Author Topic: How'd Everyone Do?  (Read 9248 times)

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
Re: How'd Everyone Do?
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »
I have no idea what to expect this year.  2 years ago I took 3 minutes to submit my form and got none of my choices.  Last year I was super fast and got the Hard Rock, my number one choice.  This year the page did not even load until a minute after for me.  I also had some difficulty with the drop down menu.  I submitted at 9:02:11.  I'm hoping its enough to get one of my top 6.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have no idea what to expect this year.  2 years ago I took 3 minutes to submit my form and got none of my choices.  Last year I was super fast and got the Hard Rock, my number one choice.  This year the page did not even load until a minute after for me.  I also had some difficulty with the drop down menu.  I submitted at 9:02:11.  I'm hoping its enough to get one of my top 6.

I feel like this year that should be enough to get you into one of your top six.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 08:28:27 AM »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »
I have to admit, that it has been a roller coaster of emotion the last 2 days.

1. (First in line, finding my seat, front row) It started Tuesday morning feeling a bit over confident about the sale and my ability to get a form submitted quickly.

2. (Climbing the never ending first big hill) Then the delay when logging in, about a minute which felt like forever. I had flashbacks from badge sales (prior to 2014) when you were waiting to be placed in the waiting room or like in 2013 when I got the infamous "white screen of death"...

3. (the first drop, exhilaration! then the upside down loop approaches) Then I got into the form, relief for a second, then realized it had already been over a minute and panic set in yet again to quickly fill out the form and submit it.

4. (upside down (did we just get stuck?) Hotel drop down does not work properly... looking around, looking around... looking around... heck with it, panick, screen shot and submit.

5. (a long low flat spot with no hills, tunnel, darkness) The feeling that my hotel chances had all but slipped away, thinking the ride must be coming to an end...

6. (Wait! Suddenly I am the top of another hill ready for the plunge) I receive the follow up email to submit my hotel requests  as the form was not loading properly...alright!

7. (Going through a bunch of low lever twists and turns and small hills, really fun and fast) Just the fun feeling that everything is good and all the scary parts are behind me...

8. Coaster slowing to a stop, can see the light at the end of the tunnel) Received my confirmation email and all the hotel choices were in order...

9. (Wait, what? Another big hill... oh crap) I read the confirmation email and it states
"What do you want Travel Planners to do with your request if none of your hotels choices are available?"
You answered: Book me into any available hotel. NOTE: If we can book you into any available hotel, you will still automatically be waitlisted for your original, specified hotel choices. If we CANNOT book your requests, you will be automatically waitlisted.
Now, I have a fear that means that as long as I give this person a hotel, there are no complaints because they said to book them into any hotel... as if they were not doing time stamps. I choose the put me into a downtown hotel or nothing option and apparently they changed that on me.

10. ? (Am I going up the hill again?) or will my hotel confirmation that comes later today end my fantastic ride?

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

9. (Wait, what? Another big hill... oh crap) I read the confirmation email and it states
"What do you want Travel Planners to do with your request if none of your hotels choices are available?"
You answered: Book me into any available hotel. NOTE: If we can book you into any available hotel, you will still automatically be waitlisted for your original, specified hotel choices. If we CANNOT book your requests, you will be automatically waitlisted.
Now, I have a fear that means that as long as I give this person a hotel, there are no complaints because they said to book them into any hotel... as if they were not doing time stamps. I choose the put me into a downtown hotel or nothing option and apparently they changed that on me.

10. ? (Am I going up the hill again?) or will my hotel confirmation that comes later today end my fantastic ride?

This happened to me too -- I thought for a second I had fat fingered it bec. i was so thrown by the hotel select. I just replied to the email and said 'please change it to downtown only'. Not sure if they will really process that, but at least I have the paper trail of the request. Now it is all finger crossing for the final results.

Offline outphase

• Exhibit Hall
    • Law Bomb
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »
Got a Bristol confirmation. First pick on my list!

Offline Kara

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »
Apparently my form got submitted at least twice, because I got one confirmation earlier for the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and just now got another for the Hilton Bayfront.

I guess I am VERY VERY lucky to have gotten not one but two hotels so close to the convention, but I'm not sure what to do. Pay the deposit on the Hilton and let the Hyatt one expire, I guess? I feel terrible - I definitely did not intend to submit two requests.

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:54 PM »
Apparently my form got submitted at least twice, because I got one confirmation earlier for the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and just now got another for the Hilton Bayfront.

I guess I am VERY VERY lucky to have gotten not one but two hotels so close to the convention, but I'm not sure what to do. Pay the deposit on the Hilton and let the Hyatt one expire, I guess? I feel terrible - I definitely did not intend to submit two requests.
Offer up the one you don't want to board members. You don't have to make a deposit on it and if you get a taker before the 72 hours expire, you'll be doing a good thing and it won't cost you a dime.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 10:37:20 PM »

Offer up the one you don't want to board members. You don't have to make a deposit on it and if you get a taker before the 72 hours expire, you'll be doing a good thing and it won't cost you a dime.

Indeed!

Here's the instruction thread on the hotel exchange and giveaway, in case anyone needs it:

^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Kara

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
Indeed!

Here's the instruction thread on the hotel exchange and giveaway, in case anyone needs it:

^__~

Thank you! I thought that was an option but I wasn't sure how to go about it. This is my first hotel lottery and I'm currently in Seattle for ECCC, so I have been doubly stressed out about this whole ordeal.  :-\

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
Thank you! I thought that was an option but I wasn't sure how to go about it. This is my first hotel lottery and I'm currently in Seattle for ECCC, so I have been doubly stressed out about this whole ordeal.  :-\

You're welcome.  It's been stressful for everyone, but it's always great to see fellow forum members giving people a chance to help each other out.  ^__~

Have a great time at ECCC!  Can't wait to hear all about people's experiences there.  ^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:13 AM »
Pretty bad Alyssa.

I did everything right on my end but I was one of the few who didn't get the dropdown menu.  Been on the phone twice with TPs and now I'm  praying for a miracle.
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline itsmarty

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »
I didn't get the dropdown menu, but I was able to ctrl-select hotels pretty quickly and submitted in just under 2 minutes (including 15-20 hair-raising seconds of blank white loading screen at the beginning).

In the end I got one of the hotels in my list (Westin), but it wasn't significantly closer to the CC than my pre-booked backup hotel so I gave it away on the hotel thread.