Author Topic: 2022 SDCC Limited-Edition Chocolate Bars Return To Comic-Con  (Read 3829 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: 2022 SDCC Limited-Edition Chocolate Bars Return To Comic-Con
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2022, 04:14:36 PM »
So I bought a couple of each type, and I'm finally getting around to trying them all.

First off, I'm not a big fan of chocolate, especially dark chocolate. And I'm definitely not a fan of mixing fruit with chocolate. With that caveat in mind, pretty much the only one I'm enjoying is the Reece's, which is:

With a rainbow blend of passion fruit, crispy mango, white chocolate, and Froot Loops, the Recess bar transports you to a vibrant land of four square, hopscotch, and kickball games.

I like it mainly because it's white chocolate. The other white chocolate one -- Pixie -- has way too much fruit flavor for my tastes. The Sunrise S'mores -- dark chocolate, graham crackers, Lucky Charms marshmallows -- was one I thought I'd find good, since I love graham crackers, but again, not a fan of dark chocolate, so it wasn't all that palatable to me. And my least favorite was the Misunderstood Villain, which combined dark chocolate, orange, and paprika. Just... no.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2022, 04:21:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I bought a couple of each type, and I'm finally getting around to trying them all.

First off, I'm not a big fan of chocolate, especially dark chocolate. And I'm definitely not a fan of mixing fruit with chocolate. With that caveat in mind, pretty much the only one I'm enjoying is the Reece's, which is:

I like it mainly because it's white chocolate. The other white chocolate one -- Pixie -- has way too much fruit flavor for my tastes. The Sunrise S'mores -- dark chocolate, graham crackers, Lucky Charms marshmallows -- was one I thought I'd find good, since I love graham crackers, but again, not a fan of dark chocolate, so it wasn't all that palatable to me. And my least favorite was the Misunderstood Villain, which combined dark chocolate, orange, and paprika. Just... no.

I'll take those paprika ones off your hands ;) they were my second fav. I think i liked the Smores on the best but only slightly more then the Villain
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:48:10 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2022, 09:43:00 AM »
The bitterness of the chocolate is far more important than the other flavorings. I can't stand dark chocolate, so I would never even think of trying the dark bars... no matter how good the other ingredients, the dark chocolate would be too overwhelming.

I'm all for milk and white chocolate though. I enjoyed the Pixie bars. the Recess bar was good... although the Fruit Loops in it were weird. not a fan of Fruit Loops, but it worked with the other ingredients.