Author Topic: Over the Phone Hotel Reservations  (Read 6573 times)

Offline elise

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Over the Phone Hotel Reservations
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »
Has anyone tried calling in for hotel reservations in the past few years? I have always done it online but have heard some people mention doing it over the phone. Anyone know if its better or worse or does anyone have any experience doing it? Would just like to know and see if its worth a shot. Thanks!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Over the Phone Hotel Reservations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
I think it depends what hotel you'e talking about. Generally with downtown hotels I haven't had any more luck getting rooms over the phone than I have online, but I have found that if you have a problem (need to connect reservations, change reservations, cancel reservations) then phoning and speaking to someone in person can often make a big difference. JME.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:53:56 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
It depends on the hotel you're interested in booking a room with, like Jun implied above.  Sometimes, calling the front desk can give you a slightly better discount on the room rate than using an online hotel booking website (such as expedia.com or priceline.com), but in general, it varies from hotel to hotel.

^_^;

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline elise

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Oh I apologize! I meant calling Travel Planners when hotel reservations open on the 29th. They say you can make reservations by submitting a form online (which I normally do) or by calling 1-877-55-COMIC. I should have been more specific. I was wondering about calling in to travel planners. Thanks for your other suggestions though! (:

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
Oh gosh, I didn't even think of that!

It used to be that by phone was the only way  to make the hotel reservations, until they opened up the online option. I think it has become less popular. However, as you can imagine, it takes a lot longer by phone, because you have to pass all your info along to the agent verbally. Since the requests are timestamped, and timestamp makes a HUGE difference in how likely you are to get your room, I'd say phone is a bad idea. You're much more likely to get your request in earlier if you are online.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from trying on the phone at the same time as you are trying to load the webpage...

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:50 PM »
The phone lines are typically very busy around that time - I don't know how much staff they have.

Your odds are better to do it online and visually see everything and confirm it before submitting.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login