Author Topic: Questions for Travel Planers? Here's their FAQ & contact info  (Read 7224 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
if you're having problems confirming your reservations; try here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

800-221-3531 (from the US, Canada & Caribbean) or +1-212-532-1660
Changes must be made at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or by phone at  1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642).

from the above link you can do the following;

Get login information
Modify an existing reservation
Cancel a reservation
Receive a hotel confirmation number
Get another copy of my confirmation
Pay in advance
Add or change a credit card
Get Hotel Reward/Frequent Guest credit
Waitlist myself for a preferred hotel
To ensure you have a room for your event you must first have a confirmed reservation before being placed on the waitlist for your preferred hotel.
Update contact info
See hotel amenities and services
See shuttle information
Request bed types
Make breakfast arrangements
Inquire about a past hotel stay
Get the best deal by booking with Travel Planners

Please post your questions & anserwers you ask Travel Planers so maybe the next person doesn't have to call them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:07:17 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Questions for Travel Planers? Here's their FAQ & contact info
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
This was posted by Donna Gardner on 4.2.13
Just got off the phone to travelplanners - want to thank the very helpful customer services lady who had difficulty with my accent (being a kiwi, we are a little hard to understand sometimes :) ) and is doing her best to help folk who have had issues with the reservation problems & have had a very buzy morning already with lots of angry folk....

It may appear that for some reason, that even though I did the form right and got the "You'll get a confirmation email within 48 hours etc screen" that they may never have had recieved my filled in form after all?.... >_< which is no fault of hers - so I remained claim and pleasant and they are sending it on to a supervisor to look further into and will be contacting me to let me know my options.

One thing to try to remember is the person on the other end is doing their best to help us and that they may not be able to help at all, so yelling or swearing or being angry at them, doesn't help - they personally aren't responsible for me or any one else NOT getting their accommodation and taking it out on them really doesn't help the situation. I know the frustration, I know the disappointment and yup I want to take it out on someone however, it doesn't solve anything - hey I'm there in it without accommodation, however being pleasant to the customer services folk may just help you and them find solutions that may not be there if your being unpleasant... Yup easier said than done... but take a few deep breathes before, during and after the phone call and wait some more... Good luck to eveyone that is in this same boat. :)

The number I called was in the actual Comic-Con email that I got regarding res - so it is 1- 877 - 552 - 6642 there was also 212 - 532 - 1660 opt 2. If calling from outside the US the free call number 1 - 877... is not a free calling and international rates aply though this is the number I used anyway as really wanted to talk to someone :) Also from NZ had to add 00 before the 1 - and 001 to the 212 number. It may not help at all, but at least I tried and if worse comes to worse, will try again on April 10 and will just have to get over the part that I won't be down town and in walking distance to everything for the 12 days that I'm in San Diego :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:34:33 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
Chelsea St Juniors
Ok so I got in contact with a really nice lady at Travel Planners and she said if you want to be wait listed do NOT cancel the room you already have. That WILL drop you off the wait list. Pay the fee for the hotel you have and just wait and see. If Travel Planners finds you a hotel room on your list, they'll email you and if it's before May 4th, you can cancel your other room without any penalties. That's what I'm doing. I pray I get one within the month because I am NOT trying to lose money here.

Offline bfett9

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:51 PM »
I don't see where I should fill in my deposit.

All I see is "Reservation Change, Cancel Reservation, or View an Existing Reservation"

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Offline bfett9

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
My bad just read the OP and original email got it thanks.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »
Nick Walsh
I recieved this in writing from Travel Planners: 'Everyone who submitted a request on Mar 29 and did not receive their first choice hotel has been automatically waitlisted for their preferred hotel(s).'

here's the FAQ which Travel Planners are sending out to folks who send them queries about the process:

Frequently Asked Questions About Housing Requests Submitted on March 29:

WHY DID I RECEIVE MULTIPLE NOTICES ADVISING ME MY REQUEST COULD NOT BE PROCESSED?

Because you submitted multiple requests.

I RECEIVED CONFIRMATION BUT I ALSO RECEIVED A NOTICE THAT YOU COULD NOT PROCESS MY REQUEST

Because you submitted multiple requests, one may be processed and the other(s) may not be.

