Author Topic: SDCC: Looking for a Roommate 2023  (Read 2951 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
SDCC: Looking for a Roommate 2023
« on: April 17, 2023, 03:17:09 PM »

Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for San Diego Comic-Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests onlyConversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at Comic-Con 2016.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)
(or) 
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:
If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
1. Go to the person's post in this thread.
2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST ON THE FORUMS
1. Click on "Modify" at the top right corner area of your post.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the icon on the bottom right area of your post.
3. Edit the text as necessary.
4. Click "Save."
5. That's it!  You have successfully edited your post.  (This method works for any of your posts on the forums. ^__~)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
Re: SDCC: Looking for a Roommate 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 06:41:27 PM »
Updated 5-19-2023. Thank you - all spaces have been filled.
Updated 5-6-2023. I have space for one more roommate, preferably a woman. Right now there are three women in the room.

Name: Eternal Zan
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, 333 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101. Two double beds. This is right next to the convention center.
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt, 1 Market Pl, San Diego, CA 92101. Two double beds.
Days: Tuesday, July 18 - checkout morning of Monday, July 24. Dates can be changed as needed.
Price Per Night: $100 per night.
Smoking/Drinking: I have asthma so non-smokers only. Drinking is okay.
Spaces: My room has two double beds. I'm looking for a total of three roommates. Everyone gets bed space, no one sleeps on the floor. This means two people will share each bed.

Age Preference of Roommates: Age 21+ required.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed or all-female is fine
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a GenX woman who lives in Florida. I will be flying in so I won't have much luggage. I'm a longtime convention attendee who likes to attend panels in Hall H. I've also been to all of the Star Wars Celebrations in Orlando, MegaCon Orlando, various Creation events in Florida, Dragon Con in Atlanta, and many more.

DM me with your email address and Facebook contact info if you have it. Also please mention any of your room requirements or deal-breakers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:57:21 PM by EternalZan »
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:11:54 PM »

Offline Raccacoonie

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 01:49:47 PM »
Name: Raccacoonie
Name of Hotel: SD Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday July 19 - Sunday July 23 (4 nights)
Price Per Night: $150 (600 Total)
Smoking/Drinking: no smoking, moderate drinking is ok.
Spaces: Looking for one roommate to add to a triple occupancy who will have their own bed and be listed on the room.

Age Preference of Roommates: no preference
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: Couple from northern CA, who has attended CC most years since 2011 that will spend most days in Hall H. Looking for a roommate who is neat and quiet during the late hours.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:25:02 PM by Raccacoonie »

Offline daebakhawk

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 08:53:57 PM »

Name: Shel
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Holiday Inn Bayside
Days: check-in July 19th, checkout Monday July 24th
Price Per Night: $50
Smoking/Drinking: No, smoking, drinking is okay
Spaces: We have 1 floor space available

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: all female
Include a brief description about yourself: We are a pretty calm bunch, 1 of us is a volunteer so may have to wake up early to make their assignments. We like to talk to in the room after the con about what went on but otherwise are pretty quiet. As long as you don't bring other people to the room everything should be fine.

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 11:05:49 PM »
[LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Teppope
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday July 19 to Sunday July 23
Price Per Night: $140 for five days or total of $700 ($350 upfront and $350 on Saturday)
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking (non smoking room) No drinking in room
Spaces: Have double occupancy. It will be me and my friend. She sleeps on the one bed, and I sleep in a sleeping bag, so there is one bed available for you. Looking for one extra person to make us 3 in the room.

Age Preference of Roommates: No preference but prefer someone mature of mind
Gender Preference of Roommates: Prefer female, but had male roommate last year, so male roommate will be considered as well.
Include a brief description about yourself: My friend and I go to SDCC every year. We usually room with someone. We are usually out early and back to the room late.
Additional preferences for roommates: We prefer someone who is friendly, respectful, and kind. Someone who does not steal. No bringing anyone back to the room. No drinking. No drugs. No stealing. No being too loud. No weapons of any kind. Please be clean and keep your own area clean.

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 05:39:02 AM by teppope »

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 01:26:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Name: Raccacoonie
Name of Hotel: SD Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday July 19 - Sunday July 23 (4 nights)
Price Per Night: $150 (600 Total)
Smoking/Drinking: no smoking, moderate drinking is ok.
Spaces: Looking for one roommate to add to a triple occupancy who will have their own bed and be listed on the room.

Age Preference of Roommates: no preference
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: Couple from northern CA, who has attended CC most years since 2011 that will spend most days in Hall H. Looking for a roommate who is neat and quiet during the late hours.

Sent a message.

Offline Rumina

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 03:51:17 PM »

Name: Rumina Discord:Ruminaasagi
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Mariott Gaslamp
Days: 7/19 to 7/23 (W-Su)
Price Per Night: Total Hotel Price was $1400 for a Room with 2 Beds. Would like to split down the middle for 1 other would not like to exceed 2 more people.
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoking room, drink is fine in moderation.
Spaces: Looking for roomates and want a bed to myself. Do not want to exceed 2 more people.

Age Preference of Roommates: No one under 18 without corresponding adult family member.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: SDCC vet, my 19th year! Male who is looking for a roommates after friend had to cancel after being stuck with work. I am an active member of the SDCC reddit discord community who will hopefully vet me. I plan on leaving the room early and arriving only to shower and sleep at night.
Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for roommate/roommates who can be quiet if people are sleeping and will respect the room and each other.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 03:58:52 PM by Rumina »