Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th  (Read 27722 times)

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
They are doing giving away tickets through their facebook page, next Wed, starting at 12pm EDT. So far, for Robot Chicken, Venture Bros, The Following and Person of Interest:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fee: Free

Date: Wednesday, September 25
12:00 pm - 4:30 pm

Description:
For the very first time, NYCC will be hosting an online giveaway for free Private Autograph Tickets. The instant win giveaways will begin on Wednesday, September 25 at 12:00 PM EDT and will end on Wednesday, September 25 at 4:30 PM EDT or until supplies last. To enter head on over to NYCC’s Facebook page (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and check out the Free Private Autographing Tickets tab (located below our cover photo). Pick which Autographing session you would like a shot at attending and click “Am I the winner” You will instantly find out if you got a free autograph ticket or not. IMPORTANT: You must have a valid NYCC badge for the day of the autographing to NYCC during the time of your private autographing.

Tracks:
Autographing, Autographing Ticket Giveaway, Free Autographing

Offline BigJoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
I wonder if this will replace giving out tickets for these signings at the show.  Will they be linked to your badge?  Will they be linked to your name?  do you have to print out the ticket if you win?  That's just the questions that popped into my head over the first couple of minutes.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:45:42 PM »

Offline zammap

• Exhibit Hall
    • www.zammap.com
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
Oh god they listened to me

I was like. "hey, instead of making people wait outside in the cold for 10 hours why don't you make a raffle? It will be 100% fair. EVERYONE gets and equal chance. Because I thought getting there at 2am was early and that I was going to be 1st in line but I guessed wrong. And even those who did get tickets, now they are tried and can't fully enjoy the best day of the con (sat)."

I like the idea but yes... HOW does it work?

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
Well on one hand, I won't be sorry if I don't have to stand/sit in line for 8-10 hours or more, just to get an autograph ticket. BUT at least then if you're there early enough, you have a decent chance of getting one. This is so random, and strictly luck of the draw. Which I suppose is fair, but...  :P

I may just have to settle for being able to see the Walking Dead panel. If I can get into the theater & find a seat.

Wishing now I'd been able to snag a VIP pass...

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
2 questions come to mind, maybe Brian can clarify

1. Can we enter more than one contest
2. Is there a way to confirm they are not sold/given away. I.E. if you win you are the one getting the autograph
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Hey gang. This link should answer most of your questions.

We wanted to make the process of getting free autographs fairer and less brutal for everyone. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of people sleeping outside on the street in the cold. This way everyone has a shot at an autograph and you will know if you have one before you ever get to the building. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
Hey gang. This link should answer most of your questions.

We wanted to make the process of getting free autographs fairer and less brutal for everyone. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of people sleeping outside on the street in the cold. This way everyone has a shot at an autograph and you will know if you have one before you ever get to the building. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thanks, Brian! Will this be the only way to get autograph tickets this year, then? Not that I'm sorry I won't need to camp out all night in the cold, of course.  :D

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
This will be the only way to get the free autograph tickets. This should make it easier for fans and give more people the opportunity to obtain a pass. This will also help us control it more and eliminate scalping of the autograph tickets. Feel free to let me know your questions, concerns, complaints, etc.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
This will be the only way to get the free autograph tickets. This should make it easier for fans and give more people the opportunity to obtain a pass. This will also help us control it more and eliminate scalping of the autograph tickets. Feel free to let me know your questions, concerns, complaints, etc.

Can we enter and win more than one giveaway.
Do we choose one option for all rounds?
Do we choose one option per round?
If we choose a giveaway in one round and don't win, can we enter for the other giveaways in that round?
Can we enter all the giveaways in each round?

Say I want TWD and they show up in Round 2 and I waited but did not win but could have possibly won Robot Chicken in round 1 which would have been my 'second choice' then I am somewhat out of luck on both accounts
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:01:31 PM by mllNY »

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »

I think by having it as a online drawing it makes it too easy. People who are not even fans are going to be trying and possible winning autograph tickets just because it's free and it takes no effort. An in person raffle system like they do at SDCC is in my opinion a better way to go since it takes care of making it more fair but also at least makes people put in a little effort to keep most non fans from really trying.

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
All fans are created equal. Because a fan isn't willing to sit outside overnight doesn't make them less of a fan. This allows everyone a shot at an autographing ticket. We want it to be easy for people. This should make it much cleaner and easier the whole way around for fans. It is also one less line that people will need to stand in so they can enjoy more of the show.

As for the questions you brought up. A fan can enter all the giveaways in each round. They only have one entry for each autograph session. They can win more than one autograph ticket if they are lucky. Technically if a fan is very lucky they could score an autograph ticket to each session that they enter.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
All fans are created equal. Because a fan isn't willing to sit outside overnight doesn't make them less of a fan. This allows everyone a shot at an autographing ticket. We want it to be easy for people. This should make it much cleaner and easier the whole way around for fans. It is also one less line that people will need to stand in so they can enjoy more of the show.

Appreciate the message here and I do agree with this method even if I also see the side of the die hards that choose to sit outside because they are saying they are the number 1 fans.

I assume also that there will be checks in place to cut down on the scalping. Say a person goes to FB to try and sell their ticket maybe that counts as a forfieture of said ticket

As for the questions you brought up. A fan can enter all the giveaways in each round. They only have one entry for each autograph session. They can win more than one autograph ticket if they are lucky. Technically if a fan is very lucky they could score an autograph ticket to each session that they enter.

Thats all I needed to hear!

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »

I guess we will have to disagree with this. I think it does take more of a fan to make the effort to camp out or to get in line very early. Why does everything everyone wants need to be easy. I think it should take some amount of effort to get something you really want. Like i said you are going to have people who are not even fans trying and probably winning autographs because it takes no effort to go on the computer and hit a button. Only the biggest fans are the ones who will put in the effort to get in line or camp out.
But you could of also done something like a live drawing which they do at San Diego comic con which still requires at least some effort to show up at a certain time for the drawing.

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
A fans ability to suffer shouldn't be a judgement on how big of a fan they are. Not everyone is able to spend a night on the street for autograph tickets. It doesn't make them less of a fan. This gives all fans an opportunity. I appreciate hardcore fans and the ones that are able to sacrifice more than others but I don't think it is fair to judge how much of a fan someone is based on waiting on a line.

There will be no scalping of these tickets. there are additional security measures that we will only reveal to the winner of the autograph tickets. There will be several checks put in place and autograph tickets will not be exchanged, sold, etc or their will be forfeit. There will also be no opportunity for that to happen because of the structure we will have in place.

Offline zammap

• Exhibit Hall
    • www.zammap.com
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 04:22:48 PM »
What about the people who are working at that time of day, and cannot get online somehow to get their chance at a ticket? Will there be chances later in the day for those fans? Or are they just SOL?  :(
[/quote]

What about those who have parents/spouses who wont let them sleep out in the street for ten hours? What if a person has a health problem or are pregnant and can't stay out ten hours in the cold? What if they have some sort of responsibility to attend to at night? What if they show up a half hour too late and end up a few people short of being the top 50 and waited on line for ten hours for nothing?

I guess they're just SOL.

If you're "hardcore" enough to wait ten hours in the cold for a ticket then I think you can be hardcore enough to have a family member or friend us your facebook and click a link