DID YOU RECEIVE MY REQUEST?
All request receipts have been sent via email. Please check your spam filter and ensure you have allowed emails from tphousing.com. If you did not receive this, either we did not receive your request or there may be an error in your email address. Someone will reply to the email you just sent (that triggered this auto-reply) as soon as possible.

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY REQUEST?
If confirmed, confirmations have been sent. If we were unable to confirm you for any reason, an email update has been sent. Please check your spam filter and ensure you have allowed emails from tphousing.com. If you did not receive either a confirmation or an email updating you that we were unable to confirm your request, there may be an error in your email address. Someone will reply to the email you just sent (that triggered this auto-reply) as soon as possible.

WHY HAVE I NOT RECEIVED MY CONFIRMATION?
If confirmed, confirmations have been sent. If we were unable to confirm you for any reason, an email update has been sent. Please check your spam filter and ensure you have allowed emails from tphousing.com. If you did not receive either a confirmation or an email updating you that we were unable to confirm your request, there may be an error in your email address. Someone will reply to the email you just sent (that triggered this auto-reply) as soon as possible.

WHERE AM I ON THE WAITLIST?

Your waitlist position will be in the same order as your original request.

WHEN WILL I FIND OUT ABOUT THE WAITLIST?

If something becomes available the waitlist department will contact you.

IF I DON’T KEEP THE HOTEL I’M ASSIGNED WILL I STILL BE ON THE WAITLIST?

Yes, you will still be waitlisted for your preferred hotels, in the order of your original request.

I THINK MY REQUEST WAS BOOKED OUT OF ORDER
All requests were booked in the order received. Thousands of people submitted their request “right away”, “at 9AM”, etc and there are many variables that may have prevented you from getting one of your hotel choices while others got that hotel including: hotel preference order, number of rooms, arrival & departure dates of each room, number of beds. If this reservation is acceptable, you may guarantee it at this time. If it is unacceptable, you may cancel the reservation now. Housing will open again on Apr 10 at 9AM PT if you would like to check alternate availability at that time.

WHY WAS I BOOKED IN A HOTEL THAT WAS NOT ONE OF MY CHOICES?

Unfortunately, none of your hotel choices were available at the time your request was processed so we booked you based on the preference you selected on the request form. If this reservation is acceptable, you may guarantee it at this time. If it is unacceptable, you may cancel the reservation now. Housing will open again on Apr 10 at 9AM PT if you would like to check alternate availability at that time.

WHY DID I GET ONE BED INSTEAD OF TWO?

No rooms with 2 beds were available at the time your request was processed. If this reservation is acceptable, you may guarantee it at this time. If it is unacceptable, you may cancel the reservation now. Housing will open again on Apr 10 at 9AM PT if you would like to check alternate availability at that time.

WHY IS MY RATE HIGHER THAN WHAT IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE?

Per the website, rates ‘start at’ a certain rate. They go up from there depending on room type and occupancy. Your room was booked at the best rate available for your occupancy at that hotel when your request was processed. If this reservation is acceptable, you may guarantee it at this time. If it is unacceptable, you may cancel the reservation now. Housing will open again on Apr 10 at 9AM PT if you would like to check alternate availability at that time.

CAN I CHANGE HOTELS/RATES NOW?

There is currently nothing available to change to. Housing will open again on Apr 10 at 9AM PT if you would like to check alternate availability at that time.

WILL I GET MY DEPOSIT BACK IF I CHANGE HOTELS?

-If you made reservations in the Comic-Con Early Bird Sale (this is the event name on your confirmation), deposits are completely non-refundable and non-transferable.

-If you made reservations in the general Comic-Con 2012 event, your deposit will be refunded if you book another hotel with Travel Planners no later than July 14, 2012.

Offline hoserzgirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
Nick Walsh
I recieved this in writing from Travel Planners: 'Everyone who submitted a request on Mar 29 and did not receive their first choice hotel has been automatically waitlisted for their preferred hotel(s).'
^^THIS. This is the most fair way to be sure people get their top choices. As long as people let go of rooms and not try to re-sell them at a profit.