Author Topic: SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 30135 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:09:28 PM »
Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for San Diego Comic-Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests onlyConversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at Comic-Con 2016.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)
(or) 
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:
If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
1. Go to the person's post in this thread.
2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST ON THE FORUMS
1. Click on "Modify" at the top right corner area of your post.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the icon on the bottom right area of your post.
3. Edit the text as necessary.
4. Click "Save."
5. That's it!  You have successfully edited your post.  (This method works for any of your posts on the forums. ^__~)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:01:14 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
Re: SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
The SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread is now open!  (I did say sometime around the end of the year.  ^__~) 

Please remember to follow the guidelines in the first post of this thread and use the proper formatting to make it easier for people to read through your post.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:24:47 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:05:52 AM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Update: Two of our roommates dropped out after not getting badges in the general sale so we are back on the market.
Update: And in under 24 hours our room got full again.  Sorry folks!  Good luck!

Name: Angel
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Aiming for Hilton Gaslamp, Omni, Marriott Gaslamp, or something in the same price range/location
Days: Wednesday July 20th-Monday July 25th.
Price Per Night: Definitely below $300, preferably below $250 (total, to be divided among roommates)
Smoking/Drinking: Light beer drinking, no parties
Spaces: 1-3 more

Age Preference of Roommates: Currently three late 20's/early 30's (I turn 30 at the convention!), but open to all age ranges
Gender Preference of Roommates: All female preferred, open to negotiation
Include a brief description about yourself: We are two journalists and SDCC veterans.  We are likely to be super busy and use the room mainly for editing articles/videos and sleeping.  We may even sleep in line a couple nights (that's actually how we first met two conventions ago!) Edit: we just added a third woman to the room. Same age range and also a con veteran!

Additional preferences for roommates: Right now we are aiming for 4-6 people total.  If we go over 4, some will need to do floor or chair sleeping. More than 6 people is way too many, but less than 4 makes the room too expensive.  We'll definitely need to talk about who sleeps where and when so that nobody feels like they got the short end of the stick.  Additionally, the website we write for is TheGeekiary.com (I'm the owner)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:24:06 PM by Angel_K »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline admiral-lira

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOMATES
Still available as of 07/11

Name: Admiral Lira
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Town and Country Resort and Convention Center (20 minutes trip on the trolley, also on the shuttle route)
Days: wed 7/20 to mon 7/25 (rest sunday night)
Price Per Night: $100/night, 3 nights deposit.
Smoking/Drinking: We drink lightly but not in the room, she smokes but will do it outside.
Spaces: 1 person or a couple

Age Preference of Roommates: Anyone above 21
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: We are a male and a female in our late 30, from a spanish speaking country and this will be our second comic con. She is very neat I'm not so much as her but I will respect your space.
Additional preferences for roommates: She is not a morning person so I expect we will not be getting up so early just be quiet if you leave early. We will be getting back to the room to sleep before midnight if there is no party so no noise or light after midnight please.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:53:13 AM by admiral-lira »

Offline peperryvt

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:10:48 AM »
Room Rental
Name: Pat Perry
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:Gaslamp Plaza Suites
Days: 7/17-7/24
Price Per Night: $300
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking
Spaces: Studio unit with partial kitchen, sleeps 4 in 1 queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa
Gender Preference of Roommates:
Include a brief description about yourself:
Additional preferences for roommates:

This is a timeshare unit at the Gaslamp Plaza Suites.  I originally booked it for my daughter, but she decided that she'd rather hike in the Andes this summer.  It's 0.6 miles from the SD Convention Center, about a 10 minute brisk walk.  There is a partial kitchen with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge.  The room includes a free breakfast every morning at their outdoor rooftop restaurant.  It's in the heart of the Gaslamp District.  I've never stayed there myself, but it does have good reviews online.

Offline buzglyd

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
1 Bedroom rental. Gaslamp Plaza Suites downtown! (GONE)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:06:30 AM »
This unit has been rented. Enjoy the show!

