Author Topic: Small Press Registration 2018?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
Small Press Registration 2018?
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:08:12 AM »
Anyone familiar with the process of purchasing exhibit space in the Small Press section? I couldn't find annoying about Small Press registration/purchasing Small Press table for SDCC2018.

I'm in the process of making a children's book that I'd like to present at Comic Con next year.

Some questions:
When does Small Press Registration occur?

Does Small Press table purchase require a Professional Registration?

Does table purchase come with badges? If so, how many?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
Re: Small Press Registration 2018?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
In case anyone is interested, I got a quick response from Comic Con re: above questions:

"Professional registration is not required to apply. The Small Press Pavilion is strictly for small independent publishers, and every application has to go through a jury selection process. For SDCC 2018, along with your application, you are required to send in a current sample of your own self-published publication based on the following guidelines:

-A physical copy of the sample must be sent in to:

CCI
PO Box 128458
San Diego, CA 92112

Attn: Small Press

-The sample cannot be published by any other publisher (DC, Marvel, Image, etc) it must be your own independent company. 

-The sample must be postmarked on or before the posted deadline. The application for Comic-Con 2018 will be available on our website on July 24, 2017. Details for the deadline will be on the application. Any sample postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted.

-The sample must have a storyline with sequential art. No art prints, sketchbooks, etc. will be accepted.

-*Very Important* The sample must have a copyright and/or publish date of 2017 or 2018 clearly printed on the sample sent in. No other copyright/publish date will qualify

-There are no exceptions to these guidelines

Once the Small Press Board has review all the samples and made their decision of who gets selected, notices will be sent out and if selected, payment will be required then. You get 2 exhibitor badges and can purchase up to 2 more if needed."

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:45:32 AM »

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 06:51:43 AM »
[member=838]tremendo[/member]  - I was just looking on the CCI website for this info...which is not there, but thankfully you have answered all of my questions.  Curious - are you going to have a table?  A friend of mine may do this next year for a small publication. 

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:08:05 PM »
Sorry, I never got to this in all the pre-Con madness and post-Con blues.

No, I never got my book together. Here’s hoping and planning for next year! Not planning to get a Small Press table, though. I applied as a Professional for 2019.

As for your friend, have them look into getting a table in the Small Press section. Not sure when deadlines are for submitting an application for tables.