Author Topic: PSA: Please fill out our survey of Hotel Lottery Results!  (Read 6766 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
PSA: Please fill out our survey of Hotel Lottery Results!
« on: April 28, 2022, 03:13:30 PM »
UPDATE:  The form is now closed. Results have been tabulated and you can see them here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The form is ready. Please fill out the form!

Anyone who has not already done so may fill out the form. If you did not get a response yet from OnPeak (or if you got an email stating that you are on the waitlist) you can also fill out the form.

***Original Post***

Some of you may recall that in the past, the FoCC Blog has written articles analyzing the hotel lottery results. Unfortunately, the author of those articles has not returned to FoCC since the pandemic began. As such, I'm going to attempt to fill his (very large) shoes.

After the hotel results come out, I'm going to attempt to gather data and write up the results in an article. Please look for a form link to fill out starting May 3.

One crucial component of this form will be your access time (including seconds) to the request form. Please determine that time NOW, so that we can have the most accurate data.

Here is some information from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to assist in determiing your access time. You can also check out your browsing history for exact for access time.

If you're using the Chrome browser, there is a tool from nirsoft called chromecacheview that will show you the full browser cache.
For the entry timestamp, you're looking for a cache entry with a URL that starts with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
For the submission timestamp, you're looking for a cache entry with the URL You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:29:12 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
Re: PSA: Please make a note of your Hotel form Access Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 03:20:34 PM »
Unless ur a dingus like me that had private browsers running so no history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: PSA: Please fill out our survey of Hotel Lottery Results!
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:10:09 AM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 03:41:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Just FYI, "chromecacheview" doesn't seem to be available on the Chrome Web Store anymore. I even tried to search for "Nirsoft" but came up with no results.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Just FYI, "chromecacheview" doesn't seem to be available on the Chrome Web Store anymore. I even tried to search for "Nirsoft" but came up with no results.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    Do you have a suggestion for this?

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 04:04:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    Do you have a suggestion for this?
It's there

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 04:06:11 PM »
Unfortunately it seems those of us using iphones will not have reliable data.  I have not been able to find a way to access time stamp on history from safari on iphone.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »
Unfortunately it seems those of us using iphones will not have reliable data.  I have not been able to find a way to access time stamp on history from safari on iphone.

Please just do the best you can. Any data we have is helpful, and the more the better!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 04:18:54 PM »
It's there

Ah thanks. I thought it was a Chrome extension, and so was looking at the Chrome Web Store, not an external utility. Unfortunately, the browser that got into the hotel form this morning was on a MacBook Pro, so I can't use that utility since it's Windows only.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2022, 04:45:45 PM »
Hmmmm, Browser history says 9:01 but no further details , so I'm not sure if it's rounding up or down.

I tried using Chrome cache view and switched the folder to my browser "Brave" and searched for "onpeak" but no luck
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2022, 05:49:34 PM »
I was on my Mac, on Chrome.  I don't speak computer, but this is how I got my data:

If I click on History on the toolbar at the top, and then Show Full History at the bottom.  That opens a page with all my clicks from the day, in chronological order back to the morning.  I can then see what time I logged into the waiting room, and when I submitted.  I noted my entry time to the form when it happened.  But this may help some get their submission time, at least.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 07:59:39 AM by TardisMom »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2022, 06:29:48 PM »
I was using Edge and my sister got in on her phone browser, so unfortunately I can't provide second level detail, but we both got in before 9:01. (Edge shows me an access time of 9 am, but nothing in terms of seconds).

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 07:24:20 PM »
Unfortunately, it looks like I got in on my first form with Edge (I'm pretty sure) and I can't seem to find any tools or programs that will display more detailed information other than what I'm seeing as when I got into the waiting room. mscommunity says you can't do it default via browser settings either.

I can say though that I got in at basically the exact time my friend sent a discord message (stamped 9:00) that she'd gotten into the form. I remember I was checking seconds and thinking, "Wow there's still a good chunk of the minute left until 9:01," and I saw the window load the form. I was completely distracted after that, so I didn't think to record the seconds.

Sorry I can't give any further detailed information. The other option was that I got in using ie (yes, I had one of those open to just try it) and I'm equally clueless as to how to get info from that other than when I first landed on the site.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 07:29:04 PM »
So I was able to get a more accurate time on my MacBook with Chrome. Steps (should work on Windows too):

• Open the history panel (CMD-Y on Mac or CTRL-H on Windows)
  • Scroll to the first instance of "Comic-Con 2022 cci.onpeak.info"
  • Right click on the timestamp (eg. "9:02") and click on "Inspect"
  • A new window should open with the HTML markup, and you should see "Time accessed"

EDIT: Just found a simpler way. Do steps 1 & 2 as above, and just hover your cursor over the timestamp for 2-3 seconds.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 07:44:07 PM by accelerate »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 07:45:11 PM »
Unfortunately, it looks like I got in on my first form with Edge (I'm pretty sure) and I can't seem to find any tools or programs that will display more detailed information other than what I'm seeing as when I got into the waiting room. mscommunity says you can't do it default via browser settings either.

I can say though that I got in at basically the exact time my friend sent a discord message (stamped 9:00) that she'd gotten into the form. I remember I was checking seconds and thinking, "Wow there's still a good chunk of the minute left until 9:01," and I saw the window load the form. I was completely distracted after that, so I didn't think to record the seconds.

Sorry I can't give any further detailed information. The other option was that I got in using ie (yes, I had one of those open to just try it) and I'm equally clueless as to how to get info from that other than when I first landed on the site.
Since Edge is a Chrome Browser, you can still use ChromeCacheViewer from NirSoft to view the cache.
Use edge://version in the address bar to find the Profile Path and use that to select the cache folder in the viewer.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »
I was on my Mac, on Chrome.  I don't speak computer, but this is how I got my data:

If I click on History on the toolbar at the top, and then Show Full History at the bottom.  That opens a page with all my clicks from the day, in chronological order back to the morning.  I can then see what time I logged into the waiting room, and when I submitted.  I noted my entry time to the form when it happened (I had an extension to let me know).  But this may help some get their submission time, at least.
Thanks for posting this- I was able to find my times on my macbook. I used Safari (old laptop it was the first browser that got in). Found the library in my HD and did a search for "history". Then I clicked the list view to show the times. It showed the access to waiting room and when got in to the form (and submit etc). This helped allay my worries. Got in a little quicker since I forgot to look at time. Keeping fingers crossed for all!