Comic-Con International > SDCC Programming, Panels, and Lines

2022 Talkback

(1/3) > >>

perc2100:
Did anyone happen to go to the panel this year?  I was unable to, but _really_ curious to hear anything from CCI regarding the Saturday Hall H line (or anything else), which was a MONSTER cluster bus this year.  It seemed like logistically Hall H was problematic all week, or at least Saturday & Sunday.  Having the metal detectors at the beginning of the tents seem to REALLY create a massive bottleneck in the line, particularly crossing the street from Bayfront Harbor. 
Hopefully CCI will look into improving this greatly for 2023 and beyond; I never had many problems with Hall H lines before (besides the reality that they are indeed unwieldy, they are manageable with planning and friends - this year they were seemingly borderline unmanageable), but this year felt incredibly problematic - almost like CCI and whomever completely forgot how to manage a huge line.  Did they change companies and the new company just dropped the ball; does anyone have any information from the Talkback panel?

debster:
We only caught the last 15 minutes, but it sounded like the bulk of the complaints were about Saturday’s Hall H NDL and the ADA line for Saturday Hall H. It seems logical to me to cap the ADA line (with maybe a small handful of standby) because they know how many wristbands they are going to give out. I don’t know how they can figure out the Hall H stuff because people will game the system no matter what they do.

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWe only caught the last 15 minutes, but it sounded like the bulk of the complaints were about Saturday’s Hall H NDL and the ADA line for Saturday Hall H. It seems logical to me to cap the ADA line (with maybe a small handful of standby) because they know how many wristbands they are going to give out. I don’t know how they can figure out the Hall H stuff because people will game the system no matter what they do.

--- End quote ---
Yeah the ADA thing is perplexing to me.  If CCI is going to adhere to the legal minimum, then it seems easy to cap it so folks aren't waiting around all day(s) for no wristband: or cap whatever number they decide is max for ADA.

The thing about Hall H lineup in general was more logistical issues than anything this year.  They had lines in different spots, and the metal detectors at the very front of the tents complicated letting people into the tents post-wristbands: they were only allowing a handful (50ish estimated by folks I talked to) of folks to cross the street & enter the detectors after handing out wristbands.
And also, starting the wristbands at 9:15 is a terrible idea: why not 7:45/8 or whatnot?  And I'm not even going to get into the fact they actually started nearly 60 mins late, and didn't finish until after 1am Sat. morning.

I know there won't ever be a perfect solution, and I'm not complaining a ton (heck, I got into Hall H, my seats were fine, and I had a blast).  I just think it's inarguable that this year wasn't great and could be much improved for next year with a few tweaks and better communication.  It still blows my mind that CCI doesn't utilize social media for constant updates on things like that so attendees don't have to rely on 3rd party tweeters & gossipy hearsay.  If CCI doesn't employee a full-time social media team for convention weekends, I think that's a pretty integral investment that would REALLY help inform attendees and quickly resolve relatively minor complaints

alyssa:
I got the entire audio  recording
I'll post it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

susanml10881:
I didn’t go to this panel as I was busy but they did change companies. Forget the name but it starts with a and has three letters. It’s the same one they used for special edition and their sister company has the wondercon contract.

The wristband pick up for lotto was a cluster too. It’s like they forgot how to run a con. And/or were understaffed.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginDid anyone happen to go to the panel this year?  I was unable to, but _really_ curious to hear anything from CCI regarding the Saturday Hall H line (or anything else), which was a MONSTER cluster bus this year.  It seemed like logistically Hall H was problematic all week, or at least Saturday & Sunday.  Having the metal detectors at the beginning of the tents seem to REALLY create a massive bottleneck in the line, particularly crossing the street from Bayfront Harbor. 
Hopefully CCI will look into improving this greatly for 2023 and beyond; I never had many problems with Hall H lines before (besides the reality that they are indeed unwieldy, they are manageable with planning and friends - this year they were seemingly borderline unmanageable), but this year felt incredibly problematic - almost like CCI and whomever completely forgot how to manage a huge line.  Did they change companies and the new company just dropped the ball; does anyone have any information from the Talkback panel?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version