Author Topic: Have you booked your Hotel/apt?  (Read 30586 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Have you booked your Hotel/apt?
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I figured that I could just pay for a cab, or hop a shuttle from one of the other hotels. However, now that there's talk that there is a possibility you'll need to be a guest of a specific hotel on the route, I've been thinking about just getting a full refund and booking through the early bird sale at the Town and Country. I'd only end up paying about a $100 more.
I mean, I wouldn't MIND paying for a cab, it would just be nice to not have to spend the extra money on transport.
I'm currently leaning towards sticking with my hotel, but I'd like a fresh opinion on the matter. :)

You'd probably end up spending that extra $100 on cab fare, presuming you could find a cab. Play it safe and go with the Town and Country.

Offline Shezam

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
I booked my hotel in Old Town ages ago but I just clicked on the link that was posted for airbnb and found a one bedroom condo right across the street from CC for only $250 a night.  There are some great deals there for the folks that want to be close to the CC. 8)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 04:14:12 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
@Alyssa, thanks for the tip - that map by Zero is a godsend!!! I'm really grateful for all the SDCC veterans who have been so patient with answering my questions, and that of other newbies, even though we can get so repetitive.

Since my current hotel can still be cancelled I'll keep my fingers crossed for the March 29th Sale! :D
Aw, ha ha. I'm glad it helped. ^-^/  I'll try to make new reference graphics as it gets closer to Comic-Con--I've always found it's easier to see things laid out on a diagram than in a laundry list of names and/or addresses. ^-^

On another note, if you're staying near a trolley stop, you can get an MTS Trolley pass.  It basically works for any trolley in the San Diego area (Blue, Orange, Green, and Special Event Red Lines).  They have four-day trolley passes for $15; they also have one-day, two-day, and three-day passes for varying prices--they even had a special, "limited edition" CCI-themed design on them if you got them early enough.

Definitely look into that when you're choosing hotels as well.  There's a thread about taking public transportation in San Diego (including the MTS Trolley) if you're interested in further reading: (broken link)

Hope that helps! ^-^d
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:56:29 PM by alyssa »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...