Author Topic: Best Hotel Deals for SDCC 2012??  (Read 15488 times)

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
Re: Best Hotel Deals for SDCC 2012??
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
I know they may or may not do that this year, but what exactly does the hotel room/badge sales entail?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
This is based on what I remember, and it was nearly a year ago, so hopefully if I get something wrong/don't remember it all someone else can fill in the gaps.

There were a few hotel rooms left in Mission Valley (interestingly enough, pretty much the same ones offered during the Early Bird sale). If you booked the room through Travel Planners, you got a free 4 day badge for each occupant. Some of these badges (apparently at random) included Preview Night.

HOWEVER, last year they did NOT have the Early Bird sale. This MAY mean that they don't have enough hotel rooms left this year to make the hotel/badge sales worthwhile. I don't know.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:11:45 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
<snip>HOWEVER, last year they did NOT have the Early Bird sale. This MAY mean that they don't have enough hotel rooms left this year to make the hotel/badge sales worthwhile. I don't know.

This makes a lot of sense to me especially since the early bird hotels are non-refundable
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5