is my first time trying to do this with the Exchange. If I didn't get in, I wish everyone good luck! Have a great day!

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2022, 12:12:43 PM »
Don't see the section. Guess I didn't make it again this year. Bummer. I participated in for several years through 2018. I hope I have better luck with onpeak than here. Blah.

There's so much to these forums.  Just keep participating, you'll realize some of the friendships you make here will last forever. I've made friends here that I will never forget. Just keep posting and you'll be part of the exchange next year.

Offline scottydizzy

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2022, 12:16:25 PM »

As a press attendee, my badge hasn't been officially confirmed yet, so I had to rely on someone forwarding me the email.

Does this mean anyone without a badge does not get the hotel email? I did not get the hotel email and I am one of the Professionals that is waiting for the new registration window since the 2020 show was cancelled before I was able to secure my badge and subsequently choose to roll it over.

Cheers,
~S
Monsterpalooza - Burbank 2014-15, Pasadena 2016-19
Star Wars Celebration - L.A. 2007, Anaheim 2015
WonderCon - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (L.A.), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2022, 12:17:04 PM »
The Hotel Exchange section is immediately below this one (SDCC Housing, Parking and transportation). If you do not see it there, you did not meet the requirements.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »
The hotel exchange forum is now closed, as the hotel lottery is over.

Thank you to everyone who participated!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...