Author Topic: Post your questions about public transportation here  (Read 137507 times)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #315 on: July 03, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Comic-Con has updated their transportation pages for 2017

Here is the trolley info:

Link to MTS Comic-Con 2017 page mentioned above: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Link to MTS online trip planner: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is a look at this year's commemorative passes:

Line map:

Does anyone know if these passes also work for buses, or if they only work on the trolley?
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »
They work for everything MTS, so yes, buses too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 09:48:55 AM »

Offline Mike223

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Best way to get from La Jolla to convention center
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2017, 05:41:08 PM »
I will be staying at the Sheraton in La Jolla and will be dropped off. What is the best way to get to the convention center during the Con. Should I drive to a trolley stop and then to the convention center or just get dropped off in downtown? Thanks!

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
Re: Best way to get from La Jolla to convention center
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2017, 05:57:51 PM »
I will be staying at the Sheraton in La Jolla and will be dropped off. What is the best way to get to the convention center during the Con. Should I drive to a trolley stop and then to the convention center or just get dropped off in downtown? Thanks!

Two years ago, I had an emergency and had to drive home Preview Night, and drive back Thursday morning. I spent an hour alone, in downtown SD. I'd say beware of driving in downtown anywhere near the convention center. I was staying at the Omni that year, and like I said, it took me over an hour to get to the Omni. The trolley is a much smarter idea.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
MTS SDCC 2017: Join the League  video

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »
Since i dont ride bus alot i just get a day pass ea day, way of giving back for them allowing to use it on bus and trolley but gotta pay lil more to use on coaster i think.

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
Since i dont ride bus alot i just get a day pass ea day, way of giving back for them allowing to use it on bus and trolley but gotta pay lil more to use on coaster i think.
You can buy multiple day passes and save a little money

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2017, 10:50:45 AM »
Do u get them at a transit station or gotta buy from a machine ? i can try get from a station but not sure how ea day gonna go so i try by asking and thinking as much as possible.

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2017, 12:23:13 AM »
Is it weird if someone (me) takes the shuttle with the whole luggage from one hotel to another? Or should take the trolley instead?
 I'm taking a ride to SD, some friends are staying in mission valley and I'll stay in downtown. The traffic to downtown is insane in those days so I won't let them even try to drop me off in downtown

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:28 PM »
Is it weird if someone (me) takes the shuttle with the whole luggage from one hotel to another? Or should take the trolley instead?
 I'm taking a ride to SD, some friends are staying in mission valley and I'll stay in downtown. The traffic to downtown is insane in those days so I won't let them even try to drop me off in downtown

If the shuttle is like a charter or greyhound type bus and can put under bus then u can ask they do cause not be much room in bus. trolley may be easier cause u can put luggage besides in other seat or have to hold on to on lap or floor.

Offline rk23

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
Re: Best way to get from La Jolla to convention center
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2017, 05:11:46 PM »

I live close to there, and we usually park at Hazard Center or Qualcomm Stadium and take the trolley in.  You could not pay us enough to drive downtown, even for a dropoff.  Available seats dwindle quickly; if you're being dropped off, you might not have to go all the way out to Qualcomm (we go there mainly because the parking's easy), but do try to get on before Fashion Valley, because you'll certainly be standing by then and it's a pain to be sardined in.  We don't always get seats when we get on at Hazard Center, but we've never been crowded off the trolley entirely.   

If you do take the trolley, when you're going back in the evening, use the Gaslamp station -- the trolley WILL fill up there, and sometimes they can't squeeze anyone else on at the Convention Center station. 

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »
From what i read, it best to take a trolley early to the depot for a bus home or be ready to walk to depot cause of traffic and all. im trying to hang around con for job and check out what i can while i am downtown so day not wasted any. but bus home i gotta leave around 5 or 6 at nite so time to rest on ride home and recharge for teh next day lol.

TravT77

Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
Has anyone tried the UberX or UberXL? Trying to decide if I need to look into using that when traveling from airport to Gaslamp. Will have 2 large luggage, 2 carry-on. 2 people. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JC

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
Has anyone tried the UberX or UberXL? Trying to decide if I need to look into using that when traveling from airport to Gaslamp. Will have 2 large luggage, 2 carry-on. 2 people. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uber/Lyft will be pretty slammed during the con, but not too hard to find. Those are still generally the best option to get around. Depending on when you get in, expect to hit a wall when you get a few blocks from gaslamp. Fortunately Uber doesn't charge on time; a taxi bill could really ring up there.

The setup might be a bit tight on the UberX with that amount of luggage. The XL will definitely be enough if you do get it. Depending on how large the large luggages are you might be able to squeeze it on an X.

Offline Mike223

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
best trolley stop coming from La Jolla
« Reply #329 on: July 18, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
Staying in La jolla and plan to be dropped off at a trolley stop. What is the wisest stop to start my trip to the convention center and avoid traffic? Thanks.