Hi all,

Last year's renter is not going to make the trip this year so I have my unit which I will list on other sites but I'll put it here first.

It is a 1 Bedroom 2 bath Plaza Suite. It's on the 10th floor, corner unit with an expansive view of downtown and the convention center.

It sleeps 4. Free breakfast is offered on the roof every morning. It includes a mini-kitchen and fridge and dishes, silverware.

Check in is July 17-24. I'm asking $2500 for the week and I won't break up the week.

Please PM Buzz if you have any questions.

Here is my link to Redweek You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You can also look on Gaslamp Plaza Suites website for pictures and info

EDIT (by Zero):
Added the following post:
You can also look on Gaslamp Plaza Suites website for pictures and info

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/s]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:57:29 PM by Zero »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:03:02 PM »
A quick reminder to make it easier to read through the thread--especially as it gets closer to the hotel lottery:

Please indicate, at the top of your post, if you're LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE or if you're LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES.  This is mentioned in the guidelines in the first post.  If you don't have a room yet or you're interested in only one or two specific hotels, then you should use "LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE."

Thank you, and happy hotel room hunting! ^__^
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:58:47 PM by Zero »

Offline naz521

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »
Update: Found a group.

LOOKING FOR A ROOM   
Name: Nazario
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Only preference is proximity to the con. Less than 1 mile minimum the closer the better
Days: Thurs, Fri, Sat, Check out sunday morning
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking:No
Spaces: 2-3 people in room including myself

Age Preference of Roommates: No preference I am 26
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed no preference.
Include a brief description about yourself:Would be second time at con, really just like doing all the activities around not exactly panel person. Of course if roommates know strategies into getting into the good ones awesome.
Additional preferences for roommates: I am looking for roommates who are able to score hotel lottery prices! The highest priced hotel listed on the lottery last year was $380/night for 2 adults rate. I am willing to pay 70% of hotel reservation for 2 adults rate myself for my days present regardless of number of roommates to have me included in reservation. Roomates could get in almost free...

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:02:48 PM by naz521 »

Offline ironmima

• Exhibit Hall
  • I am gold-titanium alloy.
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 12:06:12 AM »
Update: We're filled up!

LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE

Name: Mima (with jocelle011, mlgagne, and BananaSlug)
Hotel: MMM or Hard Rock (or other close downtown options)
Days: Wednesday to Sunday (some arriving on Monday)
Price per night: We're looking at $380-$480 per person for the whole stay (so $76-$96 per person per night) depending on the hotel we get
Smoking/Drinking: No/Yes
Spaces: We're already 4 and want one more roommate

Preferences and Description
Age Preference of Roommate: 18-30
Gender Preference of Roommate: Female
Brief description: We were roommates during last year's Con and have become good friends since. BananaSlug will be a new addition to the room, and yourself if ever.
Additional Preferences for Roommates: We take Hotel Day seriously and as such we were all able to get rooms last year (we chose the MMM and gave our 3 other Downtown rooms away). We are extremely systematic and organized about it, so whoever wants to take up the last spot should also put in the same dedication as we do with practicing and coordinating until Hotel Day. Also since we're already friends, we hope our new roommate could get along with us as well--we help each other with lines and autographs and groceries, etc. Makes for a good Con experience :)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:35:40 PM by ironmima »

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Erica/epicaz
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Omni, Bayfront, MMM, etc. Condo/Apartment rental
Days: Tues 7/19-Mon 7/25 (checkout)
Price Per Night: <$300/night. Flexible on price for condo, within reason
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking yes drinking
Spaces: Looking for a hotel room that would fit 5 people. We have a 6th around for the weekend, but that may only be applicable for a condo

Not having much luck finding a rental this year, so we may have to face hotelpocolypse if nothing works out. Posting this early just in case.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:21:11 AM by epicaz »

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 10:44:52 AM »
Looking for a room share!

