Author Topic: Post your questions about public transportation here  (Read 137582 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How stressful was taking the trolley into downtown? I'm waiting for my spot on the waitlist to see if I can get something closer, but I have a room in the Old Town area where the shuttles don't run.

It always worked fine for us in years where we had to catch it in Old Town. You are far enough away that you should be able to get on. If you try to catch it closer to downtown, say in Little Italy, some of the morning trolleys might be too packed. It'll be crowded of course.

Old Town also has one of those kiosks where they sell the special SDCC trolley/bus passes.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2016, 01:57:28 PM »
I noticed that the Comic-Con Trolly Passes are now listed in the MTS mTicket App.

Here are the details:

Individual days: 7/20, 7/21, 7/22, 7/23, 7/24 -> $5.50 each service day
2-day Pass: 7/23 thru 7/24 -> $10.00
3-day Pass: 7/22 thru 7/24 -> $13.00
4-day Pass: 7/21 thru 7/24 -> $16.00
5-day Pass: 7/20 thru 7/24 -> $20.00

More Information from SDMTS:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Additional information can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 06:42:49 PM »

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »
Awesome. Thank you both.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »
One thing to be aware of with the commemorative passes versus the mTicket ones is that, unless they change it this year, the paper passes can also be used for the buses while the mTicket is for the trolley only. Also, you can only get the commemorative pass from the kiosk or the Trolley Store, kiosks are cash only. 

Offline Abby_Normal

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
My buddy and I both just got our five-day trolley passes (we're staying at Town and Country). One less thing to worry about! Woohoo!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2016, 09:06:33 PM »
If you wait until Preview Night, in years past they sell cool collectible special trolley passes that are comic-con themed and they are discounted too.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline finerfeelings

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2016, 02:04:03 PM »
I'm not sure if my questions work in this topic, but here it goes: My sister and I decided to skip using the ACE Parking thing and to get to the convention center using the trolley.

I read from one site that one good option to take the trolley was to park your car at the San Diego airport economy lot and get to the nearest trolley stop (or get a taxi or Uber) to the convention center. I was wondering if anyone here might know of any other options of places to park that's nearby a green line trolley station that would be a somewhat secure place to park our car. Or do any San Diego locals here might know if there are any green line trolley stops where the designated parking lot is in a parking structure?

Thanks!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2016, 04:35:16 PM »
I'm not sure if my questions work in this topic, but here it goes: My sister and I decided to skip using the ACE Parking thing and to get to the convention center using the trolley.

I read from one site that one good option to take the trolley was to park your car at the San Diego airport economy lot and get to the nearest trolley stop (or get a taxi or Uber) to the convention center. I was wondering if anyone here might know of any other options of places to park that's nearby a green line trolley station that would be a somewhat secure place to park our car. Or do any San Diego locals here might know if there are any green line trolley stops where the designated parking lot is in a parking structure?

Thanks!

Here's a list of the MTS stations that have parking spaces available for commuters:

(Click on "Green Line" to find information about parking at stations along that particular trolley line.)

Generally speaking, most of the designated MTS parking spaces for trolley commuters are not covered or in a parking structure. 

If you click on the address locations of the Green Line trolley stations on the page I linked to, some of them have images of the parking area on Google Maps where you can get a better idea of what to expect.

Hope that helps!  ^__^d
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:37:50 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
One more thing. What's usually been the hours of operation for the trolleys during SDCC?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »
One more thing. What's usually been the hours of operation for the trolleys during SDCC?

If I recall from past years, it's usually somewhere between 5:30 AM-6:00 AM to 12:00 AM-1:00 AM for the Green Line.  MTS usually has extended hours for that particular trolley line, since it directly services the Gaslamp Quarter and San Diego Convention Center.

(Here's a recent article about it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Note the line: "For both All-Star Week and Comic-Con, Trolley service will operate on at least a 15 minute frequency (up to 7.5 minutes on select lines during peak event hours), and will run last train service after midnight, and as late as 1 a.m." 

*NOTE: Not all trolley lines will be running as late as 1:00 AM.

The Blue Line and Orange Line have operating hours roughly around the hours of 5:30-6:30 AM to 10:30-11:00 PM.

Disclaimer: That gives you a general idea of what the operating hours are, but please note that they may or may not change for this year's convention. 

Keep an eye out on the MTS Comic-Con page for more info in the upcoming weeks: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope that helps! ^__^d
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:41:38 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2016, 06:21:01 AM »
Thanks again. I think we're ready now!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2016, 06:59:01 PM »
In case you're interested in sharing an Uber, Lyft, taxi, or a carpool with a fellow forum member, we have a ride sharing thread available to help people figure out times, locations, and destinations:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:03:37 PM by Zero »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »
From ->

MTS, Uber team up for All-Star Game, Comic-Con

More trolleys and trains will be available for Tuesday’s All-Star Game, and Uber has struck up a partnership to be part of the deal. The Metropolitan Transit System is teaming up with Uber to give greater access to trolleys and Rapid service buses to both the game and Comic-Con International at the downtown Convention Center July 21-24. The partnership will offer a one-time discount of $5 for uberPOOL riders who use its service to arrive or depart from selected MTS Transit Centers. The idea, of course, is for people to leave their cars at home. UberPOOL riders enter the code MTSUBER and the discount is applied if they are picked up or dropped off at one of the centers:

-Trolley Transit Centers: Iris Avenue, H Street, Eighth Street, Barrio Logan, Euclid, Lemon Grove, Santee, El Cajon, Grossmont Center, 70th Street, SDSU, Mission San Diego, Mission Valley Center, Fashion Valley and Old Town.

-Rapid Transit Stations: Escondido, Rancho Bernardo, Sabre Springs, Miramar College and City Heights Transit Plaza.

For more information on this program and other MTS services, go to sdmts.com.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
Any issues with uber to/from the airport?

Sorry if it's been asked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Any issues with uber to/from the airport?

Sorry if it's been asked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This topic here discussed uber during Comic-Con previously

Ang