Hall of Records (from years gone by) > 2013 WonderCon

WONDERCON Badges go on sale January 2013!

<< < (11/11)

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJust bought my WC badge.  With the rate that cons are growing, I didn't want to take the chance that it may sell out.  Unlikely, but ya never know.  I heard that ECCC sold out on Saturday, and WC last year was unexpectedly more popular than the organizers thought (or at least what they let on). 

I was tempted to get all 3 days, but that would mean I'd have to plunk down more $$ for gas, food, etc., since I'm not staying at a hotel.  And Easter is Sunday, so there's that.

--- End quote ---

If you want to go, nothing wrong secure your ticket early.  :)   

Like you said, a lot of other conventions are enjoying the success of San Diego bringing cons into the spotlight with increased attendance because people can’t get tickets to SDCC, can’t afford to or don’t want travel so they check out their local con, want to see what cons are about, etc.

For the comic collector, it took me a full day just to shop the floor of Wondercon.

Hidajunshin:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYa last years Saturday was pretty packed, but not SDCC packed. Last year they also had a girls volleyball tournament going on at the same time too. You won't be disappointed. Hope to see you there

--- End quote ---

The girls were hilarious.  It was really funny watching them pose for pictures with the 300 guys and the various costumes.  I hope WonderCon stays in Anaheim.  I feel bad for Bay Area nerds losing such a great convention.  Maybe APE will grow some more.

Jim Watari:
That rain storm on Saturday last year was crazy I've lived in Southern California all my life and was one if the worst storms ever. I was soaked by the time I got to the con

oneroomdisco:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIf you want to go, nothing wrong secure your ticket early.  :)   

Like you said, a lot of other conventions are enjoying the success of San Diego bringing cons into the spotlight with increased attendance because people can’t get tickets to SDCC, can’t afford to or don’t want travel so they check out their local con, want to see what cons are about, etc.

For the comic collector, it took me a full day just to shop the floor of Wondercon.

--- End quote ---

This is why I bought my badges over the weekend.  I don't think WonderCon will completely sell out (it being Easter weekend will definitely keep some people away) and I'd even be surprised if Saturday ended up selling out, but with the growing popularity of cons and especially the meteoric rise of things like Emerald City made me want to play it safe.

If WonderCon ends up permanently in Anaheim (or as some have speculated, WonderCon: Anaheim becomes something distinct from a San Francisco based WonderCon), I would expect that to see at least partial sell outs sooner rather than later.

Hidajunshin:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIf WonderCon ends up permanently in Anaheim (or as some have speculated, WonderCon: Anaheim becomes something distinct from a San Francisco based WonderCon), I would expect that to see at least partial sell outs sooner rather than later.

--- End quote ---

Yes.  WC Anaheim would grow faster and in a shorter time frame than WC SF has grown in years past.  I still can't help but think that the con organizers are feeling out Anaheim in case they have to move SDCC.  I know they want to stay in San Diego, but there's always that 'if'.  I remember last year there was a lot of speculation about Anaheim which organizers denied, but still...I think Anaheim has become the secondary option in case convention center expansion plans fall through in San Diego, whether they admit it or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version