Author Topic: Data loss & disruption of service......we've lost the past 24 hrs of posts  (Read 3364 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Yesterday morning there was a problem with the node that our service is on at our hosting site. Once they recovered we ran numerous maintenance and repair tools to combat any corruption.
everything seemed good....for a while. Then late sunday night I began receiving a lot of error reports from our hosting service.

long story short, the database had become corrupt and was becoming more and more unstable as time went on.
at around 11pm pt the site lost access to all the posts on the forum.

after trying an number of options suggested by both Jopari and the excellent tech support team at our hosting company, it became obvious that the only solution was to revert to a back up done Saturday morning.

This is a long way to explain the missing 36 hours of post. Believe me i am distraught over the lost posts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:54:50 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

TravT77

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yesterday morning there was a problem the node that our service is on at our hosting site. Once they recovered we ran numerous maintenance and repair tools to combat any corruption.
everything seemed good....for a while. Then late sunday night I began receiving a lot of error reports from our hosting service.

long story short, the database had become corrupt and was becoming more and more unstable as time went on.
at around 11pm pt the site lost access to all the posts on the forum.

after trying an number of options suggested by both Jopari and the excellent tech support team at our hosting company, it became obvious that the only solution was to revert to a back up done Saturday morning.

This is a long way to explain the missing 36 hours of post. Believe me i am distraught over the lost posts.
Oh..god....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
thank u trav... i needed that 8hugs*

if folks can take upone themselves to update what ever threads they were participating in with a summation of what transpired yesterday - that'd be wonderful please & thanku
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Online semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
[member=1]alyssa[/member] Just a heads up, the forum was down for me (on all browsers) for about five minutes a little bit ago. Obviously not a big problem, but just letting you know in case it's a symptom of something wrong on the backend.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
[member=1]alyssa[/member] Just a heads up, the forum was down for me (on all browsers) for about five minutes a little bit ago. Obviously not a big problem, but just letting you know in case it's a symptom of something wrong on the backend.

I was on the phone w/ tech support seconds after it went down ;)
they assured me it was a one time issue requiring a restart.... I will be keeping a record and tracking the problem!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
I would like to note for the record that I did not trip over a power cord that broke the forum.  :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I would like to note for the record that I did not trip over a power cord that broke the forum.  :)

Oh, so you pulled it out on purpose? ;)