Author Topic: Entertainment Earth 2015 signings  (Read 1800 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7003
Entertainment Earth 2015 signings
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
@WilliamShatner from #StarTrek will Participate in a Limited Signing @EntEarth Booth #2343 on 7/9 #SDCC @CBS

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline battlestar81

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 66
Re: Entertainment Earth 2015 signings
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:11:00 PM »
This is def. a must for me to try and get tix too! It is my gf first time to SDCC and one of her main to do items is get a pic with Shatner as a present for her dad because he is a huge fan!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:15:43 AM »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is def. a must for me to try and get tix too! It is my gf first time to SDCC and one of her main to do items is get a pic with Shatner as a present for her dad because he is a huge fan!

FYI not sure about entertainment earth but most signings push you through so fast you barely get an autograph and many don't allow cameras. So don't go in expecting more than an autograph.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »
I think it's one of the booths that charge you like 50 or 100 bucks for a photo or autograph.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »
Entertainment does not charge.
It will be a raffle. Or maybe you might need to buy something.
They usually don't allow posed photos with the celebs because of time constraints.
Shatner is not the most fan friendly celeb so don't be surprised if he never looks up when you approach.
Good luck.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »
Here's their schedule so far:

I would love to get an autograph from Seth Meyers!!

Does anyone know if they provide (free or for purchase) materials to be signed? I don't know what I would have him sign..

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:58:12 PM »
I tried for a signing at the booth back in 2013. This was a Thursday. It was a raffle and they started passing out raffle tickets right when the exhibit hall opens. I tried to get there early but the interesting thing is, it may not pay to be too early. Basically they pass out tickets in a numbered order and then they select the winners based on a range. Like if they pass tickets out that range from 150000 to 151000, they may just choose randomly a range of 151253 to 151353 and declare those in the range to be winners. From my experience, my ticket number was like 200-300 people too early so I don't think there's a need to get there first in line. It would also help if you have friends who don't care about getting an autograph to go and get a ticket at different times than you to increase your odds. You can also try going yourself a 2nd time around but sometimes they do recognize you and they don't give you that 2nd ticket ;)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:09:52 AM »
I think that KISS autograph time conflicts with their panel.

Anyway, I've had two different experiences getting Shatner's autograph.  The first time, he didn't interact with fans at all, he didn't personalize, it was just sign, sign, sign, without even looking up.  The second time, he chatted with fans a bit and personalized.  It's hard to say which Shatner will show up.  However, his autograph is normally $80, so if you can get it for free, that's a good deal.

I doubt he's going to pose for photos.  When he does professional photo ops at cons, he's usually sitting on a chair or stool.

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
I think KISS is going to come in after the screening for the Q&A.

Offline Roybq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Last year they changed it up and did a "text raffle." I can't remember the details, but at the booth they had info on how to sign up for a raffle via text.  If you won, they would text you back about a 1/2 hour before the signing and tell you to get in line.  In the line, they checked to see if you got a text and put a wristband on you.   My wife and I did this for Seth Myers last year and both of us got winning texts.  We got not only his signature on a "Awesomes" carded figure, but he signed our bobble heads from Entertainment Earth and gladly posed for pics.  He was super nice and didn't just push people through. Anyway, if they do this method again, I'm definitely going to do it.  It was so much nicer than the raffle the year before.  You just have to plan on being near the area when the signing you want to do comes up. I think I remember them saying if you're not in line by a certain time before the signing, you won't get a wristband.