Author Topic: 2020 SDCC NECA Exclusives  (Read 5025 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: 2020 SDCC NECA Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 09:34:21 AM »
Haven't finished it, here's the Pixel Dan interview with Randy, post-SDCC TMNT sale and retail discussion.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I use to think a preorder on Target we a safe bet to accomplish.   I really no confidence in getting anything preordered on Target online until they resolve the bots issue.

19 minute mark mentioned the SDCC sale and how it's hard to cancel big box preorders.

That's amazing! So pumped. Even though their shipping is always like $20 to me, I'm still excited about it!!

More T&R info at 21:39 (quantity set by how many preorders come in). 

Not going to Retail, only direct from Neca!

The $70 mentioned must be with the shipping price?

Update: $70 + shipping

SuperShredder will have some online stock at Neca (28:25), but rest still at Walmart.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:24:42 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 09:19:48 PM »

That's amazing! So pumped. Even though their shipping is always like $20 to me, I'm still excited about it!!

That preorder now Live, for one week only, but felt great to have it done!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Movie) -7” Scale-Action Figure – To – NECA

$69.99

Went by Walmart to view the Gremlin and Alien Convention exclusives.  No Predator at that store.

Target near me had the TMNT Mutagen Set placeholders on the shelf.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:35:29 PM by SamTurtledove »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:02:22 PM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 10:47:34 AM »
Yea I'm really nervous about Tokka and Rahzar as well as Super Shredder. Normally I've been fine getting everything at SDCC, but this year needing to get them online has been a nightmare. I don't want to put the blame on NECA, but I have seen other companies do Target and Walmart stuff and it hasn't been as bad.

For any future sales, like SDCC and Shredder

"Pro tip once it’s in your cart go to thenecastore.com/checkout to bypass the non working checkout button"

Shredder btw kept coming back into stock. I was able to get one after someone posted they were back up.

Tip #2 So always keep trying until NECA posts an item has sold out.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:54:00 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
For any future sales, like SDCC and Shredder

"Pro tip once it’s in your cart go to thenecastore.com/checkout to bypass the non working checkout button"

Shredder btw keeps coming back into stock.

Oh that is a good tip! Yea the freezing up sucked. I switched to my phone and got it instantly. Glad it came back in stock though for all the others. They seem to be able to cancel a lot of duplicate orders quickly which is great.
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Conan - 2017, 2019
Funko Fundays - Not yet. Still trying!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »
I use to think a preorder on Target we a safe bet to accomplish.   I really no confidence in getting anything preordered on Target online until they resolve the bots issue.

The news about the tomorrow's 1-week neca store preorder window for the Target TMNT Metalhead may be a new wrinkle in the bot war.  Looks like the other item is a Casey Jones prop replica mask, which can also be preordered at BBTS for $30.

I saw on reddit about a promo code for $5 in another email about flat rate shipping, but I didn't get it.

Otherwise, hoping to find an SDCC Predator at Walmart.  My friend's son got his and said it's cool!

Edit: Casey is the mask, not the set.

Edit 2:  The copy of email from reddit for those who got Super Shredder get the $5 coupon. Maybe only for those who paid for UPS or over $20 for shipping?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:20:03 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2020, 07:30:37 AM »
The news about the tomorrow's 1-week neca store preorder window for the Target TMNT Metalhead may be a new wrinkle in the bot war.  Looks like the other item is a Casey Jones prop replica mask, which can also be preordered at BBTS for $30.

I saw on reddit about a promo code for $5 in another email about flat rate shipping, but I didn't get it.

Otherwise, hoping to find an SDCC Predator at Walmart.  My friend's son got his and said it's cool!

Edit: Casey is the mask, not the set.

Edit 2:  The copy of email from reddit for those who got Super Shredder get the $5 coupon. Maybe only for those who paid for UPS or over $20 for shipping?

I received the email with the $5 coupon. And my shipping was $22.99 so you may be right about that. It was a tough purchase....$22.99 for shipping and $29.99 for the figure.
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Conan - 2017, 2019
Funko Fundays - Not yet. Still trying!