Author Topic: Welcome- Please Read  (Read 29356 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Welcome- Please Read
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:58:47 AM »
Welcome

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:29:01 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
Re: Welcome- Please Read
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »
This forum is done by people who love CCI with no employment or official standing with CCI. Please be kind and keep the comments on the helpful side of things as the site is brought online.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:42:34 AM »

The Gossamer

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:45 AM »
Thanks Alyssa and Chris for taking your personal time to create this forum for new and veteran members.

Offline brendanprout

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This forum is done by people who love CCI with no employment or official standing with CCI. Please be kind and keep the comments on the helpful side of things as the site is brought online.

Curious - and this is not intended to sound snarky, but sincere - it's really cool that you've taken the time to collect info like this, as "friends of CCI" but why put that much effort into a separate individual endeavor, instead of bringing your talent to help with CCI in an official capacity?  Speaking as one who has been volunteering with CCI since the early 90's, it seems like we could put your passion to good use within an official branch of the organization.  Why not join the staff or committee and be able to represent information in an official capacity?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
first thanks for suggesting volunteering for CCI in an official capacity.  I would love to - and i expect Chris H. would too.  How do we go about doing that?  I was under the impression that the only volunteer spots available are at the show or in San Diego.  Please feel free to PM me with a way to offer my services.  I am not being snarky too!

I'm in New Hampshire so getting into the office is a little difficult.  ;D  Chris is local tho, he can be the local contact.

Just to explain my motives in starting this forum;
It was born out a frustration at the Discussion section on the Facebook page going away.  A number of us who respond to posts had used that area as a place would could refer people too.  As I'm sure you know, 95% of the questions are very repetitive and don't require a free response.
In addition some of the threads were wonderful;  I mean 6 pages of Tips&Tricks-- they were just fun.  By setting this forum up, i can insure that we won't be subjected to the whims of Facebook.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »
I was really glad that I found this forum. It's fun wading through all the posts and stuff on other sites, but it's also great to know that I can come here and get the important information that I need. I have never been to ComicCon but I'm gonna try like hell to go this year. Wish me luck that it all works out.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for setting up the forum. Too easy to troll on FB so it'll be nice to share ideas and get advice on here.

Something that may be useful closer to the date is setting up threads for carpools, meet ups and other things like that to get some names and faces matched up.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »
Thanks for setting this up! 

I'm in Canada and have never been to California (but I did live in Phoenix for a year).  This take out a lot of guess work in planning this trip.  I missed out getting tickets last year, but hopefully as a first time goer, I (and a few friends) will get them this year.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 02:32:25 AM »
Thank you to Alyssa and Chris for creating the Friendsofcci.com forum!  It should provide helpful for all things Comic-Con. ^-^d
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:13:30 PM by alyssa »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline mr.rob201

• Sails Pavilion
  • If toilet paper could talk O the s**t it would say
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:28 PM »
thanks for doing this! As a first timer, any and all information is greatly appreciated, and to have a place to be able to ask your questions to others who have been there is a great resource.

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow!"

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:56 PM »
I am glad you guys find the site useful & enjoyable!

Offline Nate

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
Thanks for putting this together.

I went last year for the first time and it was great. I made a couple of rookie mistakes in terms of logistics (selecting a hotel a little too far out, wasting time in lines for bigger panels that in retrospect I should have avoided, getting to the pre-registration too late, etc.), but otherwise I had a good time.

While I did everything CCI told us for Saturday's badge sales, I ended up falling into the e-mail link trap and ended up not getting any badges for this year. I ended up about 1600 back when they announced everything was sold out. Bitterly disappointed in how that turned out and in CCI's lack of an appropriate response. But I'm going to give the resale a try.

The Gossamer

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you score a badge on the resales. Best of luck to you Nate!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »
This thread will be locked, since we now have a specific place for newcomers to say hello.

Please refer to the Introductions/Welcome Thread to tell us about yourself: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks! ^_^
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...