Name: Devon (plus maybe two)
Hotel: Anything in Gaslamp area really
Days: anytime from Saturday the 16th to Wednesday the 20th through Sunday (Flight booking will depend on this)
Price per night: Ideally Sub 300
Smoking/Drinking: No/Yes
Spaces: Looking for myself for sure, if there's 2 additional spots might bring two friends.  Working professional just want to be in the thick of it.  Did Hotelpocalypse last year and wound up okay, but trying early.  I'm friendly, outgoing, and clean! So let me know!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:22:32 PM by Zero »

Offline riyag

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 01:12:03 AM »
Update 6/13 : looking for female roommate only for Wednesday the 20th.
I have a roommate from 21st to 24th.

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE MATE (got reservation through the lottery)
Name: riyag
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Bristol Hotel
Days: Wed to Sun (20-24) Wednesday 20th
Price Per Night: $230.63 total so $115.31 per person
Smoking/Drinking: No/Don't mind
Spaces:

Age Preference of Roommates: None
Gender Preference of Roommates: all-female
Include a brief description about yourself: First time at comic con though I have wanted to go for a while. I am hoping to meet people who have done this before. I would love to make new friends and will help out with logistics. I don't have any cosplay decided yet. I will be flying in so luggage will be minimal.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:03:02 PM by riyag »

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: Highgiant (Darren)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: A hotel room within Gaslamp area / walking distance of the Convention center (max of 20 to 25 minute walk).
Days: Arriving Monday 18th to 25th July but I can book pre-con days separately myself if needed. 
Price Per Night: Max Budget would be $200 a night.
Smoking/Drinking: I'm a non smoker but social drinker so preference to share with Non Smoker / don't mind re drinks
Spaces: Looking for myself. Happy to share with any number.

Age Preference of Roommates: Any age - I'm an easy going guy so sharing with any one who is easy going or friendly is OK with me! I'm 30 myself.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm Irish, coming over for SDCC as part of last stop of an American holiday. Easy going (read: lazy!) happy to have a few drinks out in town, eat out or just walk around exploring a new place.

I'm happy to talk to any one who might be interested in sharing so just feel free to send me a mail and we can talk about it.

Note: I've a hostel booked already but if I can find a hotel room then great and I can cancel that but I'm under no pressure as I've the hostel to fall back on any way.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:22:59 PM by Zero »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 01:18:25 AM »
Since the Early Bird Hotel Sale was recently opened up, it's time for a formatting reminder for any newbies to this thread.

Quick Tip: Try to include some information in the "Preferences and Description" section.  It will help give people an idea if you would be a good match for each other as roommates and may increase your chances of being contacted by another forum member.

If you are offering a room rental or a condo rental, you can still use this formatting below.  Just identify it as a "ROOM RENTAL" or "CONDO RENTAL" at the top of the post.

Please follow the below formatting:

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

Good luck, and happy roommate hunting!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:58:31 PM by Zero »

Offline SDCCDeadpool

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: SDCCDEADPOOL  (Johan)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Gaslamp, but will accept anything close depending on price
Days: Wednesday-Sunday
Price Per day: N/A  I'll pay my share
Smoking/Drinking: I drink (only until I feel pretty), I don't smoke. 
Spaces: I don't care how many people in the room as long as I have a place to crash.  Oh and I get to leave with all of my internal organs.  Hands off my kidneys!

Age Preference of Roommates: I'm early 30's, don't care about roommate age
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed.  Again, don't care how old, gender, or sexual preference.  Just want laid back fun people.
Include a brief description about yourself: I've often been described as a much less attractive Henry Cavil.  I am a professional "Before" model.  I only have one costume, I will probably bring one hiking backpack.  Long story short, let's have fun, make some memories, split some costs, and not murder each other.  (This is exactly what my Tinder profile says).
Additional preferences for roommates: Adults that can handle their own sh@t.  I don't expect anyone to pick up after me.  Except for the house keeping staff.  I need my before bed pillow mint.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:23:17 PM by Zero »