Author Topic: Military lodging  (Read 7937 times)

Offline danieljose83

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Military lodging
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
Hey everyone!

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.

Saw Alyssa's link on Facebook.  Joined it and wanted to pass on some info that I posted on Facebook for any active duty military people who plan/are going to Comic Con this year.  Check out this sight:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It'll give you a listing of base lodging.  As of today, the top link (Naval Base San Diego) has rooms available. 

Now, this is ONLY for active duty military (also Retired military) not for NON military.  Rates are INSANELY low. 

If you have questions, let me know.  I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. 

Thanks!  And see you all at Comic Con!

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Re: Military lodging
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »
Also, the Navy Lodge at NAS North Island on Coronado is right on the beach though there is no trolley service nearby.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:45:07 PM »

Offline danieljose83

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
If anyone has more info about the lodging or travel to and from lodging, please add to it!   Don't know much about the area, 1st time to Comic Con

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »
32nd street naval station has at least two, maybe three trolley stops right outside the gates to the base. Trolley runs from about 4am til 1 am, so it you are staying later you'll need to cab it back.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:57:01 AM »
32nd street naval station has at least two, maybe three trolley stops right outside the gates to the base. Trolley runs from about 4am til 1 am, so it you are staying later you'll need to cab it back.

theres only 1 outside the gate on the dryside

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
    • my music, my love
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
Carlo, right you are! I'm thinking of Bay, Pacific Fleet, and 8th as the stops I've used, I thought one of those are right by the naval rentals.

Offline aaronvasquez12

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
Hey everyone! I am attending Comic-Con for the first time this year with my sister and was wondering a few things. First off, I'm staying at Navy Lodge North Island and was wondering the best way to get to the event from there. Should I take a shot at parking when they go on sale or just find an alternate means of getting there?

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
Hey everyone! I am attending Comic-Con for the first time this year with my sister and was wondering a few things. First off, I'm staying at Navy Lodge North Island and was wondering the best way to get to the event from there. Should I take a shot at parking when they go on sale or just find an alternate means of getting there?

you can try for parking passes or just take the ferry from straight to the convention cent You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline firestar

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »
Anyone know anything about Coronado South? Obviously North Island is booked and since this is also an anniversary weekend for us, we want something fairly decent. I can't find anything on it except a couple pictures and info saying it MIGHT include a kitchenette, microwave, etc. It's so cheap it's hard to not be tempted! I just wish I knew more about what it looked like, how nice it was, how long it takes to get to things, etc. Any info at all would be helpful! Thanks!

Offline firestar

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »
Or Point Loma? I heard some places don't have AC? Anyone know how easy it is to get from these places to Comic-Con or the beach, etc?

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
    • my music, my love
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
point loma isn't bad, just on the other side of the airport, and close to the bay/ocean. I worry about south Coronado though, if you don't have a car, the ferry runs from the island but doesn't run past dusk. Cab would work, but may be pricey.

Offline Daniel H

• Exhibit Hall
  • Hiya!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
I would stay in Point Loma - there are tons of places to eat there and it's pretty easy to get to Old Town and take the Trolley in or cab it. I have a friend that lives in OB (close to Point Loma) and when we go downtown she always takes the cab...but, if you do stay in Coronado, that is a LOOOONNNGGG cab ride if you stay out late. You get to go over the Coronado bridge, which is neat, but we're talking a $30 cab ride each way.
The church is near but the road is icy, the bar is far away but I will walk carefully.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 02:04:58 AM »
Coronado South is NAB Coronado where BUD/S is held just past the Hotel Del so the beach is right across the street.  Point Loma has sunset cliffs and ocean beach near by.  It is military lodging so dont expect much but there should be a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker.

Now the big question is do you have a car to use? I estimated the cab fare+trolley ticket for Point Loma to old town trolley station to the convention center and cab fare straight from NAB to the convention to be roughly the same price using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Of course they'll be jacking up the prices so around $30 will be about right for both each way.  If you have a car you can just drive to old town park there and use the trolley for $5 a day. 

Offline firestar

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »
I have a car but it looks like there is a pickup at a hotel right across the street from the gate- less than a mile from the Point Loma hotel. As far as I can tell we can just walk over there and take the shuttle? Our room is just a full bed so that might get interesting but it's so cheap, how can you beat that?