Author Topic: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019  (Read 19802 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: NEED 2 WYNDHAM SD BAYSIDE ROOMS
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello All.  Looking for 2 rooms at Wyndham SD Bayside.  One room from 07/17-07/22 and the other room for 07/17-07/21.

Please post in the Asking thread:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline KansasCity

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
My apologies.  I deleted it.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 05:06:48 AM »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »
My apologies.  I deleted it.

No worries!  Just getting you to the proper thread :)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »
You didn't have a hotel and you heard about this FoCC place where people have good luck getting hotels.   You rush over and your first post is you want one of the most requested hotels.  Let's be realistic here, wave 2 is already out, your chances of getting one here are close to zero.

So did you come here in vain?  If you disappear, yes.  If you stick around, no.

This is a community, which means the more you stick around and chat the more likely you are find help next year and just maybe you will luck out and be able to help.  People here tend to pick people to help that they have had good interactions with, or maybe helped them out in the past.  What does that mean?  Being rude will get you nowhere! 

So now that you are here take time to read the forum rules and announcements: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Say hello in the welcome thread so people can get to know you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe let people know what inspired your forum name: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Then read everything like there is no tomorrow because the information here can help you have a better con.  Even while you are staying at that mission valley hotel!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Jangos1

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2019, 01:49:16 AM »
You didn't have a hotel and you heard about this FoCC place where people have good luck getting hotels.   You rush over and your first post is you want one of the most requested hotels.  Let's be realistic here, wave 2 is already out, your chances of getting one here are close to zero.

So did you come here in vain?  If you disappear, yes.  If you stick around, no.

This is a community, which means the more you stick around and chat the more likely you are find help next year and just maybe you will luck out and be able to help.  People here tend to pick people to help that they have had good interactions with, or maybe helped them out in the past.  What does that mean?  Being rude will get you nowhere! 

So now that you are here take time to read the forum rules and announcements: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Say hello in the welcome thread so people can get to know you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe let people know what inspired your forum name: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Then read everything like there is no tomorrow because the information here can help you have a better con.  Even while you are staying at that mission valley hotel!

Thank you for the reminders and tips and for allowing me to be a part of this amazing community.  I'm learning so much and I appreciate all that you do.  Hopefully, I, too, can help someone with my humble contributions and experiences. 

Thanks, again-

Jangos1

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2019, 10:02:00 AM »
You have a great attitude, Jangos! I hope to see you at SDCC this yar, and if you stick around, you should be eligible for the Hotel Exchange next year.

Offline Jangos1

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2019, 09:26:30 PM »
You have a great attitude, Jangos! I hope to see you at SDCC this yar, and if you stick around, you should be eligible for the Hotel Exchange next year.

Thank you!  That would be terrific to see you at SDCC.  It's so refreshing to meet nice people with a common, geeky bond. 

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »
Thank you!  That would be terrific to see you at SDCC.  It's so refreshing to meet nice people with a common, geeky bond.

Did you see that there are a number of FoCC meetups at the con? We will be having meetups on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. The Sunday night dinner is waitlisted, but you can always sign up and see if there is a place for you.

Offline Lonerangerone

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2019, 09:35:35 PM »
Man, I wish I'd known about this site years ago! Been going to SDCC since 2012, but first I've found this site. I totally get restricting the access, just envious of those who've been here for a while. :)

Offline Jangos1

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2019, 10:02:00 PM »
Did you see that there are a number of FoCC meetups at the con? We will be having meetups on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. The Sunday night dinner is waitlisted, but you can always sign up and see if there is a place for you.

Thank you for letting me know.  I responded to your post in the Tuesday Afternoon Meetup thread.  I'm excited to meet everyone! 

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2019, 06:16:22 AM »
Man, I wish I'd known about this site years ago! Been going to SDCC since 2012, but first I've found this site. I totally get restricting the access, just envious of those who've been here for a while. :)

If you stick around and join the group, the you will be eligible next year. The more people we have participating, the stronger we are.

Glad to hear it, [member=7916]Jangos1[/member] !

Offline geargirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »

Where is the meetup info. I would like to get on the waitlist for Sunday and get the meetup info for Tuesday and Wednesday. Don't know if I will get there in time for Tuesday, but will be there for Wednesday. Trying to overcome my shyness!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2019, 03:28:35 PM »
Tuesday Afternoon Meetup (Hilton Bayfront Lawn)

Wednesday Morning Breakfast (at Broken Yolk)

Sunday Night Dinner & SWAG Trade (Waitlist only, at Harbor House)