Author Topic: SDCC 2016 Hotel Discussion, July 21st to July 24th  (Read 421958 times)

Offline rodneytfreeman

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 69
Re: SDCC 2016 Hotel Discussion, July 21st to July 24th
« Reply #5100 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
I had called the Omni a week or two ago to make sure that the reservation made it over and it was all good. I got nervous when I got an e-mail from the Omni today telling me that the full balance was due when I arrived. I called back today, and after checking with 3 different people, they verified that the deposit was there. Phew! Check-in tomorrow night!
SDCC: 2016, 2019, 2020

Offline Ru_Thompson

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5101 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
I have a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night that I don't need at The Gaslamp Plaza Suites (0.6 miles from the Convention Center). There are no refunds so I'm just looking to make some of my $$$ back.

The room would be changed to your name and would be completely yours to fit as many people as you want. It has one Queen Sized bed, WiFi and Free Breakfast!

I paid $650 a night but I'm willing to go lower!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #5102 on: Today at 10:22:09 PM »

Offline fruitflan

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #5102 on: July 26, 2016, 12:22:24 AM »
I stayed at Embassy Suites for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think I will come back again

Pros:
+ Free breakfast
+ Free happy hour with alcoholic drinks and snacks
+ Spacious rooms

Cons:
- Low flow toilets. Even a #1 requires 2+ flushes
- Rooms are not very clean. Some bathroom shelves had a month's worth of dust sitting on it. 
- Low flow showers.
- Our bathroom door was sticky and required a shoulder check to open it every single time.
- Little farther than some other hotels in the gaslamp.
- However, close to a tram route (we went to little Italy a few times)
- Room safe didn't work. Front desk told us they would send somebody in the morning but they never arrived. Called again and said we had to stick around for them to fix it.

Overall, it's a good place if you have many people that are staying in a room. However we'd like something cleaner and more luxurious next time around.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #5103 on: July 26, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I stayed at Embassy Suites for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think I will come back again

Pros:
+ Free breakfast
+ Free happy hour with alcoholic drinks and snacks
+ Spacious rooms

Cons:
- Low flow toilets. Even a #1 requires 2+ flushes
- Rooms are not very clean. Some bathroom shelves had a month's worth of dust sitting on it. 
- Low flow showers.
- Our bathroom door was sticky and required a shoulder check to open it every single time.
- Little farther than some other hotels in the gaslamp.
- However, close to a tram route (we went to little Italy a few times)
- Room safe didn't work. Front desk told us they would send somebody in the morning but they never arrived. Called again and said we had to stick around for them to fix it.

Overall, it's a good place if you have many people that are staying in a room. However we'd like something cleaner and more luxurious next time around.
FYI-the hotel review thread is here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you could re-post there (first post  has the format), that would be great, but I can always do it for you if you don't want to re-write. Thanks for the review!
Ang

Offline fruitflan

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #5104 on: July 26, 2016, 10:51:37 AM »
just posted, thank you! I wasn't sure as that thread had very little activity post SDCC.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #5105 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just posted, thank you! I wasn't sure as that thread had very little activity post SDCC.
Thanks so much for taking the time. I am hoping the activity will pick up in the next few weeks as peoples' experiences will be fresh (somewhat) in their minds.
Ang