Author Topic: How'd Everyone Do?  (Read 9247 times)

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
Re: How Everyone Do?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 09:58:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
right at 9am i hit refresh on my browser. form loaded in 5secs maybe? completed it well under 30secs from there and submitted it all before my clock turned 9:01am.
That's awesome! I have not heard of many who did not have a load time delay. Keeping fingers crossed for all!

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
My form took about 2 minutes to load  :(, I'm so nervous, after that it took me under 45 seconds to fill out the form, but now I'm second guessing myself and thinking I put the wrong arrive/departure date, but I think it's just my nerves. I hope its just my nerves!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: How'd Everyone Do?
« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:18:34 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone, we've got the exchange/give google doc online & viewable.  we're asking folks refrain from posting to it until 48 hr's are up.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 10:13:04 AM »
My form took about 2 minutes to load  :(, I'm so nervous, after that it took me under 45 seconds to fill out the form, but now I'm second guessing myself and thinking I put the wrong arrive/departure date, but I think it's just my nerves. I hope its just my nerves!
As long as you have Friday and Saturday nights you should be able to adjust the rest after you get the confirmation. Friday and Saturday are the nights that sell out.

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »
As long as you have Friday and Saturday nights you should be able to adjust the rest after you get the confirmation. Friday and Saturday are the nights that sell out.

Thanks, this puts me a bit at ease. :) Now to wait and see.

Offline sheilaac717

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »
I experienced the same lag time. Last year I got the "housing request received" email at around 4:30 the same day. And my travel planners reservation email on Thursday around 2:30.

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
JUST TALKED TO TRAVEL PLANNERS

They said that Chrome was giving the ranking error.  Later today, anyone who got the bad form should receive and e-mail asking for additional info, and once we submit our ranks they will update.  She would NOT take my ranks over the phone because she said to expect the e-mail.  I asked whether we would keep our time stamp, and she said "yes". 

Here's hoping!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
JUST TALKED TO TRAVEL PLANNERS

They said that Chrome was giving the ranking error.  Later today, anyone who got the bad form should receive and e-mail asking for additional info, and once we submit our ranks they will update.  She would NOT take my ranks over the phone because she said to expect the e-mail.  I asked whether we would keep our time stamp, and she said "yes". 

Here's hoping!

I was told the same. Got my form in under 1 minute, but with bogus entries. Will be glad to see if they take my actual top 6 with that time stamp.

Offline Charlie Utter

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:25 AM »
Page took forever to load for me too and I was using Chrome as well...sigh.

I did get mine done by 9:03, so hope I got them entered in time.

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:48 AM »
Honestly, as long as I get a room somewhere on the shuttle route, I'll be happy. Yes, it'd be nice to be downtown again, but it won't kill me not to be.

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
Did anyone else have significant lag time between when they hit "submit" and when the confirmation page loaded? I think I waited about 10 seconds before it was confirmed my submission had gone through. I was done with form around 9:01:15 and I didn't have the confirmation page until almost 9:01:30.

Thankfully no drop down problems tho.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »
Did anyone else have significant lag time between when they hit "submit" and when the confirmation page loaded? I think I waited about 10 seconds before it was confirmed my submission had gone through. I was done with form around 9:01:15 and I didn't have the confirmation page until almost 9:01:30.

Thankfully no drop down problems tho.

Same here. I hit submit, the button greyed out, and then it just... sat there. 5-10 seconds for sure.

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:45 AM »
45 seconds to get it loaded and about a minute to actually do it cuz I was worried about time. Got the thank you page 5 seconds after I hit submit but my time stamp on that says 11:01 my time and when I looked up, 11:02 hit about 5 seconds later so I think I got mine in around 1m50s.

Let's hope it's enough what with all the lagging.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline lunate

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
The loading process took a few tabs. When I selected a Double, no other field for my other occupant appeared. I don't remember if I selected "book me into any hotel on the shuttle route." I submitted around 9:02.

Then I submitted again using a different email address about ten minutes later with my second occupant. Was that a bad idea? It might not matter that late of a submission time. I just don't want to negatively affect my 9:02 timestamp!

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 11:19:34 AM »
I was refreshing in Chrome up until 9, then when the page didn't change, I copied/pasted the link again and got a white screen.    Fired off a couple other tabs and then just waited.    I think my first tab loaded after 15 or so seconds, then I was one of the lucky ones who had the drop down working in Chrome.     Auto fill worked and I got the form entered in before 9:01.   

It was very stressful even though I was trying for a first timer friend as I already have my room.   

I hope they make it right for everyone who had page load errors with Chrome.    We will see on Thursday when the results come out I guess.